Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    When you have 3 teams per age group instead of 1, this is what happens. You can teach technical ability, but the player must love the game to get better. So, its not so much about coaching, as it is about this glorified rec mentality. This happens at GPS as well. BTW; the DOC at GPS, could not find his A S S hole with out a flash light. Azzurri is plain laughable.
    Never said any of the clubs were good so no reason to needlessly bash clubs just because you don't like them. Just rude and ignorant. I can say those other DOC's you mention I actually see trying to execute some type of a plan and training to get their players away from a glorified rec mentality (for example both provide SAQ sesions, evey week which Fire does not). Too say its not so much about the coaching tells me your just a big dumb idiot. Out of 3 teams you still have one that is a top team and should be paired with a top quality coach. The kids all show up and are there to be trained and so it is very much about the quality and content that is being provided to them. You sound like one of the coaches I was refering to in my previous post which just blame the players for everything.

Comment

Never said any of the clubs were good so no reason to needlessly bash clubs just because you don't like them. Just rude and ignorant. I can say those other DOC's you mention I actually see trying to execute some type of a plan and training to get their players away from a glorified rec mentality (for example both provide SAQ sesions, evey week which Fire does not). Too say its not so much about the coaching tells me your just a big dumb idiot. Out of 3 teams you still have one that is a top team and should be paired with a top quality coach. The kids all show up and are there to be trained and so it is very much about the quality and content that is being provided to them. You sound like one of the coaches I was refering to in my previous post which just blame the players for everything.
      Sorry the coach could not make your kid a star. DOC,GPS,AZZURRI =Plan....hahahahahahahahahahahaha! they have a plan to take your money my idiot friend.
      You got the hard on for the FIRE, let it go, your kid will still suck!

Comment

You talk about technical skills and style of play, but then mention these other clubs have SAQ? You do know what SAQ is, right?

You’re also at every single training session to see all coaches and DOC run their session? So if every kid in your son or daughters class doesn’t pass a test, that’s the teachers fault? You’re a little insane with your comments and I don’t think you are thinking them through except hating on Fire. There is no “style” of play at any of the clubs. Go watch the younger aged teams play. A lot try to play out of the back, if it works and then are winning, they’ll keep doing it. If not, they will eventually look to play more direct to have success in that game.

Either way, don’t bash someone else for bashing your DOC at GPS. Fire is definitely not perfect, but none of the clubs in this area are. They need to consolidate in order to have consistent success at a state level. Not just players, but coaches as well. My daughters coach is amazing, but I’m not ignorant to think that Fire is built around a bunch of coaches like him. From what I hear, it’s quite the opposite. Same goes for GPS and Azzuri though. Couple good coaches, most bad.

Comment

Fire jersey you pay high to wear advertisement

So how many players nationwide from any Fire club moved up the ladder to actually play for the professional soccer club Chicago Fire. I did not put a question mark for the answer is zero. The Sharks would be way less for the pretense is gone
          Funny how the Fire coach ignored the post stating that all the Fire clubs in all the different states they play in never had a player make it to the real Fire club in Chicago as a professional. The ladder to the pros is a joke. I believe their Academy in Chicago is at the bottom of the scouting ratings but would need to look that up again. Bring back the Sharks even their name represents Naples better never mind looked great.

Comment

Florida Fire was the next big thing. Give it some time, someone will come in the next year or two promising even better things at a higher price.

Comment

Bring back the Sharks

Florida Fire was the next big thing. Give it some time, someone will come in the next year or two promising even better things at a higher price.
              Then go back to the original good thing and just tweaked it a bit.

Comment

Funny how the Fire coach ignored the post stating that all the Fire clubs in all the different states they play in never had a player make it to the real Fire club in Chicago as a professional. The ladder to the pros is a joke. I believe their Academy in Chicago is at the bottom of the scouting ratings but would need to look that up again. Bring back the Sharks even their name represents Naples better never mind looked great.
                You bring up high prices, but what did NFM cost before GPS came to town? Or Bonita Storm/Azzuri/City? It’s club soccer in general, but you want to point out Fire only because you have a vendetta against them.

I’m not the previous poster, but I’ll answer you. Fire had 4-5 players from Florida get offered in to Academy, but only 2 chose to go. 1 went on to be successful in Academy, college, and played professional overseas for a year or two. The other just left the Academy for another club and committed to college. A player in CFJ first year went on to play pro and still playing overseas (JL). SJ also started with Fire and played 3 years before he left, but he played longer with Fire then anyone. I’d be an idiot to say he was developed with them as he was going to naturally be an amazing player regardless of what team/club, but ultimately he is playing for USL/MLS now.

I don’t get your post though honestly as what players have from this area? GPS promises Bayern Munich, but has that happened? Stop hating on other clubs and enjoy your own son/daughter.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2435398

I’m not the previous poster, but I’ll answer you. Fire had 4-5 players from Florida get offered in to Academy, but only 2 chose to go. 1 went on to be successful in Academy, college, and played professional overseas for a year or two. The other just left the Academy for another club and committed to college. A player in CFJ first year went on to play pro and still playing overseas (JL). SJ also started with Fire and played 3 years before he left, but he played longer with Fire then anyone. I’d be an idiot to say he was developed with them as he was going to naturally be an amazing player regardless of what team/club, but ultimately he is playing for USL...”

