Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls 03 Rankings

Feels a little young to start this thread, but since there has already been a good amount of discussion of one of these teams, maybe it is time to broaden the discussion.

Has Revolution played OYSA-champs BSC at this age? Who are the other strong teams in OPL at this age?
    Last edited by Slow Xavi; 05-11-2015, 11:34 AM.

Originally posted by Slow Xavi View Post
    Feels a little young to start this thread, but since there has already been a good amount of discussion of one of these teams, maybe it is time to broaden the discussion.

Has Revolution played OYSA-champs BSC at this age? Who are the other strong teams in OPL at this age?
    Are you kidding? I was looking at coaches for an old club of ours and they listed the teams they are coaching and some coaches had teams as young as 08. It's really weird to see 06, 07 and 08 listed under coaches. But yes, in some parts of the country, clubs put together five and six year old teams.

Comment

Lastplanet already has the stats.

Pacific, THUSC (OPL) BSC, Westside TS (OYSA). The only caveat in the ranking comes in the class of opponent played in fall and winter. Those 2 OPL teams played NWCL and PacNW Winter Showcase in Seattle and took some extra losses against tough competition while BSC and TS remained unscathed in OYSA Fall/Spring. So the rankings might be a little skewed towards BSC/TS because of that. But still its really close amongst those teams.

Post tryouts and with some summer tournaments coming up its going to get settled as I am sure there will be some head to head matchups. If they combine leagues its really going to be good.

Comment

Some clubs? Don't all clubs have teams starting at kindergarten? Our youngest did the spring league this year and it seemed like a lot of clubs participated, and its hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Pacific, THUSC (OPL) BSC, Westside TS (OYSA). The only caveat in the ranking comes in the class of opponent played in fall and winter. Those 2 OPL teams played NWCL and PacNW Winter Showcase in Seattle and took some extra losses against tough competition while BSC and TS remained unscathed in OYSA Fall/Spring. So the rankings might be a little skewed towards BSC/TS because of that. But still its really close amongst those teams.

Post tryouts and with some summer tournaments coming up its going to get settled as I am sure there will be some head to head matchups. If they combine leagues its really going to be good.
          The LastPlanet rankings don't include most of the state cup games but are otherwise up-to-date for WA/OR/ID teams playing games in WA/OR/ID. Other than G01, they tend not to include games played outside of those 3 states - not impossible to add but we are only 2 people so we tend to focus more on the age groups that interest us most :)

Comment

Thank you. Curious to see some editorial outside of the Lastplanet rankings. I am not sure that teams are hurt overall playing NWCL or other tough tournaments in those rankings (sure they get some losses, but strength of schedule helps).

Some clubs? Don't all clubs have teams starting at kindergarten? Our youngest did the spring league this year and it seemed like a lot of clubs participated, and its hilarious!
            Think the DA leagues in general are doing a good job . . . once a kid has exposure to that finding it very hard to go back to rec (although know some who have gone back, it is the exception).

Are you kidding? I was looking at coaches for an old club of ours and they listed the teams they are coaching and some coaches had teams as young as 08. It's really weird to see 06, 07 and 08 listed under coaches. But yes, in some parts of the country, clubs put together five and six year old teams.
            I felt a little uneasy starting this thread . . . feel really uneasy constantly seeing the Revolution thread popping up in this forum . . . folks are putting time and energy into the youngsters so thought it made sense to broader the discussion.

As for how young is too young - don't know, but California and Washington have u10 state cups. I'm not sure we have the perfect balance here in the metro area between age-appropriate and competitiveness.

Comment

It's far beyond anything you see local here. They put together teams and train at night two nights per week and play in leagues year round - fall and spring outdoor, winter indoor and futsal and during breaks, they play in tournaments.

Comment

Why feel uneasy? 03's now U12. It is no different than when the 00,01,02 threads started. U12 is when you start seeing some separation and formation of the teams coming up. It only seems weird because most of the nutballs on this thread are veterans of the 01 and 00 and 02s and are afraid that the 03's thread is going to steal their thunder. Welcome all new 03 nutballs!!!

Comment

Why feel uneasy? 03's now U12. It is no different than when the 00,01,02 threads started. U12 is when you start seeing some separation and formation of the teams coming up. It only seems weird because most of the nutballs on this thread are veterans of the 01 and 00 and 02s and are afraid that the 03's thread is going to steal their thunder. Welcome all new 03 nutballs!!!
                  The G01 thread is over 3 years old now so you're a year late starting this one...

Comment

I would add Washington Timbers to that as well. Looks like they are in NWCL and hanging in there in 3rd in OYSA.

Comment

I would add Washington Timbers to that as well. Looks like they are in NWCL and hanging in there in 3rd in OYSA.
                      So once again FC is going to have to do some serious recruiting to get out of the basement of this age bracket. Just wait though, the lemmings will come and bail them out just like their 02's! The question is why and how long??

Comment

So once again FC is going to have to do some serious recruiting to get out of the basement of this age bracket. Just wait though, the lemmings will come and bail them out just like their 02's! The question is why and how long??
                        The development at FC is recruitment enough. The parents of top athletes from other clubs see it and want their DD's to experience it as well so they join up. It's too bad that more clubs don't worry about developing players but, really, what can you expect from a bunch of TA bootballers?

Comment

The development at FC is recruitment enough. The parents of top athletes from other clubs see it and want their DD's to experience it as well so they join up. It's too bad that more clubs don't worry about developing players but, really, what can you expect from a bunch of TA bootballers?
                          If they were so great at developing early talent why do their younger age groups struggle so much until the outside recruits show up??? Why aren't the 03's competitive now before recruiting kicks in?

Comment

If they were so great at developing early talent why do their younger age groups struggle so much until the outside recruits show up??? Why aren't the 03's competitive now before recruiting kicks in?
                            I'll take this one. My DD didn't play for FC early, but does now, ECNL. We never lost to a FC team from U10 to U14. We were known as a well coached, technical team, but we rarely worked on technical development. I can easily say that my DD and the other players that have moved on to different clubs were behind technically. I have 2 more DD's that will be going through youth soccer, and I will be making sure they play for teams and in clubs that are placing technical development over wins early on.

Comment

So you are assuming that all of FC youngsters who start off in FC Junior academy graduate to core starters later on at FC ECNL or High School due to the "technical development" focus.

But what people are questioning is whether or not those you FC academy kids and u10-U14 kids end up being the primary starters on FC's older teams. What seems to observed is that FC supplants their own kids with outside talent and then focus on developing that talent.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X