Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious: What is TBU doing that other clubs arent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I guess your right. If they do not have 1 youth academy team then the future is not that bright. Why has the girls side falling so badly at Clearwater?
    It’s not only the girls side. Their entire Club is falling apart. Tampa Chargers is DEAD and LWR has 1 good team and the rest are Recreational teams.

Comment

The Chargers Girls program is DEAD. It is probably the worst in Tampa Bay. They don’t have 1 Girls Youth Academy team. Their top girls teams play in CDL Div.2. Also as a Club they are losing teams every year. TBU, Florida Premier, WFF are all stronger then the Chargers now. And these are all FACTS. Once the the USDA announces this week that TBU will get the full DA the Chargers USDA program will die out as well. Welcome to reality.

full DA at TBU ain't going to happen. CC in the way! TBU should be an all ECNL club. Get rid off the 3 ages DA teams.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
        full da at tbu ain't going to happen. Cc in the way! Tbu should be an all ecnl club. Get rid off the 3 ages da teams.
        tbu is getting the full boys da. Fact

Comment

Okay...when is the announcement?

Comment

Okay...when is the announcement?
            Lol to this guy answering his own posts so it looks like he’s the only one who knows they are getting a full DA

Comment

Every year we hear the same thing from tbu parents, generated by the coaches saying we are getting the full DA, now sign here for next year, thank you very much.

Comment

No one is buying it because TBU has been saying this for 5 years and when the announcement comes they are still a junior DA club. They have become the boy who cried wolf..

Comment

Just so we are clear.... since you are an Oldsmar supporter you should put ALL the facts out there:

1. The Celtic 02 team was missing 6 starting players due to high schools playoff games last Friday night when Oldsmar won 5-1. The same team that you tied 2 weeks prior when they had their entire squad. But I am sure you don’t recall that.

2. Also the post about Celtic 02 girls said “the club has some decent talent on its 02 team”. Reading is fundamental. It says nothing about that Celtic 02 team being a great or excellent team. Because they aren’t. That team is not that good. And neither are the Oldsmar 02 girls.

Are we clear now??? #yesyouarestillpettty

Signed

Celtic Parent
                  Can't argue with FACTS! Can ya? #sitdown

https://media.giphy.com/media/11R5KYi6ZdP8Z2/giphy.gif

Comment

No one is buying it because TBU has been saying this for 5 years and when the announcement comes they are still a junior DA club. They have become the boy who cried wolf..
                    The reality is if you play at the Chargers Club teams it’s like playing Recreational Soccer. Especially at the Tampa & LWR campus. Just put your kids in TARSA and save your money.

Comment

Chargers are the top DA in our area top to bottom. IMG"s DA is terrible at the younger ages. TBU's is mediocre at the young ages they don't have full DA yet... although with their size, I see that as inevitable. I still can't believe WFF has a DA. Haven't seen them in action but I'm guessing they stink. They are hit and miss in the non-DA teams depending on the age. They are big enough still where they usually have talent on their first teams.

However, if you aren't in the DA, the Chargers are a dying club. If TBU gets a full DA, I think it won't be long before they surpass them. I would have to think the erosion of talent coming from their own youth teams will catch up with Clearwater if they aren't the only real DA in town. Their leadership is stale and have no clue how to reverse the decade long trend of withering on the vine.

TBU recruits well, and runs a well funded operation. They don't really develop much in the young ages but have enough size and a central location, so they still manage to start collecting talent at the older ages from the smaller clubs. It's too bad because even their talented teams play direct kick and chase soccer in most age groups. They just have enough athletes to get away with it until they play the big clubs from other parts of the state/country. Plus, they passed CC now as the ugliest kit in town. It hurts the eyes to watch them.

The club that is growing at the young ages and developing quality young teams is Florida Premier. If they can start keeping senior teams together and keep kids from going DA/ECNL, they can make up grounds on TBU. Still a big If though.

Lutz used to pump out consistent quality teams for a small club back a few years ago. That seems to have derailed a bit. I'm guessing they are starting to lose kids to TBU and Florida Premier.

The reality is if you play at the Chargers Club teams it’s like playing Recreational Soccer. Especially at the Tampa & LWR campus. Just put your kids in TARSA and save your money.

