Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reign FC moving to Tacoma. What happens to Reign Academy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reign has NEVER poached players!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I knew Reign was in big trouble when they started to poach players
    mid-season this year. Very bad form, but perhaps things to come
    with so many ECNL teams looking for good players.

On the flip side, maybe the DOCs and BoDs will have to step
    up their game to attract and to keep good players, instead of
    keeping rosters of 23+, not let kids travel and general
    d0uchebaggery. Hmm I wonder which club could CROSS my mind.
    Once again, more lies. Where do these idiotic comments come from? When a player is looking for an opportunity for a more supportive environment, more play time, during what is a critical recruiting time for players and THEY seek a transfer to fulfill these goals - I don’t see how this is poaching? Get a life people. How about we all start supporting players in finding their best fit to fulfill their soccer goals? Oh and by the way two players that left Crossfire to play for Reign are now committed to schools in the ACC and Big10. But I guess they could have stayed on the bench at Crossfire!

Is Reign expensive? Yes. But as the saying goes ..... you get what you pay for.

Comment

Where do these idiotic comments come from?
      It's almost as if the anonymous nature of this forum allows for people to post utter nonsense, or act like schoolyard bullies...

Comment

How expensive? And since I am asking, I cant afford it. Heard rumors it is 10K plus but really dont know.

Also if you can afford to pay 10K a year, how much scholarship do you really need help with for college. I am not talking about the Unicorns but from player 5 on down.

Comment

Once again, more lies. Where do these idiotic comments come from? When a player is looking for an opportunity for a more supportive environment, more play time, during what is a critical recruiting time for players and THEY seek a transfer to fulfill these goals - I don’t see how this is poaching? Get a life people. How about we all start supporting players in finding their best fit to fulfill their soccer goals? Oh and by the way two players that left Crossfire to play for Reign are now committed to schools in the ACC and Big10. But I guess they could have stayed on the bench at Crossfire!

When you get flak, you know you are flying over the target.
          Ok, how about the 3 mid-season "transfers" to one age group?
          How would you feel if you had 3 more mouths to feed minutes and
          playtime? How about the girls who kept their commitments, but
          now have to suck it up because three outsiders wussed out?
          How about the promises to keep the roster small? Who is the liar?
          I know the end justifies the means.

Me. Me. Me. Me. Me.
          Remember the rule about not practicing with outside clubs during
          your season? Oh, that's right. You are DA and there are no rules.
          Reign had open practices, which players and parents knew they should
          have not gone to without permission.

So, two clubs at least had to send out emails that you are not
          allowed to practice with outside clubs or they will ask your kid
          to leave. Unspoken rule, now codified as a hard rule, due to
          poaching by Reign. For what? Your league is dead in Washington.
          Now, your kid is blackballed from the old club.

If you actually read what I wrote, I said that the Reign is very
          bad form because now opens the flood gates of poaching
          and players leaving mid-season from their commitments.
          Maybe, this is how it is going to be with so many "elite" clubs.
          Cavalier and mercenary attitudes instead of teamwork and commitments.
          So, what's the point of soccer now?

Comment

Me. Me. Me. Me. Me.

The Reign don't care about their current players. It is try to win at all cost.

Comment

So now that NYCFC has pulled their girls out of GDA and partnered with an ECNL club, pretty much saying the GDA is not the right choice for girls as their reason for leaving, what does Reign do?

Comment

Me. Me. Me. Me. Me.

What will the Reign do when the NWSL folds? It is not looking so good right now.

Comment

Huh???

I would love to know how you know that - “Reign don’t care about their current players. It is try to win at all cost.” Please post evidence to back up this statement. And save us all the eye roll and don’t say they poach players. By the way, players move from club to club mid season EVERY year. Eastside to Crossfire, Crossfire to Seattle United, Seattle United to WPFC. And you can bet the farm that Crossfire would take any one of Reign’s talented players as a mid season transfer TODAY but strangely no one on Reign wants to leave. Hmmmm?

Comment

?.?.?.?

What will the Reign do when the NWSL folds? It is not looking so good right now.
                    Why do you think the NWSL is going to fold?

Comment

So now that NYCFC has pulled their girls out of GDA and partnered with an ECNL club, pretty much saying the GDA is not the right choice for girls as their reason for leaving, what does Reign do?
                      Why would NYCFC joining ECNL have any impact on Reign?

Comment

Why would NYCFC joining ECNL have any impact on Reign?
                        MLS clubs are moving towards a mass exit from the BDA. This is just the NYCFC franchise tidying up the girls side in advance. They see the writing on the wall for GDA

Comment

How do you not see the writing on the wall for reign da and da across the nation? The Da has lost over half the clubs on the girls side so far in the last 12 months and more to come. There has been a huge push by parents, players, and girls to move back to ecnl so the kids can have some resemblance of a high school social life, play high school soccer, and not be out of town all the time for league play. Reign has constantly tried to poach players. Crossifre Da has been guilty of this as well in some aspect. The coaches always trying to bring in the new best shiny toy instead of developing the players and team they have.
                          Unless reign finds another sucker club to partner with, the program will be dead within the next 24 months. With all the options of ecnl now round here I bet 85% of the parents and players would rather be in ecnl going forward. Ecnl equals more family time, social life, high school soccer, less expensive, and no stupid substitution rules. Girls can practice all they want but what they need is game time the most to improve within a game.
                          Keep your head in the sand if you like, you and your kid will be left in the dark shortly when reign turns off the lights.

Comment

Me. Me. Me. Me. Me.

"Commitment"? "Poaching"?
                            Will try my best to respond with what most will agree are facts first and then will end with editorial comments...

