Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2021 - Predictions for June 15?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So what’s the purpose of these div 1 2021’s going to anymore travel showcases. Stay local if that’s the truth no? Spending more money on no return is foolish at this point. If div 3 is your plan maybe that’s why.
    There will still be opportunities for D2 and D3 for the 2021s. Also, with the stupid calendar year move, each team has two graduating classes represented. 2021s need to go to help the 2022s. College coaches also want a chance to make sure they've made the right choices before NLIs are signed next fall - because they're stuck after that. U19 is where teams stop going except for national playoffs if they qualify.

Comment

So what’s the purpose of these div 1 2021’s going to anymore travel showcases. Stay local if that’s the truth no? Spending more money on no return is foolish at this point. If div 3 is your plan maybe that’s why.
      Just piling on: the committed are under even more pressure to attend showcases.
      Coaches want to see how their recruits are progressing, and competitive players know the next level ain't getting easier and welcome the competition

Comment

This sounds like a parent of a girl who got offered little to nothing. But at least you got your “my daughter made a D1 team” participation trophy. All that hard work to ride the pine.
        Total Dbag. My kid is a 2022, so not at this stage yet. The fact that you belittle any of these D1 athletes based on how much or how little money received says more about your ego and shallowness than anything else. It’s also obvious you were never a D1 athlete.

I walked on to a D1 program my sophomore year... after taking my freshman year to get acclimated to college life and academics. Those walk ons work just as hard and are better athletes than 98% of kids out there.

Same as D3, they are still college athletes and deserve recognition.

Comment

Better athletes than 98% I don’t think so ,not by a long shot.But you were a walk on so your an expert.

Comment

Better athletes than 98% I don’t think so ,not by a long shot.But you were a walk on so your an expert.
            a walk on 20+ years ago no less. and did he play or was he a practice cone?

Comment

Total Dbag. My kid is a 2022, so not at this stage yet. The fact that you belittle any of these D1 athletes based on how much or how little money received says more about your ego and shallowness than anything else. It’s also obvious you were never a D1 athlete.

I walked on to a D1 program my sophomore year... after taking my freshman year to get acclimated to college life and academics. Those walk ons work just as hard and are better athletes than 98% of kids out there.

Things have changed Grampy

Comment

Stats don’t lie dbag.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...lege-athletics

1.3% of High School soccer athletes go on to play D1. Doesn’t matter if walk-on or scholarship.

I definitely know a bit more than you: 1. I was a D1 athlete 2. I coach HS and club soccer

I’ve met plenty of parents like you. You don’t know squat.

Comment

but how much did you play? Did they give you money in your later years?

Comment

but how much did you play? Did they give you money in your later years?
                    I think we know the answers to those questions. None and no.

Comment

But he can brag to everyone he was a D1 athlete and use it to get high school and youth club coaching jobs. Looks good in the bio! Oh, but he already did.

Comment

But he can brag to everyone he was a D1 athlete and use it to get high school and youth club coaching jobs. Looks good in the bio! Oh, but he already did.
                        Why are you being such an as***le? How much d1 soccer did you play?

Ok then.

Comment

Lots of upcoming camps and showcases in the near future. At the Texas ECNL Showcase it seemed like a lot of coaches were at the 04 games. Wondering where the 2021s are. We are not from Mass but our 03 team had a nice turnout over last weekend. Around 150 coaches, over 100 D1. There were more at the 04s. The D1 coaches that watched our teams were mostly middle to bottom programs. Only 5 girls on our team are committed. I’m feeling anxious for my daughter. She followed up with a handful of coaches and received one reply so far. I’m just wondering how many girls are committed collectively on each of the 03 teams. I haven’t heard of any 03 team where nearly all the 2021s are committed.

Comment

There’s still time but the windows is almost closed for D1 ,D3 has always been later .

Comment

Lots of upcoming camps and showcases in the near future. At the Texas ECNL Showcase it seemed like a lot of coaches were at the 04 games. Wondering where the 2021s are. We are not from Mass but our 03 team had a nice turnout over last weekend. Around 150 coaches, over 100 D1. There were more at the 04s. The D1 coaches that watched our teams were mostly middle to bottom programs. Only 5 girls on our team are committed. I’m feeling anxious for my daughter. She followed up with a handful of coaches and received one reply so far. I’m just wondering how many girls are committed collectively on each of the 03 teams. I haven’t heard of any 03 team where nearly all the 2021s are committed.
                              The level of programs that showed up are indicative of what remains- mid to lower level programs. Even those will already have many slots filled and much of their $ locked up. Make sure she keeps at it. Keep dropping notes to coaches if she ever has anything interesting to say, or a schedule update. Still time for D2 and D3. Good luck!

Comment

For the 2021's, how soon before a showcase did you email coaches? Did you maintain ongoing communication with coach from D's side prior to showcase and after? How soon after a showcase did you hear from a coach, I know that can't have direct contact but personalized camp invite etc? I have 2022 so would appreciate any info on how it went for you. thanks.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X