Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes, sorry, meant for next year, and there must be some whispers about it...
    I'm not an 03 parent, so have not heard any 03 whispers. But if you assume that the ECNL team will be made up of players coming from NYCFC DA team, you could probably draw that conclusion that Kaz would want to take the 03 ECNL team. And that raises the question regarding what happens to the current 03 ECNL and NPL teams (eg. would current 03 ECNL players want to go to the ECNL RL team?)

Comment

I'm not an 03 parent, so have not heard any 03 whispers. But if you assume that the ECNL team will be made up of players coming from NYCFC DA team, you could probably draw that conclusion that Kaz would want to take the 03 ECNL team. And that raises the question regarding what happens to the current 03 ECNL and NPL teams (eg. would current 03 ECNL players want to go to the ECNL RL team?)
      Sitting by, eating popcorn, watching SOME of the current ECNL parents trashing GDA now worried their campaign is going to cost them a roster spot.

Comment

Not any longer, not sure if he was fired or if he left. He announced he is at STA now as the DOC
        When was that? He is still listed as Girls DOC on the NJ Stallions website and is not listed on the STA website anywhere. He was quoted in an article on SoccerWire last month as the DOC for NJ Stallions.

Comment

Sitting by, eating popcorn, watching SOME of the current ECNL parents trashing GDA now worried their campaign is going to cost them a roster spot.
          100% true, ah how the mighty have fallen....

Comment

When was that? He is still listed as Girls DOC on the NJ Stallions website and is not listed on the STA website anywhere. He was quoted in an article on SoccerWire last month as the DOC for NJ Stallions.
            IMO, only 4 current ECNL players will make that team, only because 4 current GDA players will not, same for the 04 team....

Comment

I thought the same thing, but check out the NJ board-STA GDA thread, they're all chatting about it. I can't believe that guy is still involved in youth soccer...he's horrendous

Comment

Email Blast was sent April 1st. It touts his accomplishments from the Stallions from players who are now seniors in college. It has been a long time since this guy has helped any players

Girls Director of Coaching

Supporting, Girls Academy Director Tim Verschuren will be Shaun Cryer, who joins the club from NJ Stallions as the new Girls Director of Coaching.

Shaun has a proven history of developing players and teams capable of competing at the very highest levels of the game, and comes to STA with one of the most enviable resumes in the youth soccer industry. 2 x USYS National League titles, 7 x State Cup champion, 3 x USYS National Championship appearances and the oversight of 45 NCAA Division I Women's commitments means the wealth of experiences and expertise he can share with our membership is significant.

Of this hire Tim Verschuren said, "We are pleased with the addition of Shaun to the STA Family and the wealth of experience and track record he brings to the club. We are looking forward for him to have a positive impact on our program, teams and players for years to come."

Comment

Supposedly 3 Florida GDA clubs will be dropping after the Colorado Showcase that US Soccer will call “restructuring”. My buddy attended a meeting last night at his daughters club and he says it was apparent that it is lack of interest to play in the DA for girls down there

Comment

Email Blast was sent April 1st. It touts his accomplishments from the Stallions from players who are now seniors in college. It has been a long time since this guy has helped any players

Girls Director of Coaching

Supporting, Girls Academy Director Tim Verschuren will be Shaun Cryer, who joins the club from NJ Stallions as the new Girls Director of Coaching.

Shaun has a proven history of developing players and teams capable of competing at the very highest levels of the game, and comes to STA with one of the most enviable resumes in the youth soccer industry. 2 x USYS National League titles, 7 x State Cup champion, 3 x USYS National Championship appearances and the oversight of 45 NCAA Division I Women's commitments means the wealth of experiences and expertise he can share with our membership is significant.

Of this hire Tim Verschuren said, "We are pleased with the addition of Shaun to the STA Family and the wealth of experience and track record he brings to the club. We are looking forward for him to have a positive impact on our program, teams and players for years to come."
                    April 1? Hmmm...

Comment

April 1? Hmmm...
                      Lol, it would be a funny joke if that were an April Fool’s trick, however, if you go to the Stallions website, you will see he is no longer on staff. His wife is gone as well

Comment

Supposedly 3 Florida GDA clubs will be dropping after the Colorado Showcase that US Soccer will call “restructuring”. My buddy attended a meeting last night at his daughters club and he says it was apparent that it is lack of interest to play in the DA for girls down there
                        Da is not only in trouble on the girls side but in a few years the boys ECNL will overtake BDA as MLS clubs leave and boys will leave in bunches to play HS and other HS sports.

Comment

Coach Kaz will be the head coach of the 03 team with a yet to be named assistant. Sean will be moving to a younger age group. Fredy will have the 04’s
                          Are all the NYCFC girls planning on returning to ECNL next year?

Comment

Lol, it would be a funny joke if that were an April Fool’s trick, however, if you go to the Stallions website, you will see he is no longer on staff. His wife is gone as well
                            Yeah, I did look at the Stallions site. He's been removed from the Staff page, but is still listed as Girls DOC on the Front Office page. I'm assuming they forgot to take him off the Front Office page.

Comment

Coach Kaz will be the head coach of the 03 team with a yet to be named assistant. Sean will be moving to a younger age group. Fredy will have the 04’s
                              Any word on who will take the 02 or 01/02 composite teams?

Comment

Are all the NYCFC girls planning on returning to ECNL next year?
                                I believe most are. There may be some going to other DA clubs because they don’t want to play HS, and a few in specific positions such as GK’s maybe challenged by the ECNL players but for the most part they are staying. I think that the uncertainty of East Coast GDA has most saying let’s just see how this plays out and let’s stay with something that is working for our kids. No one wants to make the wrong move at a time when things are so shaky

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X