Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #321  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Have the thorns 00/01 team friendly with

Salmon creek 00 or Washington Timbers 02 or CU 02


They wonít.
Thorns 00/01 team would get crushed by CU04 and CU03 team.

FCP 02 and CU02 team would beat them as well.
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thorns 00/01 team would get crushed by CU04 and CU03 team.

FCP 02 and CU02 team would beat them as well.
Fc Portland isnít beating anyone in the state besides #5-8

Cu 03 wouldnít even win OYSA age up let alone against 00/01. Should probably know they are one player and one boot ball to victory most of the time and wouldnít even beat gps.

Cu 04 is a joke.
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Fc Portland isnít beating anyone in the state besides #5-8

Cu 03 wouldnít even win OYSA age up let alone against 00/01. Should probably know they are one player and one boot ball to victory most of the time and wouldnít even beat gps.

Cu 04 is a joke.
That's an interesting comment about CU 03 since most national soccer rankings have them as one of the top teams in the nation. But you must know everything.
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That's an interesting comment about CU 03 since most national soccer rankings have them as one of the top teams in the nation. But you must know everything.
Until a few days ago, one of the top ranking sites had a pair of Salem area BU15 rec teams as the top two U15 teams in the country.

If you know how soccer rankings often work, it's easy to figure how this happened. (They beat the tar out of everyone in their rec league, played nobody else, and so looked really good to the computer. Unlike most rec leagues, this one published scores).
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That's an interesting comment about CU 03 since most national soccer rankings have them as one of the top teams in the nation. But you must know everything.
Itís an interesting comment because the teams they play were gutted to holy hell and went from playing 1st teams to B and C team players.

Are you trying to hide the fact that CU was last or near last place in Ecnl with nearly all of their teams to magically being close to first all in one year when the DA started and USYS national league started..

The ranking sites you speak of

- Donít take into account that a team can lose all of its players while still holding a name.

Ex: Crossfire Washington Ecnl team went from beating everyone which they always do regardless of what league they are in to be in last place and losing to OYSA teams or random teams.

So if crossfire wa Ecnl was a high rank one year and behind the scenes lost all of their best players the following year..when they played CU them they get credit for beating a skeleton team.

Isnít it telling that CU 03 legitimately hides from everyone when they know they are one player and one boot ball away from being mediocre in Oregon....

I donít know everything but I do know you are smoke and mirrors program.
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hey CU apologist,

You donít get credit for being the best when you hide from everyone. Same with the thorns.

At least the thorns are trying to set up scrimmages, CU isnít the best in state because they use monkey math scores against one other opppnent to justify it while hiding in a washed out League.

You keep up the good work and charge those families 10k a year for a college placement they could get at most any good team.
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thorns 00/01 team would get crushed by CU04 and CU03 team.

FCP 02 and CU02 team would beat them as well.
Utter nonsense. Especially CU04s, who are an ordinary freshman team.
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey CU apologist,

You donít get credit for being the best when you hide from everyone. Same with the thorns.

At least the thorns are trying to set up scrimmages, CU isnít the best in state because they use monkey math scores against one other opppnent to justify it while hiding in a washed out League.

You keep up the good work and charge those families 10k a year for a college placement they could get at most any good team.
Ecnl & Thorns both need to play games vs the top teams in OYSA or youíll never know. Doubt they will though they should for development reasons. When CalSouth GDA teams played in a tourney vs ecnl teams, the ecnl teams did better. All 3 leagues are watered down and have pros & cons. As we can see from recruiting lists, it really doesnít matter for Oregon girls which of the 3 a girl plays in. Pick the one you like best and enjoy. Itís just plain silly arguing which is better: an apple, an orange or a banana. They are all fruit and will all give you some sustenance. Which one you like the best is personal preference.
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Have thorns scrimmaged local teams? Results?

I doubt they would want to because losses would be bad PR. Many local teams at all ages that are better.
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Have thorns scrimmaged local teams? Results?

I doubt they would want to because losses would be bad PR. Many local teams at all ages that are better.
Why should any coach care? Playing good teams, even if they are better will help develop the players on your own team. Better players will have a better chance of being recruited and will have more success once playing in college. While I am not one of the believers that winning doesnít matter, I believe that losing sometimes is just as important. I would steer clear of teams that hide from a challenge because they donít want to suffer a loss.

As parents, we are funding this fiasco of Oregon girls soccer so we have the power. As the paying customers we need to demand development, not simply wins. We need to stop bashing other programs and players. Bashing only brings us all down and does nothing to raise the true level of your club, team or player. If we paying customers demanded development and respect & support of all Oregon soccer, we would raise the level of youth & collegiate soccer success across our state and all the girls would benefit.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.