Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why is it always the parents is it ever the club?
    Just a guess but lots of emotionally retarded parents play the victim when things don’t work out for them?

Comment

Why is it always the parents is it ever the club?
      With sb it’s the club.

Best move we made was going to northport.

Comment

Just a guess but lots of emotionally retarded parents play the victim when things don’t work out for them?
        Take the oldest girls for example.

Last year they were told there would be a big player pool and teams would be entered in four different leagues so that there would be plenty of playing time for all, plus college showcases on top of that.

Instead, one team left the club and moved to VOB. No leagues whatsoever were entered in the fall. Over half the practices got cancelled. And only one team worth of kids were sent to most of the college showcases, consisting mostly of just the former Mt Sinai Bronco's girls, leaving half the players with no games whatsoever most weekends. Oh yeah, and everyone had to pay extra for NY Surf uniforms because of a mid-fall switch from Rush to Surf, right after many of the new girls already purchased their new Rush uniforms. And these kids left behind on these tournaments were expected to kick in the same amount of money as everyone else to pay the coaches who were attending tournaments with the former Bronco's girls.

And what do they tell everyone late fall? That they were going to try bringing in the HBC Impact girls to be the "top" team, supplemented with a few of the best former Mt Sinai Bronco's girls, relegating even more players to secondary status. And there were meetings where they talked about maybe skipping playing in any leagues again in the spring so that they could concentrate on college showcases, where of course the bottom half of players would often be left behind.

I can't speak to the rest of the club but that is what happened to the 99/00 girls.

We left the situation last summer but our friends daughter is still there and pretty much the same thing happened to them this past fall with no league games, limited tournament play, high costs and tons of cancelled practices. A lot of money was spent to not really be a part of anything.

I would like to stress that MN is actually a very good coach and means well. But his administrative skills are terrible and the players/parents often have no idea what is going on with their teams from week to week.

Comment

Take the oldest girls for example.

Last year they were told there would be a big player pool and teams would be entered in four different leagues so that there would be plenty of playing time for all, plus college showcases on top of that.

Instead, one team left the club and moved to VOB. No leagues whatsoever were entered in the fall. Over half the practices got cancelled. And only one team worth of kids were sent to most of the college showcases, consisting mostly of just the former Mt Sinai Bronco's girls, leaving half the players with no games whatsoever most weekends. Oh yeah, and everyone had to pay extra for NY Surf uniforms because of a mid-fall switch from Rush to Surf, right after many of the new girls already purchased their new Rush uniforms. And these kids left behind on these tournaments were expected to kick in the same amount of money as everyone else to pay the coaches who were attending tournaments with the former Bronco's girls.

And what do they tell everyone late fall? That they were going to try bringing in the HBC Impact girls to be the "top" team, supplemented with a few of the best former Mt Sinai Bronco's girls, relegating even more players to secondary status. And there were meetings where they talked about maybe skipping playing in any leagues again in the spring so that they could concentrate on college showcases, where of course the bottom half of players would often be left behind.

I can't speak to the rest of the club but that is what happened to the 99/00 girls.

We left the situation last summer but our friends daughter is still there and pretty much the same thing happened to them this past fall with no league games, limited tournament play, high costs and tons of cancelled practices. A lot of money was spent to not really be a part of anything.

I would like to stress that MN is actually a very good coach and means well. But his administrative skills are terrible and the players/parents often have no idea what is going on with their teams from week to week.
          Trust me the boys side is worse. It’s actually comical the way it’s run at SB. We left last year with entire age group, best move yet. MN may be a good trainer, but runs the club into shambles. One day his merger ideas will work. Dilly Dilly

Comment

“See you in the arch cup!!!!”

Comment

I hear the Suffolk county district attorneys office is looking into stonybrook soccer club.
              Board of directors could be indicted this week.
              Embezzlement and fraud charges.

Comment

I hear the Suffolk county district attorneys office is looking into stonybrook soccer club.
                Fake news?

Comment

You seem like the kind of person who would have inside knowledge of a criminal investigation.

To my knowledge the only embezzlement happening at SB the past few years involve taking the most talented girls from SB and moving them to Surf by the DOC.

If anyone can explain that conflicted relationship please feel free to expound on it here.

Comment

HOW IS STILL EVEN A CLUB???
                    Pack it in.

Comment

The only rumor I have heard recently about Stony Brook that I think has an inkling of truth to it is that they are trying to mend fences with Sachem. What that ends up turning into, I have no idea.

Comment

The only rumor I have heard recently about Stony Brook that I think has an inkling of truth to it is that they are trying to mend fences with Sachem. What that ends up turning into, I have no idea.
                        Sachem Brook = C+

Comment

Sachem Brook = C+
                          Sachem lost even more teams over the winter and most dropped down divisions, so I wouldn't laugh at that possibility.

Comment

Sachem lost even more teams over the winter and most dropped down divisions, so I wouldn't laugh at that possibility.
                            Sachem Boys Side

U19 - No Team
                            U17 - No Team
                            U16 - No Team
                            U15 - 4E (1 win in fall)
                            U14 - No Team
                            U13 - No Team
                            U12 - 4E (2 wins in fall)
                            U11 - S5 (1 win in fall)
                            U10 - S1, S3, S5 (the one strong division for them)
                            U9 - S Blue, S White (2 wins and 3 wins in fall respectively)

That's pretty brutal for what was once a massive club. The girls side is a bit better but still a far drop from where they were even 2 years ago.

Comment

Sachem Boys Side

U19 - No Team
                              U17 - No Team
                              U16 - No Team
                              U15 - 4E (1 win in fall)
                              U14 - No Team
                              U13 - No Team
                              U12 - 4E (2 wins in fall)
                              U11 - S5 (1 win in fall)
                              U10 - S1, S3, S5 (the one strong division for them)
                              U9 - S Blue, S White (2 wins and 3 wins in fall respectively)

That's pretty brutal for what was once a massive club. The girls side is a bit better but still a far drop from where they were even 2 years ago.
                              Isn’t that because Lips raided the entire club to fill rosters at Smithtown?

Comment

Isn’t that because Lips raided the entire club to fill rosters at Smithtown?
                                LIPS, you mean the trainers that are ruining Smithtown.... The crashed Sachem and they they are slowly causing Smithtown players to bail and find professional training with other teams.. They are forcing parents to run to SUSA type clubs...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X