Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Give it another year and non GDA kids won't even get looks let alone invites. They don't need to announce anything formally - actions peak louder than words
    Why do they take players from outside the DA on the boy's side?

Comment

Top dogs like slammers, socal, tophat, hawks, etc are in DA. So...

Comment

I can speak to specific cases where they have not. And my kid is in the YNT pool so .....
        I’m not going to speculate with an anonymous poster what the NT may or may directed their kid to do. My kid is in the pool as well. She was told flat out, do the DA and No high school soccer. We all should recognize that everyone’s situation is different and just because one player was told that they had to do the DA that doesn’t mean everyone’s kid got the same message.

Comment

I’m not going to speculate with an anonymous poster what the NT may or may directed their kid to do. My kid is in the pool as well. She was told flat out, do the DA and No high school soccer. We all should recognize that everyone’s situation is different and just because one player was told that they had to do the DA that doesn’t mean everyone’s kid got the same message.
          Given the very limited # of NT pool participants in these parts, there sure are a high percentage of parent posters here.

Comment

Yep. i agree. it was not universal. I think it will be soon .

Comment

That is consistent with the herd mentality in youth soccer. if the core stays, they all stay. Not so sure that its whats best for development but in reality you can get in to College with Soccer (as a girl) without necessarily maximizing your talent.

A clearer development pyramid would improve out National teams, but does not really change the College track for the majority. This means that take up of the GDA will be ad hoc. If the USSF really want to force the issue, they should immediately tell all YNT players that GDA is required ( subject to proximity) or forget selection. Tell the GDA Clubs that the cost must be no reater than the player s are currently paying in the ECNL and ehy wills ubsidize any difference. Once you do that, it makes the USSF pathway pretty clear.

The people in charge of the USSF need to be a lot more aggressive if they want to be the clear #1 developmental choice.
              Good luck with that.

The DA is a dog, and that reality is sinking in.

Comment

A clearer development pyramid would improve out National teams, but does not really change the College track for the majority.
                This statement is true only if the top layers of the pyramid improve their skill levels substantially.

Segregating the chosen few and following the current 3 to 4 hour and a half practices a week isn't gonna improve our top national teams.

Comment

This statement is true only if the top layers of the pyramid improve their skill levels substantially.

Segregating the chosen few and following the current 3 to 4 hour and a half practices a week isn't gonna improve our top national teams.
                  A clearer dev path would absolutely improve our National teams. i dont think i said that path has to look like the GDA /DA.

Comment

Good luck with that.

The DA is a dog, and that reality is sinking in.
                    I think the point is its ALL a dog currently if the goal is improving our better players. the only goal being consistently achieved is emptying parents wallets

Comment

That has nothing to do with a system and everything to do with the individual clubs and players within them. I’ve read several times over the past year how BDA clubs like the revs had to scale back practices because the kids weren’t showing up. You can have the best system in the world but if no one is interested in putting in the work to be great how can you blame the system?

Comment

That has nothing to do with a system and everything to do with the individual clubs and players within them. I’ve read several times over the past year how BDA clubs like the revs had to scale back practices because the kids weren’t showing up. You can have the best system in the world but if no one is interested in putting in the work to be great how can you blame the system?
                        Other way around - its the Revs that scaled back the practices. I don't know about other clubs, but four times/week is a lot for many families, especially if they've got longer distances to travel. With the Revs there's weak coaching by coaches who don't care to be there. They cheap out on everything they can. When the club doesn't care it makes it harder for the players and families to care.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X