Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Probably not. OPFC is a Clackamas County thing.

I expect ADF players to be looking for greener pastures, as it dawns on them that their circus has only one ring.

What will be interesting is who gets the 05s on the U17 TA team. Not sure if any of them interest the Timbers. FC could be dangerous if they get RF, ZA, and GM back...
    Pretty sure the group will go to ECNL.

Comment

Just kids from Bend...par for th course.
      state cup champions

Comment

state cup champions
        Hopefully, it's more than just an anomaly.

Comment

Hopefully, it's more than just an anomaly.
          This age group is evenly matched. A lot of parity (in a good way) Not sure why anybody thinks the cast offs from TA will make any sort of difference as there really is no difference. Westside, Eugene, OPFC and Salem remain the top picks for State Cup 2023.

Comment

That club zero guy is all of sudden very quiet

Comment

Anyone else getting word from their kids of a mass movement to opfc at this age group after Alex (the coach next year) was so involved in the odp selections and them winning statecup? My son says rumors are swirling….

Comment

My son is a 2009 and there were numerous kids from other clubs who tried out last night. Several kids who tried out for ODP from other clubs and one kid who's on the ODP team

Comment

Anyone else getting word from their kids of a mass movement to opfc at this age group after Alex (the coach next year) was so involved in the odp selections and them winning statecup? My son says rumors are swirling….
                  Alex is the 06 ODP coach. Robin is the 05 ODP coach. If kids are looking to come to OPFC, it can only be because it is their last year and they just won State Cup. That team could use a few upgrades (bench being the major area) but they have played together forever.

Comment

Heard one or two names, nothing that would move the needle. And someone who honestly wouldn't be a good cultural fit.

But there's a good reason why ODP coaches, if they come from clubs, should not be coaching the same age group with ODP as they do for club. Whether OPFC is involved in any of these sorts of shenanigans I don't know, but USYS/OYSA needs to put a foot down.

(And of course, if the state champs are looking to raid other clubs... who is going to get demoted to the B team?)

Comment

With all the rebranding and name changing of clubs in the state/area recently we have another announcement to share with the community,
                      Club Zero, affectionally recognized as "0pfc" since inception years ago is also moving its unique and special brand forward with a fluid acronym that remains committed to clubs' strong history and presence in the Oregon Youth Soccer landscape.

So, without further ado we proudly introduce for 2022-22 our newest club name, -----"2PFC"------

Comment

Alex is the 06 ODP coach. Robin is the 05 ODP coach. If kids are looking to come to OPFC, it can only be because it is their last year and they just won State Cup. That team could use a few upgrades (bench being the major area) but they have played together forever.
                        And shots have been fired- I know some of those “bench players” beat us several times and are better than some starting but it’s obvious there are politics at play….and I know many of those parents and kids and have heard about the shenanigans for years which is why we have never considered it even though our son is friends with a lot of their players…

Comment

Didn’t updx have their Ecnl tryouts already? TA castoffs there? We

Comment

Stop. Team is fine and has great chemistry...oh, and they are State Champs.

Comment

Stop. Team is fine and has great chemistry...oh, and they are State Champs.
                              And you know that how? I would beg to differ, several of their parents (starters that have been there for years that you would not expect) have reached out to MB inquiring about spots and Ecnl- that leadership at opfc has no integrity does not develop soccer skills and will make the choice that drives the mighty dollar and acquiesces to their “golden children” that line their pockets with extra dough.

Comment

And you know that how? I would beg to differ, several of their parents (starters that have been there for years that you would not expect) have reached out to MB inquiring about spots and Ecnl- that leadership at opfc has no integrity does not develop soccer skills and will make the choice that drives the mighty dollar and acquiesces to their “golden children” that line their pockets with extra dough.
                                Assuming you're talking about uPDX's director, it's BM not MB. Wouldn't surprise me if a few of the "I just need more exposure!" kiddos were to think that bus rides to Everett and Spokane would increase their chances of getting recruited.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X