Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-14-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default ISL Boys 2019

Who are the pre-season favorites?
Key losses and key returning players?
Key recruits coming in?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-14-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Whichever school brings in the best international players.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-14-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Milton has to be the favorite with their returning talent and strong recruits. After them, Id say its Middlesex and Rivers. BB&N is on the rise and Nobles will be in the mix too.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-16-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Milton has to be the favorite with their returning talent and strong recruits. After them, Id say its Middlesex and Rivers. BB&N is on the rise and Nobles will be in the mix too.
What's going on with Belmont Hill? They have been really lagging.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-21-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Milton should have the upper hand this year as several key players from Middlesex have graduated and they don't have adequate replacements. Nobles and BBN are similar to last year.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-21-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Milton should have the upper hand this year as several key players from Middlesex have graduated and they don't have adequate replacements. Nobles and BBN are similar to last year.
Milton graduated the league MVP, another one of their top scorers and their goalie. So their losses may actually be a bit worse than middlesex. One big question is whether Brooks will slide back to the pack now that their dominant classes have all graduated. I would think Nobles would be better than last year--no real losses to graduation and top scorers all returning.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-21-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Milton graduated the league MVP, another one of their top scorers and their goalie. So their losses may actually be a bit worse than middlesex. One big question is whether Brooks will slide back to the pack now that their dominant classes have all graduated. I would think Nobles would be better than last year--no real losses to graduation and top scorers all returning.
"league MVP" is way overkill for that player. As is often the case, officials who voted for him can be judgmentally blinded when they see youth national team experience. Good player no doubt, but ISL actual performance not deserving of league mvp or all american. All three players have good players replacing them. In addition their defense is even more solidified with two new academy players. Nobles should be their top competitor but quality of the team overall is not as good as Milton.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-21-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm new to the area and obviously completely ignorant of ISL. My kid may end up being desired by one of these schools when he gets to high school age, but he's not the boarding school type. The only ISL school anywhere near me is St. Georges, but am I correct to think they focus a little more on... well, it looks like they suck at just about every sport except maybe sailing. Are they the lone nerdy school in ISL?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-21-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm new to the area and obviously completely ignorant of ISL. My kid may end up being desired by one of these schools when he gets to high school age, but he's not the boarding school type. The only ISL school anywhere near me is St. Georges, but am I correct to think they focus a little more on... well, it looks like they suck at just about every sport except maybe sailing. Are they the lone nerdy school in ISL?
Wouldn't exactly describe STG as a "nerdy" place--I think "privileged" might be a better description (but of course that same word could apply to most of the league). Maybe the nicest campus in the league. They have not been a soccer power lately, but they have had their moments in other sports. I think they have simply not jumped on the recruiting bandwagon like many of the other boarding schools in the league. Certainly not in soccer. Depending on your point of view, that may be to their credit.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-21-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
"league MVP" is way overkill for that player. As is often the case, officials who voted for him can be judgmentally blinded when they see youth national team experience. Good player no doubt, but ISL actual performance not deserving of league mvp or all american. All three players have good players replacing them. In addition their defense is even more solidified with two new academy players. Nobles should be their top competitor but quality of the team overall is not as good as Milton.
Nobles has arguably the top 1-2 punch in the league with their two All-ISL strikers. Those two are very difficult to contain. Look for Nobles to potentially win the league.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.