• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ODP isn't impressive.

Stay out of DA until Junior year.

Start as a freshman in high school.

Try to win all-star, all-state, etc.

Then head to DA with bullet points.
    All I can add to the conversation is ODP propelled my to the national team level. Folks have been proclaiming it dead for a decade and yet it is still here. Most of the bullet point you are citing only come during the high school years. On the girls side, the story has already been written at that point. ODP is the only ID venue for middle schoolers. If not it, then what else in it’s place.

Comment

Which should translate on to paper with a string of accomplishments. Half the problem with our current club system is you have way too many self interested club officials/coaches trying to convince player families that their player can be an undiscovered diamond if they just pay to belong to one of their teams. Even modest college D1 level players are never unheralded. They all have resume's that show a heck of a lot more than just membership on a team.
      Thanks for taking the time to chime in, BTNT.

Comment

All I can add to the conversation is ODP propelled my to the national team level. Folks have been proclaiming it dead for a decade and yet it is still here. Most of the bullet point you are citing only come during the high school years. On the girls side, the story has already been written at that point. ODP is the only ID venue for middle schoolers. If not it, then what else in it’s place.
        Now girls can’t truly commit until junior year. ODP will become more relevant.

Comment

If/when da dies, those who need to go back to NPL can do Odp for a bullet poont

Comment

If/when da dies, those who need to go back to NPL can do Odp for a bullet poont
            DA at U12 is done. And if you ask me, (nobody has or will), DA should only start at U15.

Comment

DA at U12 is done. And if you ask me, (nobody has or will), DA should only start at U15.
              That’s the way it was initially, U15/16 and U17/18

Comment

With south shore select going GDA does that mean that a ton of new spots just opened up for u14 and above?

Comment

With south shore select going GDA does that mean that a ton of new spots just opened up for u14 and above?
                  Waivers baby!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X