Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Haha, when did I get offended? Yout the one on here bashing your kids club and making remarks about the intellectuality of people you don’t know. My point was that there are many options to choose from. If someone’s not happy with a club of the level of play they should have no problem finding a better fit. Not DR/DC. Bash on!
    Didn’t really bash it though, just stated the fact that most AVSC teams are weak based on their low finishes in NEP. If that hurts you, I am truly sorry. I hope you feel better!!!

Comment

Abbey Villa makes clear what their priorities are and it's not winning. Where would kids learn more? Winning every game or being in the bottom 1/2 of their group? Team shouldn't be getting blown out. They're in the wrong place if they are but I wouldn't read too much into Fall standings. Match results up to every other club out there (over time) and then you'll have some data to work with. Plucking standings out for one group/season is meaningless and if you are trying to make judgments based on that you likely have an agenda.

Comment

Abbey Villa makes clear what their priorities are and it's not winning. Where would kids learn more? Winning every game or being in the bottom 1/2 of their group? Team shouldn't be getting blown out. They're in the wrong place if they are but I wouldn't read too much into Fall standings. Match results up to every other club out there (over time) and then you'll have some data to work with. Plucking standings out for one group/season is meaningless and if you are trying to make judgments based on that you likely have an agenda.
        One of their teams scored 2 goals and let in 76. Think that tells you a lot.

Comment

Thanks DR/DC. Nonsense once again .

Comment

Not with A/V. I find it refreshing when a club puts development before winning. You don't see that often.

Regarding standings: many clubs pull multiple A team players down to help B teams in lower brackets. Lots of B teams are low on numbers. I know bc I've seen it happen with my kids club. Heck, I even had a DOC ask if players from were able to help an age group a year younger.

This stuff happens all the time. I don't know if refs don't check rosters, passcards, etc. Or if coaches lie. But I think it's a crap system.

Comment

Not with A/V. I find it refreshing when a club puts development before winning. You don't see that often.

Regarding standings: many clubs pull multiple A team players down to help B teams in lower brackets. Lots of B teams are low on numbers. I know bc I've seen it happen with my kids club. Heck, I even had a DOC ask if players from were able to help an age group a year younger.

This stuff happens all the time. I don't know if refs don't check rosters, passcards, etc. Or if coaches lie. But I think it's a crap system.
              Or they will officially roster top players on the lower squads and then just play them up.
              No club passes will fix that crap. Only 1 or 2 guest players limit.

A/V has some coaches who feels so strongly about the development of the players, right or wrong, that they will continue to teach a tactic, such as playing out of the back (overrated)
              even when being abused by the opposing team.
              Not sure that is always the right way-mixed feelings.

Comment

A/V has some coaches who feels so strongly about the development of the players, right or wrong, that they will continue to teach a tactic, such as playing out of the back (overrated)
                even when being abused by the opposing team.
                Not sure that is always the right way-mixed feelings.
                Parent of a different club, I too get frustrated when my team plays a stronger faster team and coach demands playing out of the back on every possession. I'd say, mix it up and let the others team formation dictate how to play it out. If the other team has their fast forwards playing up high, why give them an easy chance for a steal and goal scoring attempt. GK has many options to distribute the ball, why limit them? Ditto for backs. If the other team runs back to defend long balls, then you play possession out of the back. Kids have to learn and play more than one style.

Comment

Parent of a different club, I too get frustrated when my team plays a stronger faster team and coach demands playing out of the back on every possession. I'd say, mix it up and let the others team formation dictate how to play it out. If the other team has their fast forwards playing up high, why give them an easy chance for a steal and goal scoring attempt. GK has many options to distribute the ball, why limit them? Ditto for backs. If the other team runs back to defend long balls, then you play possession out of the back. Kids have to learn and play more than one style.
                  Heaven forbid a coach is allowed to punt a ball out of the back without being accused of route 1.
                  It’s like not calling a diamond back 4 a stopper/sweeper formation.
                  Ignorants running the asylum...

Comment

Big news for those of you that don't seem to like AVSC for some reason. Now have 60 teams and are elite club .

http://www.facebook.com/Abbeyvillasc...58159757537849
                    Got an email from the club on Monday that listed all of the teams and there are 46. That's a far way off from 60

Comment

Got an email from the club on Monday that listed all of the teams and there are 46. That's a far way off from 60
                      Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Seriously who cares how many teams a club has? It should be about quality not quantity. The fact Abbey use how many teams they have as a selling point is pretty sad.

Comment

Seriously who cares how many teams a club has? It should be about quality not quantity. The fact Abbey use how many teams they have as a selling point is pretty sad.
                          Clearly Villa care about the number of teams and not the quality of those teams. More teams = more money for DR! When my d was there he always seemed more interested in the money than actually coaching her team. The practices were full of line drills and bored my d to death!

Comment

Clearly Villa care about the number of teams and not the quality of those teams. More teams = more money for DR! When my d was there he always seemed more interested in the money than actually coaching her team. The practices were full of line drills and bored my d to death!
                            Went to tryouts years ago. Heard DR talking with some coaches and they were having a contest about who could get more checks by the end of tryouts. While I know (and accept) it’s a business, a little bit of professionalism can go a long way.

Comment

Went to tryouts years ago. Heard DR talking with some coaches and they were having a contest about who could get more checks by the end of tryouts. While I know (and accept) it’s a business, a little bit of professionalism can go a long way.
                              I have son at AVSC and a daughter at NEFC/BBA. AVSC is much more expensive than NEFC and AVSC offer less. We've looked at a few clubs with my daughter before NEFC and AVSC is more expensive than any other, so it is no surprise to me that DR would say something like this.. Seems to be no reason for them to be so much more expensive than others

Comment

tell that to FCUSA... they think they are the best because they have grown in team numbers. the quality of 90% of their teams is poor but their the "fastest growing club" with crap staff

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X