NEFC Money Grab GO BM!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEFC west has provided needs based scholarships to quite a few families that I know of whose children otherwise wouldn't be able to play. Good players and good kids. NEFC is a good club IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Has anyone ever looked at NEFC's tax filings? I would assume not many but it's not that hard to find. They have more than enough free cash to help out the needy. They said half the money raised will go back to each region. It doesn't say how that money will be spent. My guess they put it towards a NEFC run tournament so the money all stays in house.
      I wonder if they will say how much the raised and how much each region gets?
      I'm thinking no on that.
      also how do you think this money is going tonight to help the inner city youth with soccer? I'm thinking they'll send a coach some where in Boston and run a few clinics and call it a day. Every club has said they want to expand club soccer to the inner city I haven't seen many succeed or really try.
      I think the top people will probably an extra 10k out of this.

Here's what they should have when signing up ask each parent if they would/could donate an extra 100 going to help fund the inner city program. Or just add 100 on the the yearly tuition.
      Don’t forget, they have the Boston Breakers to support. The truly needed in this case.

Comment

A true advocate for pay to play a nonprofit. Nice. You might want to grow a brain.
        ?? Is there a typo in your post? Guess I need to grow a brain to understand it.

poster said two simple things
        1) Players that truly make a difference pay a different fee
        2) For the rest of us, its an experience*. One that we pay for

I agree with him on both those points. Do you have another perspective, or do you just need to call someone dumb?

* I have posted in the past that I think club soccer is (should be) funded from disposable income. It is not an essential need. Access to high quality soccer coaching is not the same as access to quality education, healthcare, nutrition, shelter, and a safe home. Therefore, club soccer is a Luxury.

Despite all the posting, I still can not connect why the For/Non-profit status should matter when judging providers of a Luxury Service. Am I getting the experience I am paying for? That's the only question I need to answer.

Comment

Luxury brands are about image, and people that personify that image get sponsored. The rest of us pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            ?? Is there a typo in your post? Guess I need to grow a brain to understand it.

poster said two simple things
            1) Players that truly make a difference pay a different fee
            2) For the rest of us, its an experience*. One that we pay for

I agree with him on both those points. Do you have another perspective, or do you just need to call someone dumb?

* I have posted in the past that I think club soccer is (should be) funded from disposable income. It is not an essential need. Access to high quality soccer coaching is not the same as access to quality education, healthcare, nutrition, shelter, and a safe home. Therefore, club soccer is a Luxury.

Despite all the posting, I still can not connect why the For/Non-profit status should matter when judging providers of a Luxury Service. Am I getting the experience I am paying for? That's the only question I need to answer.
            NEFC is a luxury service? That's an interesting tale.

Comment

That's EXACTLY what it is.
              If you see it otherwise, make your case

Comment

That's EXACTLY what it is.
                If you see it otherwise, make your case
                Not the OP but this may explain the problem with youth soccer and our national teams.

Comment

Lmaof at this thread. Bernie Sanders meets youth soccer is all that this thread is. The bottom line is if your kid has talent and drive, none of this matters because all of the clubs literally fall all over themselves trying to give it to you for free. If you aren’t getting those opportunities offered to you, you might want to focus on whether your kid is having a good time and is enjoying the overall experience because that’s all that soccer is going to be about for your family. Nobody owes you or your kid more than what you are paying for and if you can’t afford that you might want to check your priorities then.
                  BTNT defending NEFC. Who knew?

Comment

Not the OP but this may explain the problem with youth soccer and our national teams.
                    "May" ? it 100% explains it.
                    Dramatic difference between what is ideal and what actually is.

What would be Ideal is that US Soccer aligns USYS, USCS, State orgs, leagues and clubs. They all share goal to increase access to quality coaching for all, and offer inclusive experiences. Players from all over are regularly identified and given growth and development opportunities. These opportunities are funded by contributions from a variety of wealthy private sector entities (individuals, pro-team, and soccer brands). This process also knows that there are late-bloomers, and gives them a fair shot. Clubs offer supplemental training that prepares players for the One Funnel process. Parents are happy their kids play locally and content to let their children's fate be decided by the respected owners of the One Funnel process.

