X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Boo effing hooooo

I dont want any top level teams playing so my kid can win a trophy..........

Be a better parent...make your kid get out of their room, off the phone, out of sight from the computer...go outside and kick the ball around with other kids!!!
    Okay, so exactly who is this response supposed to be criticizing? Which poster do you think does not want their kid to play top teams? Impossible to tell from your strange post. Just curious..

Comment

Now you are reaching. Okay, if mid to late august games for some reason don't count as games then maybe the mentioned ECNL teams have never played a non-ECNL team. Gotta love the spin. All is right with the world again. Self-worth restored. To completely fix things through you probably should come up with some reason why the December Disney Showcase games played by out of state ECNL teams don't count as games. Never mind, why don't we just leave it as ECNL teams are far superior and would never play a non-ECNL team and leave it at that. It is just kids playing soccer. Holy crap.
      Disney Showcase ... key word "showcase" if they are in the showcase division then there is your answer... and the response to the post was about specific u16 florida (again key word florida) teams playing against his sons team and losing...

Comment

Disney Showcase ... key word "showcase" if they are in the showcase division then there is your answer... and the response to the post was about specific u16 florida (again key word florida) teams playing against his sons team and losing...
        Look you can find all the technicalities you want. Games played on certain dates don't count as games, games played at Showcase events don't count as games between ECNL & non-Ecnl, out of state Ecnl teams don't count, etc. The point was never that ECNL teams have lost to non-ECNL teams. The point was that at this point in time there are non-ECNL boys teams who can be competitive with ECNL teams. The example of teams having met in matches was to make this point. Someone got on and said it is a lie that any ECNL team at U16 and above have played non-ECNL teams. When I said it could easily be looked up, all the qualifiers about which games count as games came out. I really can't understand why it such a big deal to admit something factual. TBU ECNL & FKK ECNL are both registered to play FLorida Cup against non-ECNL teams this year. You can also look that up. I guess it is all about some crazy need to feel your kid is special. ECNL may very well get to the point where there is no overlap with the next step down, just not quite there yet. Logically all you have to do is look at south Florida. South Florida has by far the largest population and the most soccer talent in the state, but there is no ECNL program yet. Are we to believe there are no teams from this area that can compete with ECNL teams from Orlando, Jacksonville, and Tampa?

Comment

Look you can find all the technicalities you want. Games played on certain dates don't count as games, games played at Showcase events don't count as games between ECNL & non-Ecnl, out of state Ecnl teams don't count, etc. The point was never that ECNL teams have lost to non-ECNL teams. The point was that at this point in time there are non-ECNL boys teams who can be competitive with ECNL teams. The example of teams having met in matches was to make this point. Someone got on and said it is a lie that any ECNL team at U16 and above have played non-ECNL teams. When I said it could easily be looked up, all the qualifiers about which games count as games came out. I really can't understand why it such a big deal to admit something factual. TBU ECNL & FKK ECNL are both registered to play FLorida Cup against non-ECNL teams this year. You can also look that up. I guess it is all about some crazy need to feel your kid is special. ECNL may very well get to the point where there is no overlap with the next step down, just not quite there yet. Logically all you have to do is look at south Florida. South Florida has by far the largest population and the most soccer talent in the state, but there is no ECNL program yet. Are we to believe there are no teams from this area that can compete with ECNL teams from Orlando, Jacksonville, and Tampa?

Silly question...what part of the state is Miramar?

Comment

yep, see they have ECNL. I admit mistakes. Must be one hell of a team if they are pulling from all 6 million people. You may call it "silly question" but does not change any of what I said except correction there is now an ECNL team in Ft Lauderdale area. ECNL teams have still played non ECNL teams and there have been competitive games with both wins and losses. No spin needed by me

Comment

Are we to believe there are no teams from this area that can compete with ECNL teams from Orlando, Jacksonville, and Tampa?
              Depends what you mean by compete, but I'm sure there might be a few. With the increase exposure of ecnl and more top players from clubs taking notice and moving the gap should widen. We have been with a ecnl club since day one and the rosters are increasing with talent, especially in Orlando. There is also talk of adding 2 more ecnl clubs in FL and my guess would be Tampa area and S. FL.
              Sorry to get off point from the topic but wanted to respond. Maybe a good idea to start a "All ECNL"~boys thread because of all the interest and comments. By the way your comments are very well thought out.

Comment

Very silly

Miramar is a country not a state! So bring your passport

Comment

Miramar is a country not a state! So bring your passport
                  Top Gun

Comment

Depends what you mean by compete, but I'm sure there might be a few. With the increase exposure of ecnl and more top players from clubs taking notice and moving the gap should widen. We have been with a ecnl club since day one and the rosters are increasing with talent, especially in Orlando. There is also talk of adding 2 more ecnl clubs in FL and my guess would be Tampa area and S. FL.
                    Sorry to get off point from the topic but wanted to respond. Maybe a good idea to start a "All ECNL"~boys thread because of all the interest and comments. By the way your comments are very well thought out.
                    ECNL is probably the best chance to provide consistent opportunity to boys across state at higher end of comp spectrum. The biggest obstacle now is the fragmented club structure at below the DA level. Just throwing rough numbers out; but to accomplish would require 2 teams in Dade, 2 in Broward, 2 in Palm Beach, 1 in Brevard, 1 in Volusia, 2 in Jacksonville, 3 in Orlando, 3 in Tampa-St Pete, 1 in Sarasota/Bradenton, 1 in Ft. Myers/Naples, 1 in Lakeland, 1 in Gainesville, 1 in Tallahassee, 1 in Pensacola. This would provide incentive for the best players in each area at older ages to unify at the club awarded ECNL. The smaller metros mentioned on my list would be at a population base disadvantage, but would probably have a higher player capture rate than the bigger markets. When I mention there are currently non-ECNL teams competitive with ECNL teams (which some ECNL parents find offensive) it is important to consider how many geographic areas are not yet represented. If some of the smaller markets prove they can't compete with their ECNL teams over time, simply demote them to NPL league or let them move on to something else. My son's U16 team is a successful upper division FSPL team at a small club in a small market. Most but not all of the best players in our area have over course of several years made there way to this team. This is currently how it works. In some age groups most of the best players eventually find their way to one team, sometimes they don't. There is currently no structure to steer the better players to unified teams. Just a bunch of local clubs competing against each other for the same players. The competing clubs seem to hate each other. There is no cooperation or unity for the benefit of the communities youth. ECNL would almost certainly provide that unity. The remaining clubs would still serve valuable purpose of providing locally for rec, younger ages of comp, and lower tiers of comp. My son will be done, but hopefully over a few years it builds to something like this. I would love to see it for the next generation of players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X