Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So they can have 8 or 9 ECNL guests players on a regional NEP team? Because that’s what we all saw.
    Sure. They can do whatever they want. That’s between the coach and players. Maybe a bunch of regional players couldn’t attend or maybe they were simply trying to win so they brought in stronger players. It happens a lot.

Comment

Eh, I’m not impartial as I have a kid on one of these teams. I haven’t seen NEFC DA play an actual match, but know some of the current and former players and watched a bit of the DA Id sessions and I’m not terribly impressed. SSS still has some talented players in DA from their AP team, but many left to play HS. Just not confident they are number 3 in this list with the turnover they had. Stars Blue is quality and plays possession and I’ve seen Scorpions play against them. They tend to play more direct.

If I had to be honest, my rankings would be 1. Stars Blue 2. NEFC DA 3. Scorpions 4. Stars White 5. SSS DA. I could be off on 2,3 and 4, but I don’t think I’m wrong on 1 and 5. Just my 2 cents.
      If you want to know where Scorpions ranks just check the Northeast standings...this year or last. And you will know, just like the rest of us know. Sorry to rain on your wishful thinking parade Scorps dad.

Comment

Not true. Saw Scorpions ECNL-RL players with ECNL badges on their sleeve playing last fall against NEP teams.
        The badges are slightly different. Probably trapped 8th graders if playing in fall.

Comment

If you want to know where Scorpions ranks just check the Northeast standings...this year or last. And you will know, just like the rest of us know. Sorry to rain on your wishful thinking parade Scorps dad.
          Guess your mom never taught you not to wrestle with pigs: everyone gets dirty and the pigs love it.

Anyway, if you’re from Stars, we’ll see you this Spring in league competition. If you’re not Stars, you have a chance to play us in the Scorpion Bowl tournament. No worries either way though, D is happy with her choice of club. Plenty of exposure to and interest from D1 college coaches which is the point of all this... or is this really about your ego and bragging rights at the office water cooler?

Comment

Rankings are for people that don’t know squat about soccer. Do you really think that college coaches ever check team rankings, before they go to check out a player? They are interested in PLAYERS. They are NOT INTERESTED IN TEAMS. Got soccer rankings are for parents to get their jollies, and brag to their friends about their kids.

Comment

Rankings are for people that don’t know squat about soccer. Do you really think that college coaches ever check team rankings, before they go to check out a player? They are interested in PLAYERS. They are NOT INTERESTED IN TEAMS. Got soccer rankings are for parents to get their jollies, and brag to their friends about their kids.
              Exactly, as is the entire "this team is better than this team" ******* contest or power ranking threads. The only ones who care are ones who aren't really paying attention.

Comment

Guess your mom never taught you not to wrestle with pigs: everyone gets dirty and the pigs love it.

Anyway, if you’re from Stars, we’ll see you this Spring in league competition. If you’re not Stars, you have a chance to play us in the Scorpion Bowl tournament. No worries either way though, D is happy with her choice of club. Plenty of exposure to and interest from D1 college coaches which is the point of all this... or is this really about your ego and bragging rights at the office water cooler?
                Ranks all the teams (ignores standings). Then says it's only about D's happiness and exposure. Then rank guy questions others ego. LOL

Comment

Ranks all the teams (ignores standings). Then says it's only about D's happiness and exposure. Then rank guy questions others ego. LOL
                  The question was asked and answered. How does your comment about Northeast ECNL rankings answer the question posted about all the MA teams that aren’t in ECNL? Oh wait, it doesn’t. You’re a tool.

Like I said, bring your team to Scorpion Bowl if you’re not in ECNL currently. You’ll get quite an education. If you are with Stars, it’s been discussed to death here: blue is A and white is B. Northeast ECNL standings prove that out. Scorps is generally mid table and above white in most cases.

Comment

I was countering the post denigrating Scorpions Regional team as the “3rd best” in MA. It’s a good NPL level team. The other teams posted are also good, but Gotsoccer rankings have their flaws and don’t account correctly for ECNL/DA teams.

As I stated above, I would put NEFC DA, FC Stars Blue (national), FC Stars White (national), Scorpions (national) and SSS DA in the top 5 (not necessarily in that order) and push the rest down accordingly and I think you would get closer to the truth.
                    I would counter that NPL is generally a 3rd or 4th rate league (at best) now with the onset of GDA ..... NPL is what premier used to be 3 years ago. Sorry, every new league waters down itself and every league around them.

Comment

I would counter that NPL is generally a 3rd or 4th rate league (at best) now with the onset of GDA ..... NPL is what premier used to be 3 years ago. Sorry, every new league waters down itself and every league around them.
                      Don’t disagree. There are good players and teams in NPL, but from what I’ve seen, ECNL and DA have a faster speed of play, higher level of athleticism, etc.

Comment

Don’t disagree. There are good players and teams in NPL, but from what I’ve seen, ECNL and DA have a faster speed of play, higher level of athleticism, etc.
                        I will always use the term "overall". Meaning, you are correct from a league perspective, but from an individual player perspective there are some who are not at the right level (some higher and some lower).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X