Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts > Talking MA Politics

Notices

Talking MA Politics The political side of Ma (Public Sector only, not your child's placement and the politics therein or perceived)

Old 03-07-2010
Unregistered

Default Pat Caddell split from Democratic consulting firm Caddell, Doak & Shrum in December 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
he is so anti-environment that he also worked for Ralph Nader during his run.
"Appearing with David Horowitz, Andrew Romanoff's senior advisor Pat Caddell said that environmentalists don't actually care about the environment, but are out to destroy the free-market system. He vociferously agrees with David Horowitz that they are 'communists.' " (http://coloradopols.com/diary/11581/...uct-capitalism)

Sounds pretty anti-environmentalist.

"During the 2000 presidential election, Wall Street Journal columnist John Fund noted that Caddell supported Green Party candidate Ralph Nader, not former Vice President Al Gore. According to the Center for Responsive Politics, Caddell contributed $1,000 to the Nader-LaDuke 2000 campaign. In 2001, Caddell was hired -- along with Susan Estrich, another FOX News political analyst and putative Democrat who routinely sides with conservatives -- to work on the 2002 California gubernatorial campaign of former Los Angeles mayor Richard Riordan, a Republican opposing Governor Gray Davis (D-CA) [Los Angeles Times, 10/21/01, 10/27/01]." (http://mediamatters.org/research/200...005?f=s_search)

So Caddell "supported" Nader and donated $1000., but I can find no evidence to support your assertion that he "worked" for Nader. There is no evidence that he was ever on Nader's payroll or had a role in the campaign.

I guess this is another stretch from a dishonest man. Make up or exaggerate the facts to suit your position.

Quote:
He is NOT anti-union, in fact his Democratic ideolgy puts him firmly behind indistrial unions, but he IS definitly anti-public employee unions and his comment about the SEIU is "What are they protecting themselves from? The American taxpayer?"
Easy to claim to be pro-industrial unions when they are all but completely broken. He picks on SEIU because it is the one union growing in membership recently, so that is the one targeted by this ham-handed sophist to curry favor with his new masters and FOX news.

A little more:

"Pat Caddell split from Democratic consulting firm Caddell, Doak & Shrum in December 1985, six months after its creation [Washington Post, 12/18/85], with what The Washington Post described as an "acrimonious lawsuit." Robert M. Shrum is one of Senator John Kerry's closest political advisers, and Doak is a prominent media consultant with Democratic advertising firm Doak, Carrier, O'Donnell & Associates." (http://mediamatters.org/research/200409160005)

I guess you will maintain he opposed the Kerry campaign on the facts and that his own personal rancor and need for revenge had nothing to do with it.

Even though its an anonymous forum, don't you feel a little sheepish about having your continuing lies, distortions, and exaggerations held up to the light of day?

I'm probably going to back off you pretty soon because when my patience gets tried, I will have a hard time being so gentle with you. I don't want to push you into acting on your rage and fear given that you have shown you do not recognize boundaries imposed by honesty and rationality. You have been exposed as a liar. If every new lie you post could be accompanied by a scarlet "L," I would have left off long ago.
Old 03-07-2010
Unregistered

Wingnut found a nut - Pat Caddell!
Old 03-07-2010
Unregistered

Default Caddel vs. Powell

Gen. Colin Powell endorsed Barrack Obama. Powell is a far more significant figure than Pat Caddell. He operated as Head of the joint Chiefs, national Security Adviser, and Sec. of State for multiple Republican administrations. He is a true patriot rather than a purely political figure as he has never run for elective office.

Powell's support of Obama rather than his former party tells me far more than Pat Cadell's rejection of his former employers.
Old 03-07-2010
Unregistered

Obama hosted 10 House Democrats who previously voted “No” to the health care bill to the White House for a meeting on Wednesday. One of the ten is Congressman Jim Matheson of Utah, who has moved from a solid “No” to “Undecided.” On the very same day, Obama nominated Matheson’s brother, Scott, to a federal judgeship in what the right is calling "Chicago-style politics" and an example of again "buying" votes to pass the health care bill. Scott Matheson is very qualified: Stanford grad, Rhodes Scholar at Oxford, Yale Law School, a few years in private practice, then 25 years on the faculty of the University of Utah, including eight years as Dean of the Law School plus four years as US Attorney for Utah. Should we assumne Obama is crooked as the right will portray? No, but we can assume that Obama either doesn't care appearances or is so politically tone-deaf that he's willing to play right into the hands of the right. I'm afraid Obama is not sa smart as some would believe. This reminds me of the Christmas incident of hanging images of Mao on the White House Christmas tree.
Old 03-07-2010
Unregistered

Quote:
Gen. Colin Powell endorsed Barrack Obama. Powell is a far more significant figure than Pat Caddell. He operated as Head of the joint Chiefs, national Security Adviser, and Sec. of State for multiple Republican administrations. He is a true patriot rather than a purely political figure as he has never run for elective office.

