Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U20 s Same old girls fr the U17s

Same coach Mark Carr that should have been fired for the disgrace of the US Soccer in the U 17 World Cup. Now bringing the girls that played like rec into the U20 group. What in the world is US Soccer doing.. There are thousands of better players that could destroy the US team in the DA league and ECNL. They had their chance and failed, get rid of all of them. Nothing but a glorified REC team that people suck up too. And to look at Mark Carr OMG, US soccer cant find an American coach. I am sure that there is 4 to 500 coaches that can run the team way far better then Carr.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Same coach Mark Carr that should have been fired for the disgrace of the US Soccer in the U 17 World Cup. Now bringing the girls that played like rec into the U20 group. What in the world is US Soccer doing.. There are thousands of better players that could destroy the US team in the DA league and ECNL. They had their chance and failed, get rid of all of them. Nothing but a glorified REC team that people suck up too. And to look at Mark Carr OMG, US soccer cant find an American coach. I am sure that there is 4 to 500 coaches that can run the team way far better then Carr.
    Your position is a bit extreme.

That team didn’t fare well at all, agreed. Surprised they didn’t sack Carr after the WC.

“Thousands of better players”...lol, get real. I’m sure there are some players that should be on the roster that were left off. Im sure there are players that need to get looks in camp that aren’t. I’m sure some players get minutes that shouldn’t. Thousands of better players is a jok, though. If your using hyperbole to make a point, ok, sorry, I get it.

Comment

Your position is a bit extreme.

That team didn’t fare well at all, agreed. Surprised they didn’t sack Carr after the WC.

“Thousands of better players”...lol, get real. I’m sure there are some players that should be on the roster that were left off. Im sure there are players that need to get looks in camp that aren’t. I’m sure some players get minutes that shouldn’t. Thousands of better players is a jok, though. If your using hyperbole to make a point, ok, sorry, I get it.
      I am real! DA and ECNL have far better players then the US players on that team. Same girls for the last few years.That is the mistake US Soccer is making not looking at the DA and ECNL players WELL. They have failed, period. They did not preform to the task so CAN them and start over. We will see how they do in the next 3 friendlies. Also they are playing the 19s just to let you know. With Carr at the lead, we will see. Send him back to the hole he came from.

Comment

I am real! DA and ECNL have far better players then the US players on that team. Same girls for the last few years.That is the mistake US Soccer is making not looking at the DA and ECNL players WELL. They have failed, period. They did not preform to the task so CAN them and start over. We will see how they do in the next 3 friendlies. Also they are playing the 19s just to let you know. With Carr at the lead, we will see. Send him back to the hole he came from.
        Carr has had and kept the same group of girls for too many years. He didn’t give other girls a look and as girls developed and should have made the roster he wouldn’t give them a serious look. Some of the girls on the roster are good and deserve to be there but far too many are comfortable, feel safe and stopped developing as a player when they were 13-14. They got id’d early and developed early. Carr needs to go and they need to open up camp and seriously look st some new players.

Comment

Carr has had and kept the same group of girls for too many years. He didn’t give other girls a look and as girls developed and should have made the roster he wouldn’t give them a serious look. Some of the girls on the roster are good and deserve to be there but far too many are comfortable, feel safe and stopped developing as a player when they were 13-14. They got id’d early and developed early. Carr needs to go and they need to open up camp and seriously look st some new players.
          Reasonable post.

“Thousands of better players” post ...not so much.

Quick math...65 GDA clubs with lets just say a roster of 20 players at u18/19. Total of 1300 players. All are better than the NT players?

94 ECNL teams with rosters of ballpark 20 on the u18/19 roster. Total of 1880 players. What percentage would say are better? How about a guess?

So...do we still really think there are “thousands” of better players, or are we gonna make a reasonable post like the above poster did?

Comment

Reasonable post.

Quick math...65 GDA clubs with lets just say a roster of 20 players at u18/19. Total of 1300 players. All are better than the NT players?

94 ECNL teams with rosters of ballpark 20 on the u18/19 roster. Total of 1880 players. What percentage would say are better? How about a guess?

So...do we still really think there are “thousands” of better players, or are we gonna make a reasonable post like the above poster did?
            I wasn’t the OP and never said thousands- my only comment was that Carr selected a core group back when they were 13-14 from a NTC and has kept them the whole time and would not really give others a look. He is too set in his ways and not truly looking to find and develop the best.

Comment

I wasn’t the OP and never said thousands- my only comment was that Carr selected a core group back when they were 13-14 from a NTC and has kept them the whole time and would not really give others a look. He is too set in his ways and not truly looking to find and develop the best.
              I know. Your post was spot on.

OP not so much.

Comment

Reasonable post.

Of those 2100+ players, you can assume 150 of them are interchangeable at the top. Coach needs to hold many camps and games to find best mix.

Comment

3100+

Comment

Carr should have been handed walking papers as soon as he got off the plane from the world cup. Replaced by a couple of Top Drawer coaches in the system to re-build the team with new players. Because they the players didn't do the job expected of them, so be gone with them also. But they keep the 14s forever until they age out at 20 something level. Really, just wait if they get handed the loss in the friendlies coming up in March. Then what will US Soccer do.
                    I do believe there are better coaching staff far better then Carr to bring the US in to the winner circle and players too.

Comment

Carr should have been handed walking papers as soon as he got off the plane from the world cup. Replaced by a couple of Top Drawer coaches in the system to re-build the team with new players. Because they the players didn't do the job expected of them, so be gone with them also. But they keep the 14s forever until they age out at 20 something level. Really, just wait if they get handed the loss in the friendlies coming up in March. Then what will US Soccer do.
                      I do believe there are better coaching staff far better then Carr to bring the US in to the winner circle and players too.
                      What is the point of keeping all the same players from u14? Is it laziness? Incompetence? They should bring in new unbiased evaluators every year to keep making the teams better. This is why the rest of the world is catching up to our women’s teams!

Comment

What is the point of keeping all the same players from u14? Is it laziness? Incompetence? They should bring in new unbiased evaluators every year to keep making the teams better. This is why the rest of the world is catching up to our women’s teams!
                        They don’t keep the same players from u14.

It’s not all the same players, but there is A LOT of the same players making the international rosters. There have been lots of different players called into camp, though, but certainly not exactly the same roster for competitions since u14.

Just my opinion, but Carr has been with the same group for too long. When results don’t meet expectations, then something has to change. Players ( I personally think most of the players are correct, despite what you people that have probably only seen them play a handful of times think) or the coach have to change. You can’t have the same voice telling the same players to do the same things and expect different results.

There is talent in that group. Athletes. Technical ability in the midfield. Tactics...playing cohesive attacking soccer against quality competition? That is not there.

Comment

This guy is right! They should start selecting players from ECNL and DA! Currently all the players are playing CDL and FSPL. It's time for change !!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X