Oh my goodness gracious. Your post is so sad. USL only pays around 1500 to 2000 a month and only during playing season and you bragging that someone who left the Fire to play on three other clubs is getting below poverty level wages. And seriously Academy is your big thing where people have to pay for their own room and board and then no one from that Academy never even made the real team. Or did someone finally did please tell me. Bring back the Sharks and stop the pretense.

Comment

You bring up high prices, but what did NFM cost before GPS came to town? Or Bonita Storm/Azzuri/City? It’s club soccer in general, but you want to point out Fire only because you have a vendetta against them.

I’m not the previous poster, but I’ll answer you. Fire had 4-5 players from Florida get offered in to Academy, but only 2 chose to go. 1 went on to be successful in Academy, college, and played professional overseas for a year or two. The other just left the Academy for another club and committed to college. A player in CFJ first year went on to play pro and still playing overseas (JL.
                    Um. Played one year with Fire. So was developed elsewhere and you Brag because he could not make it in college and ended up on the bench at a local college before going where?

Seriously, John Robinson placed more players in Europe at his club. But this post is about bring back the Naples Sharks that had way more success with players. Even the former DOC helped develop a player that went on to have a long career in professional soccer.

Comment

Um. Played one year with Fire. So was developed elsewhere and you Brag because he could not make it in college and ended up on the bench at a local college before going where?

Seriously, John Robinson placed more players in Europe at his club. But this post is about bring back the Naples Sharks that had way more success with players. Even the former DOC helped develop a player that went on to have a long career in professional soccer.
                      Now you’re bashing Fire because they didn’t develop players before the club even existed? You asked a simple question to who has played professionally from Fire. I gave you examples, but apparently that’s not to your liking.

JR developed who? Please tell me. Was that when he was with LCS? NFM? Adrenaline? Bonita? Or his new venture Elite? When you work for almost every club in the area, I would think you eventually will stumble upon a player or two that played for your club.

This area is not a hotspot for professional players and if you think your son/daughter is playing pronin the future, you need to move or drive them somewhere else. Any of our local clubs is not going to supplement the level of train they need. If you use connections from local clubs to go to Orlando, Chicago, or even Bayern Munich (I suppose?) then great. That’s an avenue you can explore and will get your name out there/on the radar, but that requires you moving out of this area still.

If I were you, I would focus on your son/daughter playing in college first. It’s hard enough for boys to be recruited for that level. I tried to be unbiased in my previous post about clubs, but apparently you can’t let your vendetta go against Fire. Keep living with that hatred and I’ll enjoy my son’s college games.

Comment

Chilly in Philly

Now you’re bashing Fire because they didn’t develop players before the club even existed? You asked a simple question to who has played professionally from Fire. I gave you examples,
                        Um making around 400 dollars a week a few months out of the year is your answer.
                        Drop the pretense and bring back the Sharks.

And you know that no Fire player ever made it to their Chicago team. So stop selling it as a pathway unless you start doing five practices a week with games on the weekends and start teaching skills.
                        Sharks had teams that did that.

Glad your son is playing soccer in college. I had some wonderful memories...Penn, Temple and of course Nova.

Comment

You talk about technical skills and style of play, but then mention these other clubs have SAQ? You do know what SAQ is, right?

You’re also at every single training session to see all coaches and DOC run their session? So if every kid in your son or daughters class doesn’t pass a test, that’s the teachers fault? You’re a little insane with your comments and I don’t think you are thinking them through except hating on Fire. There is no “style” of play at any of the clubs. Go watch the younger aged teams play. A lot try to play out of the back, if it works and then are winning, they’ll keep doing it. If not, they will eventually look to play more direct to have success in that game.

Either way, don’t bash someone else for bashing your DOC at GPS. Fire is definitely not perfect, but none of the clubs in this area are. They need to consolidate in order to have consistent success at a state level. Not just players, but coaches as well. My daughters coach is amazing, but I’m not ignorant to think that Fire is built around a bunch of coaches like him. From what I hear, it’s quite the opposite. Same goes for GPS and Azzuri though. Couple good coaches, most bad.

What club offers training sessions 4 days a week?

Comment

If you’re talking about team sessions, no one in this area. You have to travel to go get that.

If you’re talking about optional sessions like SAQ or Technical, then that’s different.

Comment

If you not going to offer it then go back to the Sharks. Stop pretending.

Comment

If you’re talking about team sessions, no one in this area. You have to travel to go get that.

If you’re talking about optional sessions like SAQ or Technical, then that’s different.
                                Yup and we do travel for that. The coaches, the players, the club are all amazing. Best decision we ever made was to get out of playing soccer in pathetic SW Florida. All the DOC's and their coaches have major issues with their programs and none can truly compete at the higher levels consistently and as a whole program. If your child is trying to develop, learn and compete at the highest levels the grass is greener on the other coast.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X