Powell's support of Obama rather than his former party tells me far more than Pat Cadell's rejection of his former employers.
What's Powell think now? His current support of Obama's policies are deafening.
Old 03-07-2010
Unregistered

Quote:
"Appearing with David Horowitz, Andrew Romanoff's senior advisor Pat Caddell said that environmentalists don't actually care about the environment, but are out to destroy the free-market system. He vociferously agrees with David Horowitz that they are 'communists.' " (http://coloradopols.com/diary/11581/...uct-capitalism)

Sounds pretty anti-environmentalist.

"During the 2000 presidential election, Wall Street Journal columnist John Fund noted that Caddell supported Green Party candidate Ralph Nader, not former Vice President Al Gore. According to the Center for Responsive Politics, Caddell contributed $1,000 to the Nader-LaDuke 2000 campaign. In 2001, Caddell was hired -- along with Susan Estrich, another FOX News political analyst and putative Democrat who routinely sides with conservatives -- to work on the 2002 California gubernatorial campaign of former Los Angeles mayor Richard Riordan, a Republican opposing Governor Gray Davis (D-CA) [Los Angeles Times, 10/21/01, 10/27/01]." (http://mediamatters.org/research/200...005?f=s_search)

So Caddell "supported" Nader and donated $1000., but I can find no evidence to support your assertion that he "worked" for Nader. There is no evidence that he was ever on Nader's payroll or had a role in the campaign.

I guess this is another stretch from a dishonest man. Make up or exaggerate the facts to suit your position.

Easy to claim to be pro-industrial unions when they are all but completely broken. He picks on SEIU because it is the one union growing in membership recently, so that is the one targeted by this ham-handed sophist to curry favor with his new masters and FOX news.

A little more:

"Pat Caddell split from Democratic consulting firm Caddell, Doak & Shrum in December 1985, six months after its creation [Washington Post, 12/18/85], with what The Washington Post described as an "acrimonious lawsuit." Robert M. Shrum is one of Senator John Kerry's closest political advisers, and Doak is a prominent media consultant with Democratic advertising firm Doak, Carrier, O'Donnell & Associates." (http://mediamatters.org/research/200409160005)

I guess you will maintain he opposed the Kerry campaign on the facts and that his own personal rancor and need for revenge had nothing to do with it.

Even though its an anonymous forum, don't you feel a little sheepish about having your continuing lies, distortions, and exaggerations held up to the light of day?

I'm probably going to back off you pretty soon because when my patience gets tried, I will have a hard time being so gentle with you. I don't want to push you into acting on your rage and fear given that you have shown you do not recognize boundaries imposed by honesty and rationality. You have been exposed as a liar. If every new lie you post could be accompanied by a scarlet "L," I would have left off long ago.
Come back and comment after you listen to the clips I gave you. If you listen to those clips, I might actually take what you post seriously because it might indicate you have an open mind. Up to this point, you've only proven your closed minded bias.

And once again, you can keep insulting me all you wish. It matters little to me, and I doubt it convinces anyone who really does have an open mind, that you are right and I am wrong. Probably just the opposite for quite a few. Those who really do care about the direction of the country and the Democratic Party will consider fairly what I have posted.
Old 03-07-2010
Unregistered

Quote:
Come back and comment after you listen to the clips I gave you. If you listen to those clips, I might actually take what you post seriously because it might indicate you have an open mind. Up to this point, you've only proven your closed minded bias.

And once again, you can keep insulting me all you wish. It matters little to me, and I doubt it convinces anyone who really does have an open mind, that you are right and I am wrong. Probably just the opposite for quite a few. Those who really do care about the direction of the country and the Democratic Party will consider fairly what I have posted.

yes, you really care about the direction of the democratic party and you show that by posting clips of David Horowitz, far right wing racist, Scott Wheeler, a Republican, and Pat Caddel, someone who left the party two decades ago.
Old 03-07-2010
Unregistered

Quote:

Ok, this was Feb 21 on Face the Nation:

"Like this Story? Share it:

Share On Facebook

Play CBS Video
Video

People Want To See "Compromise, Progress"

In an exclusive interview, Colin Powell spoke with Bob Schieffer about the state of politics in the U.S. and how people don't want to see the parties bickering but to get the country moving in the right direction.

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell on "Face the Nation," Sunday, Feb. 21, 2010. (CBS)
(CBS) Claims that the United States is less safe under President Obama are not credible, former Secretary of State Colin Powell said on "Face the Nation" Sunday.

He also challenged criticism by some (including former Vice President Dick Cheney, who say that by not using extreme interrogation techniques such as waterboarding on terror suspects the United States is more vulnerable.

"The point is made, 'We don't waterboard anymore or use extreme interrogation techniques.' Most of those extreme interrogation techniques and waterboarding were done away with in the Bush administration," Powell said. "They've been made officially done away with in this current administration"

Not recent enough for you?
Old 03-07-2010
Unregistered

Quote:
How about this from the same Face the Nation, Feb. 21, 2010:

"CBS) Former Secretary of State General Colin Powell said Sunday he had no regrets about endorsing Barack Obama during the 2008 presidential campaign"

Do you think that covers what he thinks now? has there been something new in the last TWO WEEKS.

Waht a clown. Try to think before you speak.
Old 03-07-2010
Unregistered

Default Longer Powell

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6228759.shtml

Overall extremely supportive of Obama.