Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP here & OP for the thread -

So we decided to focus on Futsal for this session and forego indoor soccer. I would like to thank the FEW comments here that were posted that were actually helpful and provided good information.

I talked to some parents of older kids (boys and girls) who have played Futsal and they all agreed that for technical ability and skill - that this was a better route for improvement. They also said that the transition to spring club will be a little different because the nature of Futsal being smaller controlled touches is going to take a couple of training sessions to translate into outdoor soccer.

Now the others here who want to argue can go back at it -

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Question. Do teams in warm weather areas play futsal or just stick with soccer?
      My cousin has two tween kids in FL who play Futsal 2x week for 10 weeks in the winter. They have 4 different Futsal facilities within 30 minutes of them in the Tampa area.

Comment

Anywhere there's south americans you'd find futsal. Warm weather places included. Americans have now caught on that it has value beyond being indoors where winters are cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Anywhere there's south americans you'd find futsal. Warm weather places included. Americans have now caught on that it has value beyond being indoors where winters are cold.
          Agreed; the players I've played with who have a Brazilian/Portugese background all played it. But, also a couple of Europeans played it growing up as well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X