Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which club runs the strongest internal GK training?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which club runs the strongest internal GK training?

Not looking for a conversation about “private Gk training”
    Club sponsored training/developers/hands on coaching that is included with my tuition. We are not happy this year so looking for honest answers. Coaches please no upselling your product.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's your first mistake.

Comment

Club sponsored training/developers/hands on coaching that is included with my tuition. We are not happy this year so looking for honest answers. Coaches please no upselling your product.
      Matt at the Stars is the most consistent I have seen

Comment

Does Nefc have any coaches like Matt, the drive to Lancaster is out of reach.

Comment

That's your first mistake.
          Some people can't afford hours of private training and certainly not all private trainers are worth what they charge. Small group training also let's the trainer do things he can't one on one. Finding a club with good GK training is a worthwhile pursuit.

Comment

PL at Breakers NS gets points

Comment

My kid isn't a full time keeper, but he has really liked working with Vasily at Valeo. If I had a keeper younger than U12, that is where I would put him. I haven't seen a club do better technical training at the younger ages so the regular sessions will be great for his foot skills.

For U12+, I have no idea other than a DA team.

Comment

My kid isn't a full time keeper, but he has really liked working with Vasily at Valeo. If I had a keeper younger than U12, that is where I would put him. I haven't seen a club do better technical training at the younger ages so the regular sessions will be great for his foot skills.

For U12+, I have no idea other than a DA team.
                Outstanding GK coach.

Comment

South Shore Select has an excellent in house keeper coach named Jay. He started with the club this year I believe and has done wonders with the younger kids who play the position.

Comment

Some people can't afford hours of private training and certainly not all private trainers are worth what they charge.
                    As opposed to the value and quality of club? It all depends on why the parent is spending the money and what the player wants to achieve, but if there's any commitment by the latter and belief by the former that it will amount to something like being the #1 for a varsity team or beyond, then it might make sense to reevaluate the budget and priorities and find a way for private GK training. In my experience it is a far superior value and return on investment for GK development than anything available.

Comment

Thanks Matt. do you know anyone else?

Comment

As opposed to the value and quality of club? It all depends on why the parent is spending the money and what the player wants to achieve, but if there's any commitment by the latter and belief by the former that it will amount to something like being the #1 for a varsity team or beyond, then it might make sense to reevaluate the budget and priorities and find a way for private GK training. In my experience it is a far superior value and return on investment for GK development than anything available.
                        You need a club to play for right? You can't just do GK training and become a good GK. Clubs have trainers that you're already paying for one way or the other, so why not find a club that has the best GK training? Particularly if a player is U14 or younger spending big $ on private training should wait until you know for sure if the kid has potential and that is what/he she really wants.

Or are you just the TS troll whose constant theme is - if your kid isn't top D1 or NT you're throwing your money away

Comment

A. You need a club to play for right? You can't just do GK training and become a good GK.

B. Clubs have trainers that you're already paying for one way or the other, so why not find a club that has the best GK training?

C. Particularly if a player is U14 or younger spending big $ on private training should wait until you know for sure if the kid has potential and that is what/he she really wants.

D. Or are you just the TS troll whose constant theme is - if your kid isn't top D1 or NT you're throwing your money away
                          A. We could debate that, but you're suggesting something I wasn't implying.

B. Sure, no one argued against it, but depending on the situation, "Dime-a-Dozen FC has a great GK coach" isn't a very good value or enough. You could play 1st team at twice the cost of 3rd team when it's all said and done and check your Club GK Coach box either way, but one precludes adding outside/private GK training that could, possibly, make all the difference for the GK on the 3rd team as compared to the GK on the 1st team. <sarcasm>But hey, the 1st team GK has all the status playing for that team, so it's worth it, right? </sarcasm>

Are you following me yet?

C. Big $? See above. I've seen parents spend big $ contradicting this reasonable "until you know for sure" point just to be at a certain club or on a certain team with marginal development benefit to their kid, meanwhile the clock is ticking. So we could debate this idea that what I'm suggesting is Bigger $ than the Big $ being spent, or maybe we could agree that I'm thinking about the process and the budgeting of dollars for developing a GK in a completely different way than the consumer/parent so that the player benefit FAR MORE than the club's bank account or the parent's ego.

Are you following me yet?

D. Not in the least, quite the contrary, you must have me pegged for someone else.

Comment

Private training is Small $ and the best money in the pay-to-play world that a parent can spend on actual development time and convenience.

Comment

NEFC just look at the NT pool of keepers

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X