Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 07-13-2018
Unregistered

I can tell you they are cheaper than ALBY, by A LOT....and I could answer these questions for you but I have to tell you the staff at LISC have been very transparent with the families for the upcoming season. I suggest you call and ask directly. No snake oil sales - just make your own judgment. These anonymous forums are frequented by dueling coaches and bitter parents. Educate and the evaluate. Good luck to your young one.
Old 07-13-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone aware of what the "significantly reduced tuition" means on the LISC promotional materials? IS that all GDA players across the board? Some players? And what is the amount of the "significantly reduced tuition"?

Also, how does LISC handle travel? Is every player on their own to get to away games and tournaments or is there more organized travel arrangement?

Thanks in advance to anyone that knows this information.
It means "We are desperate for players and will offer steep discounts".
Old 07-13-2018
Unregistered

"Significantly Reduced Tuition" is the smartest move LISC has made! They need to push why they are the better option than the other 2 DA offerings and the 2 ECNL clubs. All this hoopla about "signing" recycled players and club hoppers, just makes them look lame, like any other club with musical chairs players (Alby and EM engaged in that nonsense for years).

Organizing team travel (ground) might be another good idea. Landing a few big name "special guest" players to join training sessions here and there, is another one. I mean the list can go on and on. This isn't really rocket science, it's little girls' soccer. Sure, it'll take a little time and a little $, but they have to set themselves apart and offer something different, especially after last year's showing.
Old 07-13-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
It means "We are desperate for players and will offer steep discounts".
Yes, yes it does. Even if they survive the next year in GDA they can't keep that up for very long.
Old 07-13-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
"Significantly Reduced Tuition" is the smartest move LISC has made! They need to push why they are the better option than the other 2 DA offerings and the 2 ECNL clubs. All this hoopla about "signing" recycled players and club hoppers, just makes them look lame, like any other club with musical chairs players (Alby and EM engaged in that nonsense for years).

Organizing team travel (ground) might be another good idea. Landing a few big name "special guest" players to join training sessions here and there, is another one. I mean the list can go on and on. This isn't really rocket science, it's little girls' soccer. Sure, it'll take a little time and a little $, but they have to set themselves apart and offer something different, especially after last year's showing.
Sometimes you get what you pay for.
Old 07-13-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
And sometimes you way overpay.
Old 07-13-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Well not everyone can drive around in a Mercedes but they still can drive very well and figure out how to get around just fine.
Old 07-13-2018
Unregistered

it was a legitimate question about an advertised marketing flyer...what is the trash talking about? Let it go. These are young impressionable girls. Are these girls signing big money deals that I don't know about? Are any of these clubs lining parent pockets? Come on - let it go. If it works for one family why does that affect your family? You have no idea what is happening behind scenes and private discussion inside these management offices and private homes. Let the girls play. I wish all of your daughters the best and I hope everyone gets the DEVELOPMENT they are seeking.
Old 07-13-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
it was a legitimate question about an advertised marketing flyer...what is the trash talking about? Let it go. These are young impressionable girls. Are these girls signing big money deals that I don't know about? Are any of these clubs lining parent pockets? Come on - let it go. If it works for one family why does that affect your family? You have no idea what is happening behind scenes and private discussion inside these management offices and private homes. Let the girls play. I wish all of your daughters the best and I hope everyone gets the DEVELOPMENT they are seeking.
Does anyone have a legitimate answer?
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
If it bothers you so much to read a conflicting opinion, you should stick to BOTN where LISC is paying to censor any unflattering comments