•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well deserved and recognized. "
    -------------------------------------

My point was that she was selected more due to her HS. If Grillakis scored 34 g for Newton North do you think she would be MVP? The Globe states that they "select by the sports staff."
    If she scored 34 goals for the 2013 undefeated State Champion NN Team = YES !!!!
    If she scored 105 goals on this years NN team = NO
    If she scored 34 goals on this years underwhelming Cental Catholic private $chool = NO

Bay State Bob

Comment

No disrespect to AR but we all know EG was the best player there.

Also are you saying that EG or AR didn't deserve MVP cause the league sucked? 7 of the 8 will play soccer in college. The other D1 college in another sport. So unless the college coaches have no clue sounds like these players are pretty good whether the league sucked or not.
      Let me be clear. Central Catholic was the best team in their league and in the north(choke job not withstanding). EG is a great player. The league they play in is weak, so weak that half of centrals team are “all stars”. It sounds like your upset if anyone else gets any recognition besides her. 7 or 8 will not play D1. 2 will and that’s if AR recovers from her unfortunate injury. They were co mvps because league didn’t think one was better than the other.

Comment

She’s not on either list which should tell you something. Sometimes a player will get overlooked on one or the other but being left off both the Globe and Herald is telling.
        Telling of what?

Stats are what they are, I think in HS girls soccer stats are bogus based on playing a different caliber of opposition, but they are big numbers and it seems to me that being verbally committed to play at BC is somewhat validating of her ability. I thought it was a pretty surprising omission.

Comment

Great player? or great HS player. There is a huge difference.

Comment

Well deserved and recognized. "

My point was that she was selected more due to her HS. If Grillakis scored 34 g for Newton North do you think she would be MVP? The Globe states that they "select by the sports staff."
            Parents/Adults ??? get all wound up about individual awards.
            The kids will take a State Championship any time.
            NN had a recent player who was a starter on a Pac -12 team.
            Never made any HS All- Star teams at NN.
            Not even Carey conference All -Star.

Bay State Bob

Comment

Parents/Adults ??? get all wound up about individual awards.
              The kids will take a State Championship any time.
              NN had a recent player who was a starter on a Pac -12 team.
              Never made any HS All- Star teams at NN.
              Not even Carey conference All -Star.

Bay State Bob
              This was sort of my point regarding Cavino. They definitely make mistakes for any number of reasons, from the coaches associations to the newspaper, these individual awards seem to be a rough guess at best or political nonsense at worst.

Comment

Let me be clear. Central Catholic was the best team in their league and in the north(choke job not withstanding). EG is a great player. The league they play in is weak, so weak that half of centrals team are “all stars”. It sounds like your upset if anyone else gets any recognition besides her. 7 or 8 will not play D1. 2 will and that’s if AR recovers from her unfortunate injury. They were co mvps because league didn’t think one was better than the other.
                I think you have reading comprehension problems. To me it sounds like you're the one bashing CC. The poster said the 8 deserved to be All stars. You're the one discrediting them cause the league is weak.

FYI 3 are D1, 2 are D2, 1 D3, 1 D1 another sport, other 1 only sophomore.

Comment

I think you have reading comprehension problems. To me it sounds like you're the one bashing CC. The poster said the 8 deserved to be All stars. You're the one discrediting them cause the league is weak.

What a bunch of losers and scum bags talking about 18 year old girls. Get a life !!

Whoever got D1 player deserves it, girls don't care so you shouldn't care.

Comment

What a bunch of losers and scum bags talking about 18 year old girls. Get a life !!

Is this news to you? Everyone on TS is a scumbag loser. Including you!

Comment

People are having a discussion. What is a forum for? Nobody has posted a single bad word about any 18 year old. You're the problem with society today.

Comment

If they played in a stronger league they would not have 8 all stars. One great player, one very good player the rest all good players but wouldn't be all stars if they played in a more competitive league.

Comment

If they played in a stronger league they would not have 8 all stars. One great player, one very good player the rest all good players but wouldn't be all stars if they played in a more competitive league.
                          Thanks coach

Comment

You can say that about nearly every league...take a look at Bay State...

Comment

You can say that about nearly every league...take a look at Bay State...
                              And which league doles out 8 all stars to one team?

Comment

And which league doles out 8 all stars to one team?
                                You see them play?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X