Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think the point in Europe is to make money. I thought they do it by finding and creating world class players who can generate money for the club when they transfer or help the club to win and become more valuable.

How does finding and developing players here make money for the club? Can a club here get paid when a players they invested in transfers?
    CLubs are very limited on what they can make off players here. It's a very poor investment for them for the most part (not that they have a choice), even for the few that go pro.

Comment

complete hypocrasy

CLubs are very limited on what they can make off players here. It's a very poor investment for them for the most part (not that they have a choice), even for the few that go pro.
      Isn't that the conundrum.

Academies are for developing talent they never get "creds". Futile and shows in our lack of progress for 117 years.

time for wisening up

Comment

Isn't that the conundrum.

Academies are for developing talent they never get "creds". Futile and shows in our lack of progress for 117 years.

time for wisening up
        What would it matter. Our MLS academy recruits talent and then retards their progress.

Comment

Not a system

What would it matter. Our MLS academy recruits talent and then retards their progress.
          if they made $ producing them, that would be self defeating. As of now, it's just day-care for elites to score another mark on their college applications.

Comment

if they made $ producing them, that would be self defeating. As of now, it's just day-care for elites to score another mark on their college applications.
            sorry, after-school care and employment for nanny/drivers

Comment

I clicked on this thread thinking it would be about all the players leaving DA for private school. Oh well, just keep your head in the sand US Soccer.

Comment

I clicked on this thread thinking it would be about all the players leaving DA for private school. Oh well, just keep your head in the sand US Soccer.
                The future of US soccer will be residency academies to combine school and sport from a young age through HS and ? college.

The youth programs as we see it today is lacking in every aspect of any sport. Kids should be training daily....perhaps even twice a day with fitness and soccer.

Comment

The future of US soccer will be residency academies to combine school and sport from a young age through HS and ? college.

The youth programs as we see it today is lacking in every aspect of any sport. Kids should be training daily....perhaps even twice a day with fitness and soccer.
                  Agreed it is necessary, but clubs make so little off of players they develop and running programs would cost a fortune. I know a few clubs are starting them but I think it will be a long time before they all do, if ever. It certainly won't ever happen with the Revs unless they get sold to someone who wants to invest more than $5.

Comment

Sadly the local megaclub thinks "partnering" with a boarding school that costs more than most colleges is the answer.

Comment

Unless it is a mega club, someone is going to have to pay....at least until a connection is established between mega professional teams that are willing to pay for players i.e. what happens all over the rest of the world.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X