Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree kids should be kept busy, but it should be at something productive. 4 days a week does not mean **** if the coaches don't know what they are doing. Hard to say what goes on at BU but the results on the field suggest they are spending 4 days a week wasting time.
    like everything in S florida no quality in ones work

Comment

I agree that US Soccer will never shut down a girls DA right now because they are too busy trying to expand, not shut down. I will bet anything they keep Boca SFFA Girls DA alive by just allowing the younger teams to play out of Rush which is exactly whats been announced at Rush already. That will give Boca another year or two of fielding older teams only. But obviously the writing is on the wall because if they don't have younger teams they won't have older teams as the younger teams age on. Boca SFFA is on their last leg and their history has been abysmal so the real question is what parent sends their kid to a rec level club when they are getting pounded every game and their teams look like the video thats been on here over and over. Boca SFFA is nothing more that a rec club and unless parents stop sending their kid there just to wear a DA patch its going to keep going on and on and on. Pay to play at its worst. 4 days a week or not, its rec level and its an embarrassment.

Comment

I agree that US Soccer will never shut down a girls DA right now because they are too busy trying to expand, not shut down. I will bet anything they keep Boca SFFA Girls DA alive by just allowing the younger teams to play out of Rush which is exactly whats been announced at Rush already. That will give Boca another year or two of fielding older teams only. But obviously the writing is on the wall because if they don't have younger teams they won't have older teams as the younger teams age on. Boca SFFA is on their last leg and their history has been abysmal so the real question is what parent sends their kid to a rec level club when they are getting pounded every game and their teams look like the video thats been on here over and over. Boca SFFA is nothing more that a rec club and unless parents stop sending their kid there just to wear a DA patch its going to keep going on and on and on. Pay to play at its worst. 4 days a week or not, its rec level and its an embarrassment.
        Definitely not a fan of BU. However, if they are rec level and beat Weston, what does that make Weston? Just saying...

Comment

Anymos cowards

Comment

Definitely not a fan of BU. However, if they are rec level and beat Weston, what does that make Weston? Just saying...
            That’s old news. Weston will far surpass Boca coming next year now that they have a new alliance with Sunrise, Davie, PB Gardens, West Pines, Plantation and more clubs to be announced. I hear they are days away from signing Team Boca to their alliance also and that will definitely make the end of Boca United. Weston already announced that they are paying for all player travel to out of state conference games and showcases next year so tell me who in their right mind will ever go to Boca instead of Weston. Boca is and always will be a rec club that wears a DA patch and gets humiliated. Next year will be even worse. I know people say this every year but I really can’t see any decent player staying at or going to Boca United next year at all.

Comment

That’s old news. Weston will far surpass Boca coming next year now that they have a new alliance with Sunrise, Davie, PB Gardens, West Pines, Plantation and more clubs to be announced. I hear they are days away from signing Team Boca to their alliance also and that will definitely make the end of Boca United. Weston already announced that they are paying for all player travel to out of state conference games and showcases next year so tell me who in their right mind will ever go to Boca instead of Weston. Boca is and always will be a rec club that wears a DA patch and gets humiliated. Next year will be even worse. I know people say this every year but I really can’t see any decent player staying at or going to Boca United next year at all.
              Most girls will stay at Boca just for the convenience, driving a crazy amount of miles to get access to the same leagues and the limited college money is nuts

Giving up HS is one thing , keeping kids in a car for hours on end 4 days a week is just one way to get your kid to hate soccer

It’s girls soccer in south Florida , only the 4 guys on TS think it really matters

Comment

The reason Boca will still exist is because most all the players at Boca right now won't make the Weston teams next year. With Weston paying for travel Boca will end up with all the rec players who have daddy's who will foot the bill to have there little superstars play at a DA and Boca is the only DA in the country that they could make! Thats the whole problem, Boca United isn't a real DA so all the players who can't start at a regular club pay to go play at Boca united DA. Its a joke!

Comment

If what you say is true...team Boca in with Weston Alliance.

That’s legit. Blow to Prime, and another solid club into the Alliance. Double whammy. Would be surprised to see that happen.

Partially funded GDA is going to make a difference for some, I think.

Comment

If what you say is true...team Boca in with Weston Alliance.

That’s legit. Blow to Prime, and another solid club into the Alliance. Double whammy. Would be surprised to see that happen.

Partially funded GDA is going to make a difference for some, I think.
                    All of these Alliance clubs will face the harsh reality that nobody will care about GDA soon. They already don’t care in South Florida and the stronger clubs across the country have already made it clear that ECNL is a better pathway. So they can all join together but they still won’t have ECNL which is what will lead the way.

Comment

This is all so stupid. Boca United sucks. Weston cannot field a competitive team without the help of 47 sister clubs. Just go ECNL or Sunrise (real team, one that coaches actually watch) until high school and grade year issues are resolved.

