Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    i'm assuming these really strong players on ECNL and DA did not play RI high school this year, correct, since there definitely were no elite studs out there?
    The DA ones didn’t, but I saw a handful of very strong (ECNL/NPL) players playing this season. But most were not strikers and/or they are freshmen. Either way, the simple soccer mind only sees a player who scores tons on goals as elite, whereas some us recognize talent in more complex ways. But I will say this, I saw some coaches who were clueless as to how to play their best players. How your best is not playing down the spine of the field is beyond me.

Comment

The DA ones didn’t, but I saw a handful of very strong (ECNL/NPL) players playing this season. But most were not strikers and/or they are freshmen. Either way, the simple soccer mind only sees a player who scores tons on goals as elite, whereas some us recognize talent in more complex ways. But I will say this, I saw some coaches who were clueless as to how to play their best players. How your best is not playing down the spine of the field is beyond me.
      Most coaches have no clue to play their players due to the changing style of club soccer vs HS soccer. Most HS play a 4-4-2 but have no clue as to how to apply players in that setup in relation to the current modern game.

Comment

i'm assuming these really strong players on ECNL and DA did not play RI high school this year, correct, since there definitely were no elite studs out there?
        I watched a lot of really talented players on several teams throughout the season. Maybe your expectations of highschool players isn’t very realistic.

Comment

Most coaches have no clue to play their players due to the changing style of club soccer vs HS soccer. Most HS play a 4-4-2 but have no clue as to how to apply players in that setup in relation to the current modern game.
          Wow who is smarter than you? You should be coach of the year every year, a-hole!

Comment

The current modern game? As opposed to the past modern game, or even the future modern game? Yes, coach of the year. And don't forget the changing style of club soccer vs. HS soccer?? Huh?

Comment

The current modern game? As opposed to the past modern game, or even the future modern game? Yes, coach of the year. And don't forget the changing style of club soccer vs. HS soccer?? Huh?
              It sounded pretty good! lol What a dbag!

Comment

regardless of the process and how we all feel about it, when does the allstate come out from prov journ?

Comment

regardless of the process and how we all feel about it, when does the allstate come out from prov journ?
                  If you don't already know your kid didn't make it!

Comment

Thanks dbag...so if my kid isn't on the allstar team for the nfl i guess i shouldn't wonder when it comes out to see who else is on it? no wonder why your spouse left you

Comment

I think it gets posted in mid January.

Comment

Thanks dbag...so if my kid isn't on the allstar team for the nfl i guess i shouldn't wonder when it comes out to see who else is on it? no wonder why your spouse left you
                        nfl doesn't have an all star team

Comment

So players have been notified if they are all state?

Comment

So players have been notified if they are all state?
                            Yes and coaches.

Comment

nfl doesn't have an all star team
                              nfl has the Pro Bowl

Comment

Most high level club teams (NPL, ECNL, top Premiership) are playing a 4-2-3-1, or 3-5-2 with the occasional 4-3-3 or 4-1-4-1 thrown in. Most HS's are playing a 4-4-2. The 4-4-2 works for dump and chase attacking (which most HS's default to) and defensively match up with numbers up against most formations they will see while keeping the team shape simple in and out of transition and balanced against counter attacks.

It isn't rocket science and honestly, why try to play possessive soccer, build from back, and be creative through the mid-field when half your starting 11 can't connect a 10 or 15 yard push pass to the correct foot or have no first touch.

As to playing your best players down the spine, I agree, to an extent defensively and offensively, but playing your best midfielders "in the middle" may be counter-productive if the team bypasses the middle most of the game and your middies are really either 10's or 6's.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X