Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You sir are an idiot. You do the work because it's what you signed up for. It's your kid's job and how they are paying for that education. It is beyond clear that you just don't understand how the whole D1 thing works. If you want a demanding major, you don't become a D1 scholarship athlete. It's that simple. Now if you are a serious student in addition to being a top flight soccer player and want to go on to a demanding graduate program like medicine or law, you absolutely can do that but you need to start by recognize that there is nothing for nothing. Soccer comes first and you find a way to accommodate your academic aspirations after you meet your soccer obligations. How it really works if you want to get into a high powered grad program is you end up modulating the rigor of your undergrad work in order to earn the highest possible GPA and then stretching your more difficult course work out into summer sessions or post graduation so that you don't have to the soccer in front of you academic aspirations. It is why the quality of the academic resources in a program are in many ways actually more important than the name on the diploma. You obviously wouldn't know that though.
    Correct.

Comment

Me thinks someone's lil mia didnt see the field and may have been assured by club coach she would. Lawnmower(s) indeed.

Comment

Agreed. Apparently the definition of libel/slander and defamation is lost on some. My son's firm will represent af in a heartbeat.
        Your son's firm wouldn't touch this website with a ten foot pole.

Comment

Your son's firm wouldn't touch this website with a ten foot pole.
          Thanks mia's mom or dad

Comment

You sir are an idiot. You do the work because it's what you signed up for. It's your kid's job and how they are paying for that education. It is beyond clear that you just don't understand how the whole D1 thing works. If you want a demanding major, you don't become a D1 scholarship athlete. It's that simple. Now if you are a serious student in addition to being a top flight soccer player and want to go on to a demanding graduate program like medicine or law, you absolutely can do that but you need to start by recognize that there is nothing for nothing. Soccer comes first and you find a way to accommodate your academic aspirations after you meet your soccer obligations. How it really works if you want to get into a high powered grad program is you end up modulating the rigor of your undergrad work in order to earn the highest possible GPA and then stretching your more difficult course work out into summer sessions or post graduation so that you don't have to the soccer in front of you academic aspirations. It is why the quality of the academic resources in a program are in many ways actually more important than the name on the diploma. You obviously wouldn't know that though.
            I beg to differ, even coaches tell players they are called student athletes for a reason..... Student first..... athlete second. 90% of these players will not play besides recreational leagues after college. You tell me what’s more important ? Lifelong career or 4 year soccer stint. No brainer.

Comment

I beg to differ, even coaches tell players they are called student athletes for a reason..... Student first..... athlete second. 90% of these players will not play besides recreational leagues after college. You tell me what’s more important ? Lifelong career or 4 year soccer stint. No brainer.
              I think you are sparing with a recent lobotomy patient. A real NO brain..her/him. Thinks soccer is what matters.

Comment

I totally agree that you work your ass off at your job,(soccer) while at school but, academic success is the top priority. That’s how it works in my family anyway.

Comment

I totally agree that you work your ass off at your job,(soccer) while at school but, academic success is the top priority. That’s how it works in my family anyway.
                  i get that, so why allow them to play soccer besides say Club, at all ?

Comment

Still can't believe no one has started a thread on SSS girls commit. You loonies are letting me down big time.

Comment

Coach Foley isn't perfect. Who of us are? But she did an incredible job in a difficult environment. Mediocre facilities, lackadasical support, and nutty parents to name just a few challenges she navigated relatively successfully.

BC will disappear from relevance just as quickly as UConn did. And remain uncompetitive, battling it out with Miami to control the ACC cellar, for years to come. The mythical New England Championship which the BC faithful lauded over us, even in their down years, will be gone as well.

A strong local ACC program is important for local players. This resignation deals area soccer another blow. Sad day at the Heights and all over New England.

Comment

Coach Foley isn't perfect. Who of us are? But she did an incredible job in a difficult environment. Mediocre facilities, lackadasical support, and nutty parents to name just a few challenges she navigated relatively successfully.

BC will disappear from relevance just as quickly as UConn did. And remain uncompetitive, battling it out with Miami to control the ACC cellar, for years to come. The mythical New England Championship which the BC faithful lauded over us, even in their down years, will be gone as well.

A strong local ACC program is important for local players. This resignation deals area soccer another blow. Sad day at the Heights and all over New England.
                        And all while the church investigation was taking place as well. Do you really need a refresher? Have that at your institution and recruit. The lawnmowers have won, for now.

Comment

Still can't believe no one has started a thread on SSS girls commit. You loonies are letting me down big time.
                          Wow isnt this girl impressive? You mean something like this?

Comment

OR BC will improve with a new coach and different perspective.

Comment

You know nothing. The term “student athlete” was coined as part of a legal case brought by a player who was killed playing football. It’s remains the single biggest fallacy about college sports. No one is saying you can’t get educated just that education comes after all of the soccer obligations are met. If that’s not your kid’s cup of tea, no worries just go to the level where the priorities are reversed. Maybe if the kids at BC put the work in instead of bitching to the AD about having to do it, the program wouldn’t be in the shambles that it is. Watch who BC hires, it will be some young and cheap assistant instead of a seasoned head coach. That’s the true story at BC, they want to talk about being time but always take the bargain basement way out. There a long history of them doing that. Catering to a few discontented bench players is not a step forward.

Comment

That’s great, just don’t send your kid to an ACC school to play soccer. I’m ain’t Williams or MIT.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X