Comment

Chargers are the top DA in our area top to bottom. IMG"s DA is terrible at the younger ages. TBU's is mediocre at the young ages they don't have full DA yet... although with their size, I see that as inevitable. I still can't believe WFF has a DA. Haven't seen them in action but I'm guessing they stink. They are hit and miss in the non-DA teams depending on the age. They are big enough still where they usually have talent on their first teams.

However, if you aren't in the DA, the Chargers are a dying club. If TBU gets a full DA, I think it won't be long before they surpass them. I would have to think the erosion of talent coming from their own youth teams will catch up with Clearwater if they aren't the only real DA in town. Their leadership is stale and have no clue how to reverse the decade long trend of withering on the vine.

TBU recruits well, and runs a well funded operation. They don't really develop much in the young ages but have enough size and a central location, so they still manage to start collecting talent at the older ages from the smaller clubs. It's too bad because even their talented teams play direct kick and chase soccer in most age groups. They just have enough athletes to get away with it until they play the big clubs from other parts of the state/country. Plus, they passed CC now as the ugliest kit in town. It hurts the eyes to watch them.

The club that is growing at the young ages and developing quality young teams is Florida Premier. If they can start keeping senior teams together and keep kids from going DA/ECNL, they can make up grounds on TBU. Still a big If though.

Lutz used to pump out consistent quality teams for a small club back a few years ago. That seems to have derailed a bit. I'm guessing they are starting to lose kids to TBU and Florida Premier.

Signed - A very knowledgeable individual in Tampa Bay Soccer !! Great post

Comment

Can't argue with FACTS! Can ya? #sitdown

https://media.giphy.com/media/11R5KYi6ZdP8Z2/giphy.gif
                          Okay
                          So if there are some decent players on the 02 team why are playing for a team which by your own admission is not very good . Must be their very loud coach or maybe the assistant coach who makes sure he looks after the goaltenders . I would imagine there is a good chance this will all fall to pieces at the end of the season .
                          I will give you the 03s though , if they can pick up a decent goalie and a couple of center midfielders
                          who can actually run they will be a top team .

Comment

Okay
                            So if there are some decent players on the 02 team why are playing for a team which by your own admission is not very good . Must be their very loud coach or maybe the assistant coach who makes sure he looks after the goaltenders . I would imagine there is a good chance this will all fall to pieces at the end of the season .
                            I will give you the 03s though , if they can pick up a decent goalie and a couple of center midfielders
                            who can actually run they will be a top team .
                            Maybe they are playing on the team because their friends are on the team. Or maybe they don't want to drive all the way to Tampa to play for TBU which is the only option that is considerably better than their current situation.

I'll be the first to admit that their loud mouth coach is a complete joke. He just shouts the entire game and his lack of adjustments gets that team killed every time they play against good competition. Just check the scores of WAGS and Disney. As for the assistant coach who looks after the goaltenders....he's not good. The coaches on that team are terrible. 3 people constantly shouting to players what to do the entire game.

The 03s are better. The goalie isn't the quickest of foot and doesn't say much but she is solid player and can distribute the ball well out of the back. They need more midfield help. They have one midfielder that controls the game who has good vision, speed, and size. But she needs help. Their forwards and wings have a lot of speed and skill. If they can address those problem areas they can definitely be a top team. They also have a real coach unlike the 02s.

Comment

Looks like WFF east lake is starting to do things right, the younger age groups are performing well, I think they just got a new coach for the 08s and I heard that is a very good team, lots of players moving to WFF East lake next season, does anyone know who is their 2008 coach?

Comment

The 08 team is not 3rd best of the 3 teams in their 5 mile radius. I think they are 4th or 5th in CDL. They aren't bad (I saw them at Commissioner's Cup) but nothing special either. There is not much else positive going on at WFF East Lake beyond the fact that WFF kept the fields from going to TBU 3 years ago. To me, it seems to be hanging by a thread, but who knows. Things can go in cycles. However, most of their other teams are at the bottom of the table in their leagues, at least on the boys side. And WFF-Brandon still treats them as the step children within the club.

Looks like WFF east lake is starting to do things right, the younger age groups are performing well, I think they just got a new coach for the 08s and I heard that is a very good team, lots of players moving to WFF East lake next season, does anyone know who is their 2008 coach?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X