Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And that underground railroad has led to so much success for Syracuse. Perhaps they'd want to look elsewhere for their talent?
    Maybe they need the MA - Bastonian dialect to understand coaching instruction. Worth a try.

Comment

Isn't spring ball starting? They need to name the interim coach as head for now and revisit, if necessary, next season. The girls already there and coming in need some consistency.
      I'm surprised they let the other guy go without a back up in mind. It is an ACC program; not a top one, but still this affects the way others look at the league itself. The ACC commissioner should be up in arms. JMHO Play ball.
      Agree the interim would be a good choice. She’s got a good background and would have the job already if she were a man. Syracuse certainly has nothing to lose given their record. 3-15 overall, 0-10 conference - absolute horror show,

Comment

Agree the interim would be a good choice. She’s got a good background and would have the job already if she were a man. Syracuse certainly has nothing to lose given their record. 3-15 overall, 0-10 conference - absolute horror show,
        They may be pleasantly surprised that SHE may turn it around. Obviously this AD needs new glasses to see who is already there.

Comment

That program needs to start over not turn the reigns over to someone who is largely responsible for recruiting the existing talent(or lack of). Syracuse has been looking for a female coach so any suggestion that if the asst were a man they’d have the job already is ludicrous. At this point they may well go the interim coach route but make no mistake this program is spiraling hard with no floor in sight. If I were a decent player on that team I’d be looking for a landing spot sooner than later.

Comment

That program needs to start over not turn the reigns over to someone who is largely responsible for recruiting the existing talent(or lack of). Syracuse has been looking for a female coach so any suggestion that if the asst were a man they’d have the job already is ludicrous. At this point they may well go the interim coach route but make no mistake this program is spiraling hard with no floor in sight. If I were a decent player on that team I’d be looking for a landing spot sooner than later.
            Last I looked it’s the responsibility of the head coach for what happens to the team - everything from recruiting to win-loss is on their shoulders. Yes they have asst coaches, but they don’t hold a gun to the head coach’s head and tell he/she who to play or how.

And how do you know who they are looking to recruit as head coach? You say with such conviction that they a looking for a female coach so please tell us your source. Are you the AD? Do you meet with them to discuss the recruiting process? Or are you just guessing?

Comment

Last I looked it’s the responsibility of the head coach for what happens to the team - everything from recruiting to win-loss is on their shoulders. Yes they have asst coaches, but they don’t hold a gun to the head coach’s head and tell he/she who to play or how.

And how do you know who they are looking to recruit as head coach? You say with such conviction that they a looking for a female coach so please tell us your source. Are you the AD? Do you meet with them to discuss the recruiting process? Or are you just guessing?
              Whisper down the lane, the college coaching position version. It's not just unique to club and parents apparently. #ACChype

Comment

Don’t know why Syracuse has to look so hard when the interim head coach is female. She has a resume most male coaches would kill for. Taking someone for granted who is right under your nose shows why female head coaches are getting rater in women’s soccer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...coaches-sexism

Comment

Don’t know why Syracuse has to look so hard when the interim head coach is female. She has a resume most male coaches would kill for. Taking someone for granted who is right under your nose shows why female head coaches are getting rater in women’s soccer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...coaches-sexism
                  No matter who coaches they'll go under fast with the tiger soccer parent existing today. These hyper, over involved, copter fwads need to let their kids find their own way. Choose someone ar cuse that does the job and shuts storm shutters on parents. New AD at BC is short sighted

Comment

Not guessing. Ask anyone who they dealt with and first and foremost it’s the assts. the main reason I suspect is because wheddon is an arrogant ahole who thinks it’s beneath him to hob knob with the uneducated riff raff. Maybe if he had been more involved his former team wouldn’t have been the doormat that it was/is.

Comment

So it looks AF went to bat for SC who got an invite to the U23's.

Comment

So it looks AF went to bat for SC who got an invite to the U23's.
                        Of course she did. That's what she did and still does. 400 to 500 women have passed thru her program. She stll goes to bat for most of them. Current BC parents, the annointed ones, will surely have karma soon when new coach doesn't play their princesses either

Comment

Of course she did. That's what she did and still does. 400 to 500 women have passed thru her program. She stll goes to bat for most of them. Current BC parents, the annointed ones, will surely have karma soon when new coach doesn't play their princesses either
                          Are these toxic ones products of MA culture or imported?

Comment

Are these toxic ones products of MA culture or imported?
                            Mostly MA/New England area, imho

Comment

She wasn't perfect, who is, but she took a program that was nothing and made it something. The program wasn't always perfect, but it was always relevant. It never had the Pitt, Syracuse, Miami feel (as far as success in ACC soccer, not school). I thought she would have thrown in her hat for the BU assistant job (sometimes it's nice not to have the head coach headaches). Did she?

Comment

She wasn't perfect, who is, but she took a program that was nothing and made it something. The program wasn't always perfect, but it was always relevant. It never had the Pitt, Syracuse, Miami feel (as far as success in ACC soccer, not school). I thought she would have thrown in her hat for the BU assistant job (sometimes it's nice not to have the head coach headaches). Did she?
                                Absolutely not

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X