Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thought the GK HH and the back MB were good, but the rest of the defensive was so so. I liked what I saw in the front 2/3 overall. I think they need more playing time together and they'll look stronger particularly on set pieces.

I'm not quite sure I would describe the China team as weak. Many players from the last U-20 WC team this year and they played ok. Since so many of their players are already 20 yrs old, I wonder whether we are seeing their best this early on in the cycle.
    I coach defensive 1/3. I thought gk was slow and not athletic and back line looked very unsure how to play their positions and unorganized. Brazil and spain and japan would have run circles around them.

Comment

I coach defensive 1/3. I thought gk was slow and not athletic and back line looked very unsure how to play their positions and unorganized. Brazil and spain and japan would have run circles around them.
      You just coach the defensive 1/3? I coach a whole team - never mind they are 9 yrs old though. Maybe you and I should apply to fill the YNT coaching slots?

Comment

You just coach the defensive 1/3? I coach a whole team - never mind they are 9 yrs old though. Maybe you and I should apply to fill the YNT coaching slots?
        Sure. We would have better success in all likelihood.
        As you go up the ladder, speciality coaches involved. At 9, team teach them offside, play until whistle, etc. Break the bad habits before they start.

Comment

As you go up the ladder, speciality coaches involved. At 9, team teach them offside, play until whistle, etc. Break the bad habits before they start.
          Thanks, coach! At 9, I'm just trying to get them to play transition and possession. If they don't boot it away or all chase it around the field like ducks following mama, I'm happy. I'm sure older teams could benefit by that approach!

Comment

9??
            You’re years late, mate.
            We’ve got them playing 1 touch with offside at 4...

Comment

Sophie Jones is needed to calm the midfield and will work very well with Pinto I suspect. What's missing is a creative ACM to dribble and take defenses out of shape to play successful through balls to attacking runners. Also, alog with Pinto to be dangerous enough off the dribble to shoot at 25-30 yards and pull defenses out of the 18. The one they played seemed to be mostly playing conservatively and back (not bad) but when trying to play through wasn't successful. I liked SK trying to create from out wide, but she needed more to play off.

Comment

Sophie Jones is needed to calm the midfield and will work very well with Pinto I suspect. What's missing is a creative ACM to dribble and take defenses out of shape to play successful through balls to attacking runners. Also, alog with Pinto to be dangerous enough off the dribble to shoot at 25-30 yards and pull defenses out of the 18. The one they played seemed to be mostly playing conservatively and back (not bad) but when trying to play through wasn't successful. I liked SK trying to create from out wide, but she needed more to play off.
                I dont see that as a good pairing in 433 That would be a defensive liability. if you are going to stick with 433 then no. 4231 ...Pinto to the CAM,maybe if the other CDM is really mobile and a really good physical defender. Both good players in their own right tho.

Comment

9??
                  You’re years late, mate.
                  We’ve got them playing 1 touch with offside at 4...
                  And sometimes you dont need one touch. Over used one touch instead of keeping ball and seeing other options is part of reason kids lack high soccer iq. Imho

Comment

Thanks, coach! At 9, I'm just trying to get them to play transition and possession. If they don't boot it away or all chase it around the field like ducks following mama, I'm happy. I'm sure older teams could benefit by that approach!
                    Perfect except if possession means that only one or two kids keep the ball.

Comment

Perfect except if possession means that only one or two kids keep the ball.
                      Only if you are playing 2v2!

Comment

I dont see that as a good pairing in 433 That would be a defensive liability. if you are going to stick with 433 then no. 4231 ...Pinto to the CAM,maybe if the other CDM is really mobile and a really good physical defender. Both good players in their own right tho.
                        Sorry, I agree its a bad pairing, but disagree that Jones is good enough for NT. She looked hapless playing in the U-17 WC. Couldn't win or keep the ball.

Comment

Sorry, I agree its a bad pairing, but disagree that Jones is good enough for NT. She looked hapless playing in the U-17 WC. Couldn't win or keep the ball.
                          Coaching. needs to play in the right system. that 4141 left her isolated with no one to pass to when teams pressed her. EVB leaving Duke is going to hurt as well

Comment

As the prior posted noted, it was the scheme the coach set up, but I agree with this poster, I don't think she is the answer for YNT either. They need to continue their search. Sticking with the early id'd kids overall isn't working. It's US soccer not only a handful of US soccer and that goes for the coaches as well.

Comment

And sometimes you dont need one touch. Over used one touch instead of keeping ball and seeing other options is part of reason kids lack high soccer iq. Imho
                              Can’t teach iq, mate.
                              You’ve either got it or you don’t
                              You can teach how to play
                              Imho

Comment

As the prior posted noted, it was the scheme the coach set up, but I agree with this poster, I don't think she is the answer for YNT either. They need to continue their search. Sticking with the early id'd kids overall isn't working. It's US soccer not only a handful of US soccer and that goes for the coaches as well.
                                a players effectiveness is a function of the system they are in. You cannot say she is not the answer without knowing what the system is. her problem is she is technically very good and has good spatial awareness BUT due to her lack of athleticism is not hard to press. A coach needs to realize that and put her in a system where she is harder to get to.

This ties in to the early ID thing. Are we trying to get the best players some level of NT experience or are we trying to take a group of 40 players that fit a particular style and mold them into a WC competitive team? Because they are not the same thing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X