Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS Issues

Any GPS parent hearing about anything going on with the RI South team coach(es)? The thread on the MA board is pretty wild.

I know GPS in RI is small, but for anyone interested, it's not looking good:

https://www.nesoccerjournal.com/investigation-lawsuit-ensnares-global-premier-soccer-amid-leadership-change/

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I know GPS in RI is small, but for anyone interested, it's not looking good:

https://www.nesoccerjournal.com/investigation-lawsuit-ensnares-global-premier-soccer-amid-leadership-change/
      GPS RI has been on the slide for the last few years. No wonder why when you read that article.

Comment

Explains the massive turnover in staff

Comment

Having a screaming dictator in change like AS has only
          Made the club worse.

He’s an absolute joke.

Comment

Having a screaming dictator in change like AS has only
            Made the club worse.

He’s an absolute joke.
            He's one of the best technical and tactical coaches GPS has. My kid had him as a coach and learned a ton. If your kid is getting yelled at, they either aren't working hard enough off the ball or are making mistakes that have been covered by him in training or 1on1 discussions.

Also, if your kid can't take some yelling from their coach without breaking down, don't bother playing High School or even think about playing in College. I suggest your kid toughen up.

Comment

Having had contact with all the coaches I can say AS is the most dedicated and talented coach at GPS. He has coached my daughter's team for the past two seasons and the team has taken giant steps forward. Most importantly my daughter has become a better player and has enjoyed the process. We can't wait for the spring to begin.

Comment

Having had contact with all the coaches I can say AS is the most dedicated and talented coach at GPS. He has coached my daughter's team for the past two seasons and the team has taken giant steps forward. Most importantly my daughter has become a better player and has enjoyed the process. We can't wait for the spring to begin.
                Will he be sticking around with the current situation GPS find themselves in? Also why is DD isn't coaching games?

Comment

GPS RI the best

All the coaches are dedicated and providing the kids a great place to learn and develop. Obviously someone has an axe to grind.

Comment

Originally posted by GPS Employee
                    All the coaches are dedicated and providing the kids a great place to learn and develop. Obviously someone has an axe to grind.
                    From what I've read, the federal government has an axe to grind.

Comment

Re:

Says the person who wrote the 7 page dissertation on th MA board and has posted on every other New England state board. The only person who has that kind of energy around this is someone with an agenda

Comment

While I did read that, I didn’t write it. Otherwise, I would’ve cut and pasted it into the RI board. I did read the references linked though, including the court cases in Massachusetts. Since I don’t have a child with GPS though, I thought it was worth asking any RI GPS parents if anything odd is going on with their teams. I don’t need any GPS employee trying to convince everyone that nothing is wrong, but thanks for trying.

Comment

Re:

I am a parent. You asked for responses from parents and when provided you don’t want to hear them person with an agenda. I’m not going to claim you work for someone, but you definitely posted this with either a personal or professional agenda.

Comment

I am a parent. You asked for responses from parents and when provided you don’t want to hear them person with an agenda. I’m not going to claim you work for someone, but you definitely posted this with either a personal or professional agenda.
                            You're coming off as being very defensive, which is what led me to believe you might be a corporate GPS employee. The original question was if anyone associated with the RI branch had heard anything related to what was reported on by NE Soccer Journal. You (presumably) eventually respond with something about the coaches being great. I have no reason to doubt that, no one ever said anything bad about the coaches, except that MAYBE they weren't completely honest on their visa applications (as instructed by GPS leadership). The question has more to do with what is going on with GPS as an organization. Is it business as usual, or have foreign coaches fled, parents discussing it, players started looking for other clubs, etc.?

Federal investigations and civil lawsuits are indeed happening, unless NE Soccer Journal is just making stuff up. I know if I were a parent of a GPS player, I wouldn't be sticking my head in the sand and accusing anyone who asks a question of having some kind of hidden agenda.

Comment

Re:

Another long winded email which takes a little bit of emotion to write. Your emotionally engaged in the issue. You have an agenda and no credibility. Thanks for proving my point.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X