Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RDS Revs

If your child "makes" RDS training with the revs, is this much of an accomplishment or do they hold tryouts to justify the $300 cost?

RDS is daycare so parents can shop at Patriot's Place.

Comment

Don't expect your little one to emerge from RDS with anything other than a t-shirt.

Comment

I think the responses here are too negative. Sure, it's part of the business to sell families on training with the Revs, and yes, the training is not what you would get at Real Madrid, but if you want your child to get some winter work, sweat a little and stay sharp, it is not a bad option.

For the person who called it daycare, I wonder what you would recommend as a better option?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I think the responses here are too negative. Sure, it's part of the business to sell families on training with the Revs, and yes, the training is not what you would get at Real Madrid, but if you want your child to get some winter work, sweat a little and stay sharp, it is not a bad option.

For the person who called it daycare, I wonder what you would recommend as a better option?
          Agree , You get a shirt , two tickets for Revs game and opportunity to meet the first team players . If it wasn't good you wouldn't see all the NEFC , Valeo and GPS kids at their training.

Worth the money!

Comment

Agree , You get a shirt , two tickets for Revs game and opportunity to meet the first team players . If it wasn't good you wouldn't see all the NEFC , Valeo and GPS kids at their training.

Worth the money!
            All those NEFC, Valeo and GPS kids are there because the parents think it's a ticket to the Revs Academy.

When you get a chance ask the RDS coaches about the drug use among the Academy players.

Comment

If you live in Walpole, Sharon, Norfolk or Foxboro it's a super duper option.

If you live more than 15 minutes away with no traffic you'll spend 60+ minutes getting there during rush hour for RDS.

Take the $600 you'll blow on 2 Winter sessions and join a gym near your house.

Comment

Be careful of throwing the entire Revs Academy under the bus because there are a few kids that might have used illegal drugs. If you are claiming there is a rampant drug issue, you need to have proof. Ever heard of libel?

Comment

Be careful of throwing the entire Revs Academy under the bus because there are a few kids that might have used illegal drugs. If you are claiming there is a rampant drug issue, you need to have proof. Ever heard of libel?
                  Rampant? Only one person used that name.

Comment

There are 100 posts about this in the Revs Academy Needs To Make Some Changes thread.

Comment

That was my experience exactly from about 2-3 years back. We had about a 30-45 minute drive depending on weather. It filled a seasonal gap with my 2 kids club. They weren't the best (or worst) players there and therefore got something out of it. (Unlike the best and worst players, for whom it probably WAS a waste of time.)

Comment

You also need to prove that the comment was false and caused damage for it be libel. I'm no lawyer, but I don't think you have a case.

Comment

You also need to prove that the comment was false and caused damage for it be libel. I'm no lawyer, but I don't think you have a case.
                          Rampant - would also be very hard to prove as false. Essentially, someone would have to name an innocent player, then have something damaging occur to that innocent player as a direct result of a particular post naming him for it to be libel regarding the player. For the club they'd have to prove that the drug use didn't happen, and that that one post caused some sort of damage to the Revs. Again, I'm no lawyer, but I think it's a giant stretch to prove libel there.

Comment

Rampant - would also be very hard to prove as false. Essentially, someone would have to name an innocent player, then have something damaging occur to that innocent player as a direct result of a particular post naming him for it to be libel regarding the player. For the club they'd have to prove that the drug use didn't happen, and that that one post caused some sort of damage to the Revs. Again, I'm no lawyer, but I think it's a giant stretch to prove libel there.
                            In the other Revs thread they actually named a couple players and essentially outed other players with thinky veiled references.

Comment

Back to the OP question. Yes, RDS is a great training product. Anyone who says it is not, is silly.

These training sessions are function... time (incl. drive time) + money invested < coaching talent + quality of other participants...

If your drive is less than 30 minutes, it is worth $299

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X