Do you really need me to write the What Actually Is story? You know, the one where parents want to buy their children whatever advantage they can, clubs form their own differentiated leagues, and everyone cares about college far more than any National Team.

I stand by my claim: Club soccer in the US is a Luxury Service paid for by upper middle class families. The clubs are smart enough to sponsor a few lower-income players that have an impact. With W's come Waiting Lists.

Comment

Please stop. 99% of kids play soccer to have fun and their parents want them to get some excise. Stop the nonsense of making to the national team.

"May" ? it 100% explains it.
                      Dramatic difference between what is ideal and what actually is.

What would be Ideal is that US Soccer aligns USYS, USCS, State orgs, leagues and clubs. They all share goal to increase access to quality coaching for all, and offer inclusive experiences. Players from all over are regularly identified and given growth and development opportunities. These opportunities are funded by contributions from a variety of wealthy private sector entities (individuals, pro-team, and soccer brands). This process also knows that there are late-bloomers, and gives them a fair shot. Clubs offer supplemental training that prepares players for the One Funnel process. Parents are happy their kids play locally and content to let their children's fate be decided by the respected owners of the One Funnel process.

Do you really need me to write the What Actually Is story? You know, the one where parents want to buy their children whatever advantage they can, clubs form their own differentiated leagues, and everyone cares about college far more than any National Team.

I stand by my claim: Club soccer in the US is a Luxury Service paid for by upper middle class families. The clubs are smart enough to sponsor a few lower-income players that have an impact. With W's come Waiting Lists.

Comment

LOL. What do you think the DA and ECNL are exactly, mission critical services?

Comment

Please stop. 99% of kids play soccer to have fun and their parents want them to get some excise. Stop the nonsense of making to the national team.
                          OMG are you delusional, what planet are you on? That might be the case with town soccer but club soccer is all about keeping up with the Jones'. Bottom line is you don't need club soccer if your goal is for your kid to have some fun and get some exercise. Club soccer is over kill if that's all you are looking for.

Comment

NEFC is not the only club "requiring" the "members' to sell raffle tickets on the auspices that the proceeds are intended to fund "scholarships". The Bolts are doing something similar. They never really clarify the criteria for who is needy and who is not. I question whether the proceeds are used to offset travel expenses of the academy teams because they don't want to ask these kids to pay more than the kids who are not on these teams. Is it just another way for the rank and file teams to fund the academy teams?

If they want to have a raffle to help kids who can't normally pay that is fine - but I don't think there should be mandatory participation. If you need an additional $100 from each kid just raise the price - and put the money aside to fund whatever you want. The parents can then judge whether the club is worth the additional cost.

It seems to me the Attorney General's office should be looking into this practice.

Comment

OMG are you delusional, what planet are you on? That might be the case with town soccer but club soccer is all about keeping up with the Jones'. Bottom line is you don't need club soccer if your goal is for your kid to have some fun and get some exercise. Club soccer is over kill if that's all you are looking for.
                              Order yourself two extra large pepperoni's, BTNT.

Comment

Has anyone ever looked at NEFC's tax filings? I would assume not many but it's not that hard to find. They have more than enough free cash to help out the needy. They said half the money raised will go back to each region. It doesn't say how that money will be spent. My guess they put it towards a NEFC run tournament so the money all stays in house.
                                I wonder if they will say how much the raised and how much each region gets?
                                I'm thinking no on that.
                                also how do you think this money is going tonight to help the inner city youth with soccer? I'm thinking they'll send a coach some where in Boston and run a few clinics and call it a day. Every club has said they want to expand club soccer to the inner city I haven't seen many succeed or really try.
                                I think the top people will probably an extra 10k out of this.

Here's what they should have when signing up ask each parent if they would/could donate an extra 100 going to help fund the inner city program. Or just add 100 on the the yearly tuition.
                                Can you post the link to the filings?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X