Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revolution Regional Development School (RDS)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revolution Regional Development School (RDS)

Revolution run their Regional Development School at Foxboro. Can anyone enlighten me on the different levels they have available within RDS?

I know they have 'Elite Boys' which seems to be their lowest level, and 'Professional Edge' which I *think* is for players a step below Academy level. Do they have other levels in between?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Revolution run their Regional Development School at Foxboro. Can anyone enlighten me on the different levels they have available within RDS?

I know they have 'Elite Boys' which seems to be their lowest level, and 'Professional Edge' which I *think* is for players a step below Academy level. Do they have other levels in between?
    No. It’s Bobby kraft making money don’t waste yours.

Comment

I'm not looking to give the Revs any money for this, just need to understand how they have it set up.

Comment

I'm not looking to give the Revs any money for this, just need to understand how they have it set up.
        If they don't invite you to free training it means you're paying for others to train for free.

Comment

If they don't invite you to free training it means you're paying for others to train for free.
          Yeah. My son was at the top level of RDS, and we were paying. He did well, but never got any invite. In fact, for the year we did it, only one kid made it to the Revs. It was obvious who they preferred. That kid lasted only 1 season at DA.

Comment

if you don't pay, you cannot play or join. Also, Elite does not equal elite. It mean someone paid and they get a shirt that says RDS. I am not being an ass but if you are serious "don't believe the hype". You want good training.... search elsewhere.

Comment

All MLS clubs run RDS to help pay the expenses of BDA programs. I can't fault them for that given even the cheapskate Revs spend $1.5M and other clubs spend much, much more. If you're looking for some extra decent training and don't have other good options then do it for that. Never do it expecting your kid will get discovered. And if your kid is good enough to get an offer, check out your other options as well before accepting. There's a reason there's a very long thread on the Revs.

Comment

I completely get that RDS is a commercial money maker for the Revs, but my question is within RDS are there different levels, or simply different age groupings?

Comment

I completely get that RDS is a commercial money maker for the Revs, but my question is within RDS are there different levels, or simply different age groupings?
                  Other than the invite only trainings, there are no different levels to sign up for. Within a session, the players are usually split into groups by skill level. Overall skill level is hit or miss. That is true of any open training. I think that it is a decent option, other than driving to Foxboro.

Comment

Other than the invite only trainings, there are no different levels to sign up for. Within a session, the players are usually split into groups by skill level. Overall skill level is hit or miss. That is true of any open training. I think that it is a decent option, other than driving to Foxboro.
                    That's the genius of RDS. They take your money and by the second class of your session your kid is either grouped with the haves, or the have nots. Your money is already gone. There isn't much transition from the have nots to the haves. Oh well, thanks for funding our DA Mr. Have Not.

Comment

That's the genius of RDS. They take your money and by the second class of your session your kid is either grouped with the haves, or the have nots. Your money is already gone. There isn't much transition from the have nots to the haves. Oh well, thanks for funding our DA Mr. Have Not.
                      I fell in to the RDS trap with my kid for a few sessions....got the invite to Foxborough...paid the money, did the long ride down 128 and sat there while coaches mostly talked to themselves. My kid got nothing out of it but a nice T-shirt that no longer fits him. A Revs coach was at the state cup watching him play last summer...we had a good laugh about that.

Comment

The levels that I know of are RDS, RDS Invitational, and RTC (also invite only).
                        Have to pay for the first 2, RTC is free.
                        Wide variety of skill level in the regular RDS, making it boring for advanced players.
                        Invitationals provide good supplemental training.
                        RTC seems to be more of a tryout for their academy team.

Comment

The levels that I know of are RDS, RDS Invitational, and RTC (also invite only).
                          Have to pay for the first 2, RTC is free.
                          Wide variety of skill level in the regular RDS, making it boring for advanced players.
                          Invitationals provide good supplemental training.
                          RTC seems to be more of a tryout for their academy team.
                          Thank you. Do you know when the Invitational and RTC sessions run or are they ad-hoc?

Comment

Thank you. Do you know when the Invitational and RTC sessions run or are they ad-hoc?
                            RTC are on a need to know basis.

Comment

RDS invitationals run on a similar schedule to regular RDS, but aren't listed on the website. To get an invite, you need to attend a tryout or regular RDS to be evaluated. Kid hasn't been invited to the RTC so I can't speak to that.

FWIW, we do this as supplemental training to his club team... different players, different coaches, different focus in training, though technique and speed of play are always emphasized. Maybe if we were already DA, we might be more inclined to look to be identified for the Academy, but kid isn't quite there yet. Still some holes in his game... hence the supplemental training.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X