•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth sports referee shortage blamed on toxic parents

https://6abc.com/sports/youth-sports...O8p5CWWxnOz0ac

Agree for the most part.

****ty Referees help add to a toxic atmosphere though.

Sadly doesn't look fixable. Most that know the game and are over like 16 wouldn't want anything to do with it because the parents are nuts.

So we are stuck with the garbage that cant get jobs as walmart greeters because of the high level of accountability that youth soccer officiating lacks.

Comment

Step UP

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Agree for the most part.

****ty Referees help add to a toxic atmosphere though.

Sadly doesn't look fixable. Most that know the game and are over like 16 wouldn't want anything to do with it because the parents are nuts.

So we are stuck with the garbage that cant get jobs as walmart greeters because of the high level of accountability that youth soccer officiating lacks.
      Here you go: http://flsrc.org/ Become part of the solution

Comment

Much easier to bitch about it. Who wants to pay $100 for certification to be treated like ahit

And qaulity licenses referees can make as little as $15 per hour with no benefits

Comment

My son passed the test and wanted to ref but was never sent his patch. He tried sending emails but didn't get any response. Now he would half to retake the course and he said it is not worth the hassle.

Comment

Much easier to bitch about it. Who wants to pay $100 for certification to be treated like ahit

And qaulity licenses referees can make as little as $15 per hour with no benefits
            And it shows by the Quality of the Referees

Comment

Help

And it shows by the Quality of the Referees

Comment

Blah, blah, blah. It's always the parents' faults. And after them, it is the players. Such horsesh!t.

I played soccer when I was younger. I don't remember the coaches and refs being so soft and pretentious like today. What ever happened to doing your job and doing it well? Perform as expected and STFU. Don't give anyone a reason to complain. Very simple.

But no, always ready with an excuse or explanation of why something can't be done. That's what is wrong with the sport now. It is a bunch of adults that failed in the real world, hiding behind the facade of "important" youth soccer, and blaming everyone else for their poor life decisions. Fvcking losers.

Comment

Blah, blah, blah. It's always the parents' faults. And after them, it is the players. Such horsesh!t.

I played soccer when I was younger. I don't remember the coaches and refs being so soft and pretentious like today. What ever happened to doing your job and doing it well? Perform as expected and STFU. Don't give anyone a reason to complain. Very simple.

But no, always ready with an excuse or explanation of why something can't be done. That's what is wrong with the sport now. It is a bunch of adults that failed in the real world, hiding behind the facade of "important" youth soccer, and blaming everyone else for their poor life decisions. Fvcking losers.
                  Obviously knowing the rules game is most important. However being fit enough to be in position to make the call is equally important. Hard to argue with someone who is always in position.

Comment

sports can get passionate. sometimes i fail as a soccer fan. i try to be better the next game.

Comment

sports can get passionate. sometimes i fail as a soccer fan. i try to be better the next game.
                      try and do more better.

Comment

My son passed the test and wanted to ref but was never sent his patch. He tried sending emails but didn't get any response. Now he would half to retake the course and he said it is not worth the hassle.
                        It is a bunch of adults that failed in the real world, hiding behind the facade of "important" youth soccer, and blaming everyone else for their poor life decisions. Fvcking losers.

It's almost like the old fat crappy refs who don't have any other way to make money keep themselves in charge to make sure they get all the games and keep out anyone that could do their jobs better.

Comment

You know, it's funny. When I talk to my 17 year old son after his game about some of the calls the parents were yelling about, I usually says the ref got it right. Not saying they're always right, but we don't always see everything that's happening. And yes, he does have his referee license.

Comment

You know, it's funny. When I talk to my 17 year old son after his game about some of the calls the parents were yelling about, I usually says the ref got it right. Not saying they're always right, but we don't always see everything that's happening. And yes, he does have his referee license.
                            Yes the license is very intense. 2 hrs a week for 3 weeks.Sh#t that's almost 6 hours.

Comment

Your cert?

Yes the license is very intense. 2 hrs a week for 3 weeks.Sh#t that's almost 6 hours.
                              How many hours did you spend on yours?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X