Facts:

Commitment: Seattle United and Eastside both committed to a "long term relationship" with Reign Academy as their development pathway, promoted this on their websites, directed their best players to join Reign. Two years ago, Mr McAllister (Director of Seattle United) even made an appearance at Eastside's yearly fundraiser to promote the relationship. 6 months later, Seattle United pulls out of their commitment with Reign. 18 months later Eastside pulls out of their commitment with Reign.

Monopoly: For a decade, Crossfire worked behind the scenes to keep other clubs in the Seattle area from joining ECNL. In order for the best players to optimize their chances at national recruiting opportunities, players moved from their respective clubs to Crossfire. Now with added competition for the best players (more clubs in ECNL and a DA program), we see Crossfire sending out letters threatening expulsion if a Crossfire player is found to be evaluating another club.

Collusion: For years, all of the big clubs in the area have announced tryouts on the same day in the Spring for each age group - a cattle call of hundreds of kids. Parents/players are asked to choose at that time which club they want to tryout for and after a 2 hour session mixed in with a hundred other players, decisions are made about the player's future by a few coaches that may or may not know the player (A team, B team, C team , D team, no team). Parents/Players are then asked to pay thousands of dollars and make a "commitment" to the team for a year without having the opportunity to be evaluate other clubs/opportunities.

Editorial comments:
                            - A refreshing change? What if a club announced monthly discovery sessions and allowed players/parents to come out and meet the coaches, watch some practices and games, participate in the training environment and make a decision as to whether this is the right fit for the player/parents? This is what Reign is doing. Committed coaches, technical soccer, players improving... If you like the product, then come join. If you don't like the product, then don't join! Reign plays Crossfire again the first week in May - final meeting. Come out and see for yourselves...
                            -If a club has confidence in the product they are providing, why would they be sending out letters threatening expulsion? There is a dire need by the big clubs in Seattle area to maintain the status quo. This is big business. As long as the business model favors the clubs calling the shots and not the parents/players, the clubs are happy.
                            -Player "commitment" to their respective clubs and "poaching" of players are words used by clubs trying to hang on to what they have got.
                            -You asked what has soccer become? It is big business with parents and kids stuck in the middle.

Comment

comedy 101

How do you not see the writing on the wall for reign da and da across the nation? The Da has lost over half the clubs on the girls side so far in the last 12 months and more to come. There has been a huge push by parents, players, and girls to move back to ecnl so the kids can have some resemblance of a high school social life, play high school soccer, and not be out of town all the time for league play. Reign has constantly tried to poach players. Crossifre Da has been guilty of this as well in some aspect. The coaches always trying to bring in the new best shiny toy instead of developing the players and team they have.
                              Unless reign finds another sucker club to partner with, the program will be dead within the next 24 months. With all the options of ecnl now round here I bet 85% of the parents and players would rather be in ecnl going forward. Ecnl equals more family time, social life, high school soccer, less expensive, and no stupid substitution rules. Girls can practice all they want but what they need is game time the most to improve within a game.
                              Keep your head in the sand if you like, you and your kid will be left in the dark shortly when reign turns off the lights.
                              You are so funny! I love getting a comedy show with my morning cup of Joe! Cheers 🍻 - keep it comin’!!

Comment

"Commitment"? "Poaching"?
                                Will try my best to respond with what most will agree are facts first and then will end with editorial comments...

Facts:

Commitment: Seattle United and Eastside both committed to a "long term relationship" with Reign Academy as their development pathway, promoted this on their websites, directed their best players to join Reign. Two years ago, Mr McAllister (Director of Seattle United) even made an appearance at Eastside's yearly fundraiser to promote the relationship. 6 months later, Seattle United pulls out of their commitment with Reign. 18 months later Eastside pulls out of their commitment with Reign.

Monopoly: For a decade, Crossfire worked behind the scenes to keep other clubs in the Seattle area from joining ECNL. In order for the best players to optimize their chances at national recruiting opportunities, players moved from their respective clubs to Crossfire. Now with added competition for the best players (more clubs in ECNL and a DA program), we see Crossfire sending out letters threatening expulsion if a Crossfire player is found to be evaluating another club.

Collusion: For years, all of the big clubs in the area have announced tryouts on the same day in the Spring for each age group - a cattle call of hundreds of kids. Parents/players are asked to choose at that time which club they want to tryout for and after a 2 hour session mixed in with a hundred other players, decisions are made about the player's future by a few coaches that may or may not know the player (A team, B team, C team , D team, no team). Parents/Players are then asked to pay thousands of dollars and make a "commitment" to the team for a year without having the opportunity to be evaluate other clubs/opportunities.

Editorial comments:
                                - A refreshing change? What if a club announced monthly discovery sessions and allowed players/parents to come out and meet the coaches, watch some practices and games, participate in the training environment and make a decision as to whether this is the right fit for the player/parents? This is what Reign is doing. Committed coaches, technical soccer, players improving... If you like the product, then come join. If you don't like the product, then don't join! Reign plays Crossfire again the first week in May - final meeting. Come out and see for yourselves...
                                -If a club has confidence in the product they are providing, why would they be sending out letters threatening expulsion? There is a dire need by the big clubs in Seattle area to maintain the status quo. This is big business. As long as the business model favors the clubs calling the shots and not the parents/players, the clubs are happy.
                                -Player "commitment" to their respective clubs and "poaching" of players are words used by clubs trying to hang on to what they have got.
                                -You asked what has soccer become? It is big business with parents and kids stuck in the middle.
                                💥💥 THIS is the BEST post on this forum. Agree 100%. Thank you. 💥💥

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X