Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is it worth my daughter missing out on her High School for DA?
    DA is a waste of time.

Comment

Ecnl is better. Competition is just as good, and sometimes better.

Comment

Ecnl is better. Competition is just as good, and sometimes better.
        What about NPL?

Comment

Depends on age bracket and how well the team performs to gain access to better tournament groupings.

Comment

DA is a waste of time.
            Cost of DA?
            All in...... travel, tournys, uni's, clube fees?

Comment

Thankfully, if your daughter is a strong player she can do both. Play HS and then "tryout" for the local DA team .... Boys can do it too. If she plays HS and doesn't make a DA team then you are better off any way. Quite honestly, DA in the Northeast is not good anyways. Unless your daughter is a strong player and her hs is absolutely terrible then perhaps you should consider a prep or private school instead. Nothing wrong with a local strong player trying to turn around a weak program. Kudos to the kid(s) that try .... And even more for those that succeed. Kids today would do well to learn about pride and how to play with it.

Comment

For boys it is.

Comment

For boys it is.
                  I am not sure it does anymore. So little money for college on the boys side and international players are flat out better players and take a large percentage of the d1 and d2 money. At u18/19 it definitely no longer is with tier1 and 2 play (separation of MLS teams from general population). I expect this to happen at all ages as early as next season (the year after that at most). When that happens, there is simply no reason to pay for that mess anymore to line the USSF coffieurs for less than a B league (unless your kid is on an MLS team for free).

Comment

No it is not.Unless you have disposable income and do not care about flying to regular season games.
                    So dumb let me guess ECNL is totally worth the money right? Oh wait when the other big club was a member it was totally worth it but now you love ECNL
                    You suck!!!!!

Comment

I am not sure it does anymore. So little money for college on the boys side and international players are flat out better players and take a large percentage of the d1 and d2 money. At u18/19 it definitely no longer is with tier1 and 2 play (separation of MLS teams from general population). I expect this to happen at all ages as early as next season (the year after that at most). When that happens, there is simply no reason to pay for that mess anymore to line the USSF coffieurs for less than a B league (unless your kid is on an MLS team for free).
                      0-5

https://www.mlssoccer.com/generation...020/qualifying

Comment

What is your point?

Comment

What is your point?
                          That segregation doesn’t necessarily provide the best competition or opportunity in Massachusetts.

Comment

What do you think? You come on a snarky soccer board to get advice?

Comment

What do you think? You come on a snarky soccer board to get advice?
                              What is the vibe on the DA parent sidelines? Is it get together and party? Is it silent and cutthroat? Are there heavy clicks? Bigtime politics? All buisness?

Comment

What is the vibe on the DA parent sidelines? Is it get together and party? Is it silent and cutthroat? Are there heavy clicks? Bigtime politics? All buisness?
                                Absolutely silent and cutthroat. Boys and girls. And it's absurd because many players aren't very good and the parents foolishly think 1)DA is the greatest (it isn't) and 2) their kid will get a great package to a top university. They've no idea how low on the totem pole most local players and clubs are vs the national scene

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X