Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Washington Premier FC

I am looking for some feedback on LWPFC based in Redmond.
    Does anyone have kids playing for this club? Looking for feedback on coaches, focus on player development etc.

Lwpfc

The club was originally started by a wealthy guy as a home for his daughters rec team when none of the local clubs would let him bring the whole team over. They have just a few independent teams (missing a lot of age groups) and are not allowed to play in the top (RCL) league in the state. They never publish the bio's of anyone over there, lots of turn over and you can't find out who the coaches are unless you show up for tryouts. We made that mistake on our kids coach up and quit in the middle of the season. Stay away. There are a lot better and more transparent options in the area.

If you are in Redmond. Do you child a favor and have them try out for Crossfire Premier or Select tons of good coaches, multiple mutiple teams at every age and between the two clubs you should be able to pick the right amount of cost and commitment for your family. If you live on the Plateu both Issaquah clubs can be good options as well.

Good luck!

Comment

Lwpfc

We aren't with this league, but have friends who are. The G05 team is coached by excellent coaches, who also coached their indoor, go to separate training events, are are very involved. I would say excellent development. They have struggled to gain momentum, so their rosters have a broad array of talent, from A-C. This makes them struggle in league play. They don't play in the RCL, but the PPSL, and you can find coach names and contact information there. http://psplsoccer.com/_element_displ...D1550099923709

I would say it's a good choice if you want personal attention from the coach, more reasonable pricing, and don't want to get lost in a big club. That said if your player wants to play at the top in elite competition, they probably aren't the best choice.

Comment

Lwpfc

Thank you both for your input.

We are currently with Crossfire and have not had a good year in terms of the coach. Our team has not made any growth this year. The coach is only focused on winning ( I do understand that is important too) but there has been no focus on individual development.
        The coach has 3 teams and we are constantly bypassed for the other two teams who are one level higher than us.
        It would be great to have backup options if it’s the same coach again.

Comment

Lwpfc

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

We are currently with Crossfire and have not had a good year in terms of the coach. Our team has not made any growth this year. The coach is only focused on winning ( I do understand that is important too) but there has been no focus on individual development.
          The coach has 3 teams and we are constantly bypassed for the other two teams who are one level higher than us.
          I think a good strategy would be to reach out now, and have your child train with them a couple of sessions. All the clubs around here are open to checking out your child a practice or two, and if it works out, you may even receive an offer now. One thing I've learned is to know where you want to be ahead of tryouts so you aren't caught blindsided.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

In addition to the other recommendations, NSC has a pretty good program, in my opinion.
            Team growth and individual development in an environment where the Boys and Girls fall more and more in love with the sport.
            They also produce on the pitch with competitive teams that yield some pretty good results. They play in the NPSL with some teams playing league and tournaments year round.
            Best of luck, it should be fun.

Comment

Not knowing the age or gender makes it a little harder, but if you're really looking at individual development and your player is under 13, I'd recommend getting them into Coerver, or private training with Beast Mode.

As others have mentioned, the top Crossfire Select and NSC teams are good options. They're competitive with the big premier club B teams and the smaller premier A teams, are coached well, and the travel is way less (no games in E WA).

Comment

Hello - curious if anyone has any updates on the Lake Washington Premier Football Club (LWPFC). Have people had good / bad experiences? My daughter is a high school player in ECNL R (B team in Premier Crossfire). The team has gotten crowded and playing time more sparse so we are considering a move to Lake Washington Premier.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                  Hello - curious if anyone has any updates on the Lake Washington Premier Football Club (LWPFC). Have people had good / bad experiences? My daughter is a high school player in ECNL R (B team in Premier Crossfire). The team has gotten crowded and playing time more sparse so we are considering a move to Lake Washington Premier.
                  It all depends on your age group and the needs/wants of your child. Every coach at LWPFC is different, do what suits your kid best. However if they want to advance in and play HS ball at a decent level perhaps stick it out depending on the time left.

Comment

This club is the king of poaching teams, they run out of players as the teams get older because they can't attract or develop players so their teams often fold on the girls side. They poached a G08 from xf premier several years ago, and then it folded when all the players left after the lies didn't pan out. They didn't have an G08 team for several years, then lake washington youth soccer kicked out a coach for being suspended twice for verbal player abuse, among other accusations. Lake Washington premier hired him right away in an attempt to get his players. They got about half the team making wild promises that they would be playing ECNL level only to get destroyed by a year younger 09 ECNL team both times they played them like 13-0 (mind you making these promises to kids coming from a select team).

On their G05 team they had a player that had been with the club since she was 8 years old. They cut her AFTER tryouts after she'd accepted her spot so they could poach a kid off crossfires 2nd team. So now this kid who is a senior can't finish out playing with her team and had to scramble to find somewhere to play. They basically didn't have enough kids for their 05/06 team until they poached 5-6 from XF B team with wild promises of all the college scholarships they would be offered. The club is crazy and will tell any parent everything they want to hear to get your player there. Some of the most toxic parents from XF G06 went to their 06/07 team. Like one guy thinks it's part of the game to harass the ref and brags about getting kicked out off games, he also yells at other players on the team and has zero clue about soccer so usually yelling at them for no reason.

I would steer well clear of this club and all the honey they are pouring in your ears.The guy that runs it is so hyper focused on poaching players to win rather than developing. We have had a lot of kids come to our team after playing for them and none of them have enjoyed the experience.

I would never move a female player to LWPFC

Comment

this couldn't be further from the truth. My DD has found an amazing home on the G05/06 team. The girls work hard and the coaches are the most dedicated I have EVER seen. And we've seen a lot. It's a nice group of parents, and the lack of sideline toxicity is very refreshing.

I have no idea what crap you're peddling. Shame on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                        Their G08 team which they promoted as being super league level (but didn't get placed in super league) is the former Crossfire select A team plus a couple select B team players, going from RECNL at XF to that team would be a huge demotion in playing skill and level and isn't going to help your player. Your player would get more minutes, but probably get frustrated with their teammates. The players that didn't leave crossfire select for LWPFC all went to the XF G08 RCL 1 team.

Can your player pick up some extra practices or private trainings to focus on where they are weak to earn more minutes on the team they are on? That's the lesson you want to teach them. If they aren't interested in moving up or improving or playing in college than LWPFC would probably be fun as they'd be the star of the team. If they are desperate to move teams and want to continue improving than I would look at a move to one of the weaker RECNL teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X