Comment

All of these Alliance clubs will face the harsh reality that nobody will care about GDA soon. They already don’t care in South Florida and the stronger clubs across the country have already made it clear that ECNL is a better pathway. So they can all join together but they still won’t have ECNL which is what will lead the way.
                        The real problem is that although ECNL may be a more popular pathway because of high school soccer south florida ecnl is bad and FC Prime isn't a good option. They don't compete, have no real staff, and is led by a vagabond. If Weston actually pays for travel to conference games and showcases they will get the best players, case closed. Travel costs are ridiculous and nobody is going to keep paying 2-3,000 just for a registration fee to Prime. Thats crazy add on travel costs and its nuts. The best position is without a doubt being a Discovery Player so you can just go to what you want. Weston DA will take over next year just wait and see. Boca DA is terrible and will only be a place that wealthy parents send their rec level kids who want a DA patch. They won't get anyone recited and will get killed every game but the parents will still be happy. They are the joke of South Florida and should be eliminated.

Comment

So now back to Boca sucks but won’t lose da? 😂

Comment

The real problem is that although ECNL may be a more popular pathway because of high school soccer south florida ecnl is bad and FC Prime isn't a good option. They don't compete, have no real staff, and is led by a vagabond. If Weston actually pays for travel to conference games and showcases they will get the best players, case closed. Travel costs are ridiculous and nobody is going to keep paying 2-3,000 just for a registration fee to Prime. Thats crazy add on travel costs and its nuts. The best position is without a doubt being a Discovery Player so you can just go to what you want. Weston DA will take over next year just wait and see. Boca DA is terrible and will only be a place that wealthy parents send their rec level kids who want a DA patch. They won't get anyone recited and will get killed every game but the parents will still be happy. They are the joke of South Florida and should be eliminated.
                            This post has a lot of truth.

ECNL has HS soccer availability. That’s the main draw. It’s not a superior league. It’s not cheaper. It doesn’t have better coaching or training, as a matter of fact, there is significantly LESS coaching and training for MORE expense.

USSF miscalculated HS soccer’s importance to their average consumers. They were a little arrogant in the roll out, and it’s costing them cause they are losing market share to an Inferior product.

These alliances might be a viable solution to the HS problem for players that want HS soccer, but want it have access to the more frequent, arguably better training and organization of the GDA. Is it too late is the main question at this point.

Comment

This post has a lot of truth.

ECNL has HS soccer availability. That’s the main draw. It’s not a superior league. It’s not cheaper. It doesn’t have better coaching or training, as a matter of fact, there is significantly LESS coaching and training for MORE expense.

USSF miscalculated HS soccer’s importance to their average consumers. They were a little arrogant in the roll out, and it’s costing them cause they are losing market share to an Inferior product.

These alliances might be a viable solution to the HS problem for players that want HS soccer, but want it have access to the more frequent, arguably better training and organization of the GDA. Is it too late is the main question at this point.
                              Its definitely not too late if the likes of Sunrise, Weston, Pinecrest, West Pines and now possibly Team Boca were to all get together. Thats how its supposed to work in each area. Honestly If Weston Sunrise and Team Boca all got together that would seriously make an impact in south florida and would make it tough for ecnl to make it because kids could play for both their clubs and DA whereas at ECNL they can't other than two Discovery players per age group. If Boca united ceases and Weston puts that kind of partnership together I don't see how that Weston DA couldn't make a huge impact. But sticking to the topic there's no room for Boca united DA thats for sure. They are just a joke and cloud up the whole area's ability to get one real DA club affiliation that could actually compete with all the others. They couldn't get any real club in their area to affiliate with them because they are so poor. They had to go to Rush three hours away which doesn't help s fl at all. Thats a joke

Comment

Its definitely not too late if the likes of Sunrise, Weston, Pinecrest, West Pines and now possibly Team Boca were to all get together. Thats how its supposed to work in each area. Honestly If Weston Sunrise and Team Boca all got together that would seriously make an impact in south florida and would make it tough for ecnl to make it because kids could play for both their clubs and DA whereas at ECNL they can't other than two Discovery players per age group. If Boca united ceases and Weston puts that kind of partnership together I don't see how that Weston DA couldn't make a huge impact. But sticking to the topic there's no room for Boca united DA thats for sure. They are just a joke and cloud up the whole area's ability to get one real DA club affiliation that could actually compete with all the others. They couldn't get any real club in their area to affiliate with them because they are so poor. They had to go to Rush three hours away which doesn't help s fl at all. Thats a joke
                                I just heard that Boca United lost 05 and 06s for next year and will just have older teams as they graduate out and then Boca will not be a DA any longer. Rush talking it over gaining a team each year. Can someone from Boca confirm?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X