Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your question is not bad, but not specific. All the stats point to the fact that the DAP sends a higher percentage of their number to D1 schools than non DAP teams. From each DAP team 12-15 kids are graduating high school and 30-60% (Bolts on lower end....or less) will attend a D1 (maybe also D2) school. If a non-DAP club graduates 12-15 they will be fortunate to get 2-4 going to D1 (maybe also D2).
    If you want to consider D3 and D3 is the goal, then club soccer will enhance your chances. Although D3 coaches would also like to get their hands on DAP kids, it is in no way any kind of 'requirement'. In fact, if you are not getting much game time for a college coach to see then it doesn't matter if you are DAP or nonDAP.....you won't be seen.
    Let's be realistic here : bolts and seacoast-less than 30% revs less than 40%

Are these numbers any higher than the GPS and NEFC NPL teams
    I don't think so. It's pretty much a wash.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Let's be realistic here : bolts and seacoast-less than 30% revs less than 40%

Are these numbers any higher than the GPS and NEFC NPL teams
      I don't think so. It's pretty much a wash.
      Do you post on TS as you're walking off the field? Stick with npl.

Comment

Do you post on TS as you're walking off the field? Stick with npl.
        We will. And we will enjoy the social and other fun parts of HS
        Soccer which sadly your kid will never get to experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          No need to feel sad. Dap kids are happy. Npl kids are happy. It's all good. Something for everyone.

Comment

My kid actually told me he didn't want to play high school kick and run. I couldn't have been more proud. The kid gets it.

Comment

College soccer is no prettier than HS.
              Missing out on HS not worth it if goal is to play college. Professional play now that's a whole different animal

Comment

My kid actually told me he didn't want to play high school kick and run. I couldn't have been more proud. The kid gets it.
                I've watched watched a good number of this season's women's games and I've been very disappointed by what I've seen. Most of the teams were launching the ball to whatever random player that was in proximity of the unfathomable target the "launcher" had in mind. Most of the teams seemed incapable of linking two or more passes. They were constantly being dispossessed. Most of the games I watched were of teams in the top 100 D1 schools. Given that it is early in the season, I'm hoping the poor quality of play is due to coaches experimenting in the early stages of their campaign. If that is not the case, it appears the horrors of HS soccer are being visited on college campuses.

Comment

College soccer is no prettier than HS.
                  Missing out on HS not worth it if goal is to play college. Professional play now that's a whole different animal
                  Neither the quality of HS or DAP are stagnant, both are improving. HS soccer is improving because of the club boom. Professional coaches are better than town daddy coaches. Look at the list of NEP and Maple clubs for the spring: thousands of players per age group and growing. Within a few years, if your kid hasn't played club then forget about HS soccer, not skilled enough. That's already true in many towns.

USS has doubled down on DAP and at younger ages. The DAP vs. Other will get wider, much wider. Speed of play, skill, year round training, only practicing and playing against the top 1% starting at age 11. Two tiered system. Your kid either plays DAP or not. As the gap gets wider colleges will focus exclusively on DAP and internationals.

That's the direction of youth soccer. It really doesn't matter if you think it's unfair or if you don't like it. Smarter parents will accept it for what it is and will plan accordingly based on their child's skill level, desire, academic goals and so on.

Comment

Neither the quality of HS or DAP are stagnant, both are improving. HS soccer is improving because of the club boom. Professional coaches are better than town daddy coaches. Look at the list of NEP and Maple clubs for the spring: thousands of players per age group and growing. Within a few years, if your kid hasn't played club then forget about HS soccer, not skilled enough. That's already true in many towns.

USS has doubled down on DAP and at younger ages. The DAP vs. Other will get wider, much wider. Speed of play, skill, year round training, only practicing and playing against the top 1% starting at age 11. Two tiered system. Your kid either plays DAP or not. As the gap gets wider colleges will focus exclusively on DAP and internationals.

That's the direction of youth soccer. It really doesn't matter if you think it's unfair or if you don't like it. Smarter parents will accept it for what it is and will plan accordingly based on their child's skill level, desire, academic goals and so on.
                    And the successes of the system just keep adding up, don't they?
                    Look up PT Barnum-he's been running US soccer for years.

Comment

What your little Messi doesn't 'get' is learning what it means to be part of something that isn't just about him. I am both a club coach and HS coach and there are distinct and valuable aspects of both for the player. Club is, and should always be about the individual player. HS is about representing your school, town, friends/classmates etc. Your proud daddy moment is misguided.

Comment

.....and fewer and fewer from the Bolts. Valeo provided only one less to D1 compared to the Bolts
                        Valeo.

You can't be serious.

Comment

What your little Messi doesn't 'get' is learning what it means to be part of something that isn't just about him. I am both a club coach and HS coach and there are distinct and valuable aspects of both for the player. Club is, and should always be about the individual player. HS is about representing your school, town, friends/classmates etc. Your proud daddy moment is misguided.
                          Sadly our town HS program is populated with the type of kids I'd rather my son not hang around with. I'm glad he wants DAP.

Comment

So did FC Boston get the Needham tournament because of their connection with Needham Soccer? Appears that a few members of the board are on each clubs' respective staff or board. someone what odd that the process would not go out to bid publically since both organizations are non-profit.

Comment

So did FC Boston get the Needham tournament because of their connection with Needham Soccer? Appears that a few members of the board are on each clubs' respective staff or board. someone what odd that the process would not go out to bid publically since both organizations are non-profit.
                              A non-profit is simply a tax classification for a corporation organized for some purpose other than making a profit. There are no obligations to bid anything or do to do business with anyone the board or management does not want to do business with.

Comment

1. GPS got freaking greedy
                                2. Needham was being threatened to lose the whole tournament. It is a big money maker for the town.
                                3. Yes...FC Boston and Needham have some commonalities. The partnership is a response or reaction to ending the affiliation with GPS. FC Boston is not going to make money on this.

GPS should actually concern most towns in which they 'partner' with.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X