Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation: NYCFC out

As of last night, BOTN, another Soccer board with strong ties to NY soccer was reporting they had confirmation that NYCFC was out of the GDA effective Fall 2019. Next few weeks should get interesting.

I am sure the brilliant soccer minds at NYSC think this is good for them

Comment

It will also be interesting to see what (if anything) comces out of the ECNL national meeting.

GDA was always too big and badly needs to shrink to tighten up quality. Problem is you want the Empires, Albertsons and LISC's of the league out, not NYCFC. I know their reasons are different than say NEFC possibly leaving, but it's still a blow to the league

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I am sure the brilliant soccer minds at NYSC think this is good for them
        They see the potential $$$$$$$ and they couldn't be more thrilled!

Comment

They see the potential $$$$$$$ and they couldn't be more thrilled!
          They'd be very happy to pick up some better players. They have plenty that shouldn't be there. Problem is, what happens to the NE region? It already is bad. If NEFC bails out too I'm not sure the region can make it.

Comment

They'd be very happy to pick up some better players. They have plenty that shouldn't be there. Problem is, what happens to the NE region? It already is bad. If NEFC bails out too I'm not sure the region can make it.
            As long as kids are willing to sign up and play, they will make it.

Comment

As long as kids are willing to sign up and play, they will make it.
              If college coaches continue to treat NE GDA like an NPL league people wont pay.

Comment

The NPL is still in business and the gda will be as well. They need to rustle up a dozen well off field players and a goalie or two away they go.

Comment

Can you blame them if the NE region looks more like NPL?

Comment

The NPL is still in business and the gda will be as well. They need to rustle up a dozen well off field players and a goalie or two away they go.
                    Most from GDA must now be sick of the rhetoric with no substance, and sick of changing clubs ..... no one from ECNL will touch this now. On the bright side, all of the freshmen and sophs that don't make varsity or JV will need an A team to be on this Fall, so if the new team holds tryouts after September 1st, they should gets lots of special U15 and U16 players. GDA has always been so selective for players and clubs ... i guess it is what makes that league so special.

Comment

Can you blame them if the NE region looks more like NPL?
                      The whole lot of it was NPL two years ago with one or two decent teams ..... did you really think a patch was going to make a difference??

Comment

Most from GDA must now be sick of the rhetoric with no substance, and sick of changing clubs ..... no one from ECNL will touch this now. On the bright side, all of the freshmen and sophs that don't make varsity or JV will need an A team to be on this Fall, so if the new team holds tryouts after September 1st, they should gets lots of special U15 and U16 players. GDA has always been so selective for players and clubs ... i guess it is what makes that league so special.
                        Please. Ecnl is nothing amazing either. The whole thing is exposed as a business targeting soccer loving kids and their parents. That is what it is. Nothing that wrong with it but there are no good guys and bad guys here. Just enjoy playing and never believe any of the crap.

Comment

As of last night, BOTN, another Soccer board with strong ties to NY soccer was reporting they had confirmation that NYCFC was out of the GDA effective Fall 2019. Next few weeks should get interesting.
                          if this is true and NEFC is out also. OW is screwed! are the ygoing to try and get into ECNL now? or go back to a second tier NPL league.

Comment

The whole lot of it was NPL two years ago with one or two decent teams ..... did you really think a patch was going to make a difference??
                            Very true. The writing was on the wall when you saw what clubs were signing up. The departure of ten or so good national clubs last year was faster than even I expected but was definitely not a good sign. Even the top CA club left - the one region where DA is "working." When they're filling gaps with Seacoast and allowing in Alby, one of the worst clubs in ECNL in? My kid was asked to tryout for a GDA club and we took a hard pass (very happy where we were + no HS was a nonstarter). Glad we did but I keep an eye on developments in case her younger sibling might want it.

I do feel for the families trying to figure out what to do or what may happen next. It has to be very stressful.

Comment

if this is true and NEFC is out also. OW is screwed! are the ygoing to try and get into ECNL now? or go back to a second tier NPL league.
                              If ECNL starts a ECNL 2 league (rebranded NPL) they could possibly join that (supposedly if it happens it wouldn't be exclusive to current ECNL clubs only). OW was club that really had no good choices left any longer so they joined and hoped it would work out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X