Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ^^This. Its a crab in a basket mentality. No one wants excellence.They all want mediocrity. Im not suggesting the GDA was/is excellence. It is far from it. Excellence really threatens everything the ECNL is. A volume league based on convincing as many kids as possible that they are elite
    Eh, to each his own. My kid plays GDA this year, but her club is going back to ECNL next year and so is she. The decline of quality in GDA competition is hitting fast and hard and it wasn't really that strong to begin with. Her training will be the same and the competition in ECNL will be stronger. Win/win for my kid!

Comment

The ynt do not drive this industry. The half dozen kids that can would choose gda for that reason are not enough to drive the ship.
      That only works for one year. Then all the players realize they will not in fact be playing on the national team and start to choose on somewhat more reasonable criteria. Both leagues can work fine but NT duty has little to do with it

Comment

The GDA wasn't about what is good for your daughter. It's about making it easier for the USSF to identify literally one or two players a year that would potentially help the National Team. That's it. If anything it's harmful to 99.9999% of the kids that play in it.

Comment

Is there anyone who is happy with the GDA clubs that were just added? I have been told that SSS parents are upset with this latest announcement. Apparently they were broadsided with the announcement and that players have already told their parents they are not giving up HS to play all year round.

SSS is not the kind of club where everyone lives and breathes soccer. They were very successful at the NPL level at one age group, and people are in shock that they would even consider this move. From what I have been told is that SSS has always been loyal to it's players and has never had the cut throat environment that most big clubs have. Whole teams are threatening to leave if this move takes place

Comment

Is there anyone who is happy with the GDA clubs that were just added? I have been told that SSS parents are upset with this latest announcement. Apparently they were broadsided with the announcement and that players have already told their parents they are not giving up HS to play all year round.

SSS is not the kind of club where everyone lives and breathes soccer. They were very successful at the NPL level at one age group, and people are in shock that they would even consider this move. From what I have been told is that SSS has always been loyal to it's players and has never had the cut throat environment that most big clubs have. Whole teams are threatening to leave if this move takes place
            SSS has a few NT players who did not chose GDA, which says plenty right there about what they thought of GDA vs the training they were getting at SSS. I don't know if they played for their HS teams but they probably did as did other NT players who didn't move to GDA. The bulk of SSS players are good but certainly nowhere near the same level. A good but not great club. Like other NPL clubs they're left out of ECNL and don't have many other options as NPL declines in quality. If NEFC bails out, as is rumored, then they may pick up some other players that want to stay in GDA. And, given the competition in the NE, they'd probably be fine. Adding them and really any others isn't an improvement beyond filling in geography/helping with travel

Comment

That only works for one year. Then all the players realize they will not in fact be playing on the national team and start to choose on somewhat more reasonable criteria. Both leagues can work fine but NT duty has little to do with it
              I love the way ECNL troll-turds bang this one out all the time, ugh. My daughter chose GDA because the training was far better with Kaz and Co., than the other WCFC coaches, and if you knew anything about it, you would agree. Making a NT camp, or the NT was always a much lower level concern. She is fortunate enough to be called to a NT camp last year, and she was offered a full-ride to a top D1 school, is that a coincidence?

Comment

The GDA wasn't about what is good for your daughter. It's about making it easier for the USSF to identify literally one or two players a year that would potentially help the National Team. That's it. If anything it's harmful to 99.9999% of the kids that play in it.
                Harmful? How so?

Comment

I love the way ECNL troll-turds bang this one out all the time, ugh. My daughter chose GDA because the training was far better with Kaz and Co., than the other WCFC coaches, and if you knew anything about it, you would agree. Making a NT camp, or the NT was always a much lower level concern. She is fortunate enough to be called to a NT camp last year, and she was offered a full-ride to a top D1 school, is that a coincidence?
                  When the leagues use a story like that to sell themselves it is bs just like it was when ecnl did it. That story is about your excellent player and her instruction and not the league. It is so misleading for the majority of players that they would have such an outcome if they just put their player in this league or that league.

We are all used to soccer industry bull crap and see it for what it is. When posters try to dish up the same crap, it should be pointed out regardless of what league they are yammering on about.

Comment

SSS has a few NT players who did not chose GDA, which says plenty right there about what they thought of GDA vs the training they were getting at SSS. I don't know if they played for their HS teams but they probably did as did other NT players who didn't move to GDA. The bulk of SSS players are good but certainly nowhere near the same level. A good but not great club. Like other NPL clubs they're left out of ECNL and don't have many other options as NPL declines in quality. If NEFC bails out, as is rumored, then they may pick up some other players that want to stay in GDA. And, given the competition in the NE, they'd probably be fine. Adding them and really any others isn't an improvement beyond filling in geography/helping with travel
                    SSS has *the* YNT player (impact player who hasn't been left off the rosters since she entered the pool at 11) that didn't join GDA. Had USSF looked more closely at clubs like SSS from the get-go instead of just solely trying to stick it to ECNL, they may have had a leg to stand on in the integrity department.

Comment

SSS has *the* YNT player (impact player who hasn't been left off the rosters since she entered the pool at 11) that didn't join GDA. Had USSF looked more closely at clubs like SSS from the get-go instead of just solely trying to stick it to ECNL, they may have had a leg to stand on in the integrity department.
                      The midget of Massachusetts, that girl??

Comment

The midget of Massachusetts, that girl??
                        Thats the one! I have never seen her play but I love her for being awesome and not from gda or ecnl!!

Comment

Thats the one! I have never seen her play but I love her for being awesome and not from gda or ecnl!!
                          She is the one that kinda could restore faith that the system is not completely, hopelessly corrupt.

Comment

She is the one that kinda could restore faith that the system is not completely, hopelessly corrupt.
                            As Childish Gambino says, this is America, so its completely and hopelessly corrupt.

Comment

As Childish Gambino says, this is America, so its completely and hopelessly corrupt.
                              Ok. Yes.. mostly but then why have any kid at all not from gda. Is it one percent not corrupt?

Comment

Ok. Yes.. mostly but then why have any kid at all not from gda. Is it one percent not corrupt?
                                And you think she is not getting pressure from USSF?? IMO, they are taking SSS solely because of her, which is a lot of pressure for a young person.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X