Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Had to be the 02 girls. One club was missing their stud d-1 player and called up a couple of bruisers. TBU has a good team out there. I wish they moved it later so everyone could play. I would have liked to have seen the better players play. It’s bad when the parents from the other team tell you about missing players and how much better they would be with them. I want my daughter playing against the best.
    We weren't in a bracket with any of the TBU teams, but I was shocked to see how poorly their Green team performed (didn't watch them play, just looked up the results) We've played them in the past and I've always found them to be pretty darn good. They have this one big center back that is a special player. I kind of figured their 03 team playing up wasnt going to do too well and that their premier team would win their bracket, so those results didn't surpise me at all.

Comment

Boys parent here and spent the weekend at ed radice, honestly a decent tourney overall. Spent a few years at TBU playing at ed radice so expected the fields to be trash. They are overused for training and TBU/the county generally have little to no field maintainence. We came ready for that lol. Overall the traffic, field loads, competition level was good. Kids played well and brought home a championship. Officiating there has been the worst overall weekend i have ever seen. 3 full, different crews that seemed like they had never so much as seen a game before this weekend. It wasn't even unfair, it was called relatively even, but I think we had the same crew you did that was clueless as to the offsides rules. Center judge in the finals was the only person we saw all weekend that seemed to have seen soccer before.
      I was present for 9 games that our club played and we did have 1 lady referee that I though was pretty darn good. She had a tattoo of a dove on her forearm. Nice lady We had her as an AR in a couple games and referee and I thought she may have been the best one we had all weekend.

Comment

We weren't in a bracket with any of the TBU teams, but I was shocked to see how poorly their Green team performed (didn't watch them play, just looked up the results) We've played them in the past and I've always found them to be pretty darn good. They have this one big center back that is a special player. I kind of figured their 03 team playing up wasnt going to do too well and that their premier team would win their bracket, so those results didn't surpise me at all.
        The TBU 03 team IMO really had no reason to play up. There were plenty of teams and good competition in the U16/ 03 age group.

If it's the same girl....I've seen the big center back on the TBU 02 Green team play several times for TBU this year and at Largo High. She is really good player.

Comment

The TBU 03 team IMO really had no reason to play up. There were plenty of teams and good competition in the U16/ 03 age group.

If it's the same girl....I've seen the big center back on the TBU 02 Green team play several times for TBU this year and at Largo High. She is really good player.
          Has to be the same girl. #77 on TBU Green. I haven't seen her play this year, but she's a force. Moves great for her size. Good IQ. She will definitely start somewhere in college.

Comment

Actually it was the red Texans team that was missing their star player. The one parent let me know that she was missing - sounded like maybe an injury- and she was lightening fast and killed defenses. TBU usually has s good squad.

Comment

Did the CDL tournament director allow the TBU coach that brings her baby on the sideline there, play pin and all???? I saw them at Disney. I cant believe TBU allows this coach to put her baby in harms way. Can you say law suit?

Comment

Very nice fields. Good organization. Decent turnout of college scouts. Parking a little rough, but to be expected. Overall nice weekend. Well done.
                What club team plays at the fields?

Comment

Boys parent here and spent the weekend at ed radice, honestly a decent tourney overall. Spent a few years at TBU playing at ed radice so expected the fields to be trash. They are overused for training and TBU/the county generally have little to no field maintainence. We came ready for that lol. Overall the traffic, field loads, competition level was good. Kids played well and brought home a championship. Officiating there has been the worst overall weekend i have ever seen. 3 full, different crews that seemed like they had never so much as seen a game before this weekend. It wasn't even unfair, it was called relatively even, but I think we had the same crew you did that was clueless as to the offsides rules. Center judge in the finals was the only person we saw all weekend that seemed to have seen soccer before.
                  How Dare you include the Boys in Women's under privileged Society. Anymore of that & we will be taking you to the Courts.

Comment

Did the CDL tournament director allow the TBU coach that brings her baby on the sideline there, play pin and all???? I saw them at Disney. I cant believe TBU allows this coach to put her baby in harms way. Can you say law suit?
                    Get a life. Did you find a new team this year? I remember you and your comments last year

Comment

What club team plays at the fields?
                      No club teams play at those fields. The are owned by Hillsborough County. See below........

https://tampasportsplex.com/amentities

Comment

No club teams play at those fields. The are owned by Hillsborough County. See below........

The USWNT is training there today.

Comment

How Dare you include the Boys in Women's under privileged Society. Anymore of that & we will be taking you to the Courts.
                          The Feminists are try to Challenge Men peeing standing up.They say it's not fair.

Comment

Sounds like Tampa version of Lakewood Ranch. My bet is a club will lease the field. If the chargers and WFF were smart they would merge and move the DA teams to this location. Key word here is smart...

Comment

Sounds like Tampa version of Lakewood Ranch. My bet is a club will lease the field. If the chargers and WFF were smart they would merge and move the DA teams to this location. Key word here is smart...
                              No the keyword is IF.

because we know they won't

Any of the bigger area clubs would be smart to do that... they just arent

Comment

Let me emphasis - Fields were Amazing - but PARKING was not just a little problem - it was a nightmare. Literally due to one entrance I was stuck in the back for 45 minutes trying to get out - and if your not driving an SUV, don’t even think about parking in the back row. With all the traffic the dirt became a sand pit and Mecca for cars getting stuck. In addition due to the one entrance they were not even allowing players to be dropped off- due to the traffic mess- thus players were scrambling to try to get to their fields...and parents who were not there 45 early / you would be missing some of the game if stuck in the parking line.

They have to figure that out - even stagger the Field Times 30 mins to help with the flow of traffic. Road rage in that parking lot every day is not the way to start out sitting on the side line.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X