Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jefferson Cup

Taking my kid this year for the first time. Anyone have any useful insight on the tournament, places to eat, things to see in Richmond, etc.?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Taking my kid this year for the first time. Anyone have any useful insight on the tournament, places to eat, things to see in Richmond, etc.?
    www.google.com ;)

Comment

By May the tenth, Richmond had fell
      It's a time I remember, oh so well…

Comment

By May the tenth, Richmond had fell
        It's a time I remember, oh so well…
        cue sad violin music....

Comment

Typical TS responses by 3 losers.

Comment

Have fun. Before you know it they're off to college and you'll wonder why you stressed out about any of this.

Comment

Typical TS responses by 3 losers.
              And the people were singing
              They went, "Na, la, la, la, na, na
              La la, na, na, la, la, la, la, la"

Comment

Lots of historical walk arounds to kill time .Weather is usually nice down there at this time.Was fun time with my kids

Comment

They have a great place called Applebee’s in Glenn Allen.

Comment

They also have a good whine shop nearby. It’s called Sour Grapes. I’m sure you’ve heard of it.

Comment

Spend some time in Carytown. Lots of independent shops, cafes and restaurants. Personally, I hate eating at chain restaurants and hanging out in cookie cutter malls when I travel, so I like interesting local neighborhoods. Carytown is a cool, unique neighborhood and the restaurants there are awesome.

Comment

Knowing the travel budgets for D2/D3 coaches, your chances of being seen at Applebee’s are high. Bring a ball.

Comment

Just realize that the tournament is in the Richmond AREA. My daughter went 3 times and I believe she only played 1 game actually in Richmond. In our experience, games could be 30 to 40 mins away from Richmond.

With the driving between games and team meetings and workouts we didn't have a lot of down time. We used Yelp and google to help find restaurants and shopping.

Comment

Just realize that the tournament is in the Richmond AREA. My daughter went 3 times and I believe she only played 1 game actually in Richmond. In our experience, games could be 30 to 40 mins away from Richmond.

With the driving between games and team meetings and workouts we didn't have a lot of down time. We used Yelp and google to help find restaurants and shopping.
                            Good point.

I was going to suggest taking the Danville train, but Stoneman's Calvary came and tore up the tracks again.

Comment

Knowing the travel budgets for D2/D3 coaches, your chances of being seen at Applebee’s are high. Bring a ball.
                              This is an underrated comment

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X