Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Default KK Atletico is quietly begging for players

Several teams are actually below roster minimums at this point. Lots of kids are going to be asked to play in multiple age groups every weekend.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

No one to blame but themselves
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No one to blame but themselves
Move on. No one is begging for players, never have and never will. That is part of the problem.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Move on. No one is begging for players, never have and never will. That is part of the problem.
Not true. They are, but they are not alone. Will have issues come the fall.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Several teams are actually below roster minimums at this point. Lots of kids are going to be asked to play in multiple age groups every weekend.
If anything this is a great opportunity to join a development machine and have the chance to play 2 age groups at the same time. I'm actually considering making a move for both my kids.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
If anything this is a great opportunity to join a development machine and have the chance to play 2 age groups at the same time. I'm actually considering making a move for both my kids.
So you would quit your existing teams that have already registered? Kind of a crappy thing to do.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
All the experts say that a certain training session to game ratio should be maintained for the best development. If your kid plays two games EVERY weekend, then they would be playing more games then recommended. Not to mention playing up. Just do your research.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
All the experts say that a certain training session to game ratio should be maintained for the best development. If your kid plays two games EVERY weekend, then they would be playing more games then recommended. Not to mention playing up. Just do your research.
I agree on the first part. On the second part it's a bit more nuanced than that. The very top players are encouraged by USSF to play up for developmental reasons, especially goalkeepers. But playing up just to fill roster spots is potentially harmful.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
So you would quit your existing teams that have already registered? Kind of a crappy thing to do.
No I only registered for the fall. I would leave after the season. But I will watch this season to see how things progress at KK this season. It could be a good thing to be part of a smaller KK organization. That's all I'm saying
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
No I only registered for the fall. I would leave after the season. But I will watch this season to see how things progress at KK this season. It could be a good thing to be part of a smaller KK organization. That's all I'm saying
As much as I dislike Dan on a personal level. His insane work schedule is what drove KK teams to greatness. Kurt is a good trainer when available. But the program just isn't close to being the same without Dan around.