Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Seriously, the men’s game in the the US is a joke. Just about every player playing the game here would never even be on a team elsewhere in the world. All you have here is the dweebs playing others dweebs.
    Nobody cares about girls soccer outside of parents supporting their own children. Once they hit 18 nobody cares. There isn't enough support to pay the best women's players more than 40k

Comment

Skippy .., Soccer from around the world is shown live here in the US and plenty of Muricans watch it
      Lol. Operative word is watch. Sux when you aren’t good enough to actually play. Face it, no one wants an American trained player.

Comment

Nobody cares about girls soccer outside of parents supporting their own children. Once they hit 18 nobody cares. There isn't enough support to pay the best women's players more than 40k
        Doesn’t describe my daughters situation at all. She got a very large scholarship to a top ranked university. Had a great career and ended up with no debt. Then played overseas for a couple of years. Didn’t make oh my god money but made commensurate with what her average classmates where making in their first jobs. Now she’s back and in grad school. Know she would not have traded any of it.

Comment

Doesn’t describe my daughters situation at all. She got a very large scholarship to a top ranked university. Had a great career and ended up with no debt. Then played overseas for a couple of years. Didn’t make oh my god money but made commensurate with what her average classmates where making in their first jobs. Now she’s back and in grad school. Know she would not have traded any of it.
          That's nice she had a good career in the game, but you just supported the argument that only parents care

Comment

That's nice she had a good career in the game, but you just supported the argument that only parents care
            Think anyone cares about anyone else’s kid? Thing is bet more people haves watched girls like that play soccer over their career than just about every boy around here.

Comment

Lol. Operative word is watch. Sux when you aren’t good enough to actually play. Face it, no one wants an American trained player.
              Tell that to the Germans. Americans are playing in Bundesliga

Comment

That education cost you a lot though.

Comment

They pay more overseas, even for the women. Several of our NT players went over there rather than slog it out here and work two other jobs. Good for her but your daughter's story is not at all the norm.

Comment

If his kid graduated with no debt then the OP can either help his D out with grad school or she can take out loans herself without going further into debt. Graduating debt free from undergrad is a beautiful thing

Comment

If his kid graduated with no debt then the OP can either help his D out with grad school or she can take out loans herself without going further into debt. Graduating debt free from undergrad is a beautiful thing
                      I think he was talking about the soccer.

Comment

Our share was than what you would pay now for a semester. Add in the life experience from her college days and years abroad and we feel that she got a million dollar education. Landed in a top ranked grad school to boot. Nothing but smiles in our house.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X