X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anthony Travel

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    yes. And, when you do, there are choices of lodging. You jump in as soon as it opens and get the best spots.

Why is this so hard to understand?
    *** ru talking about?

Comment

*** ru talking about?
      Rather simple. For tournaments, club admins are provided links to register for hotels. Those admins go in, on the date when they say "go", and will either book rooms, or tell the players to do it themselves. But, they tell them where to say and what code to use.

Our club was able to identify all the qualifying hotels ahead of time. So, when the tourney director says "go", our admin would go in (usually at 12:01AM on release day) and make the reservations at the place that suites their teams needs best.

Sometimes, it's a gamble. If a tourney is spread out, there are hotels in various locations so you could get a hotel near a set of fields, and then the schedule puts you elsewhere. We've been lucky, I guess.

But, some homework ahead of time by your club will help parents out.

Comment

That's what I was thinking. We always jumped on it immediately and got good locations.
        Even when you do often times the good locations are already booked up or are much more expensive. I think the tourney organizers let the list out early for special friends. When I managed teams I had to keep in mind not every family had un unlimited travel budget. Then I'd get the angry emails asking why we had to use hotels A B or C when hotels X Y and Z were closer or cheaper. Hated the part of the job.

Comment

Anthony Travel

Even when you do often times the good locations are already booked up or are much more expensive. I think the tourney organizers let the list out early for special friends. When I managed teams I had to keep in mind not every family had un unlimited travel budget. Then I'd get the angry emails asking why we had to use hotels A B or C when hotels X Y and Z were closer or cheaper. Hated the part of the job.
          I always book my own accomodations for these short trips...The other parents gripe every year because we dont stay at the same hotel with the team....but every year they complain that they have to drive 30+ miles to/from the fields from the hotel room sat and sunday.

Comment

I always book my own accomodations for these short trips...The other parents gripe every year because we dont stay at the same hotel with the team....but every year they complain that they have to drive 30+ miles to/from the fields from the hotel room sat and sunday.
            I always feel for those kids, and there's always 1-2, who's parents choose to do their own thing. Kids are together, maybe swimming, team dinner, running around the hotel; a couple of kids are sitting with dad 30 miles away in their room.

Good times.

Comment

Anthony Travel

I always feel for those kids, and there's always 1-2, who's parents choose to do their own thing. Kids are together, maybe swimming, team dinner, running around the hotel; a couple of kids are sitting with dad 30 miles away in their room.

Good times.
              Every family is different....we are 3 boys (4 total) if you count me in the hotel room....my poor wife....we have a good time weather we are with the team or not. :)

Comment

Good times.
                Some kids need the down time and some are stupid and stay up way too late. But it is a great way for more team bonding if they can hang out together. I do whatever my kids want to do, which most times is stay with the team. I had car trouble one time too so being able to toss my kid in someone else's car so they weren't late was a life saver.

Comment

Good times.
                  Maybe your kid takes after their parents and is a %&@#$%*

Comment

Maybe your kid takes after their parents and is a %&@#$%*
                    Yes, because looking at an overnight trip as a bonding experience that my kid loves makes us both azzholes.

Understood.

Comment

My kid was miserable the one or two times I had to stay away from a team hotel. To me, not worth saving some $$ to inflict my kid with significant FOMO issues.

Comment

My kid was miserable the one or two times I had to stay away from a team hotel. To me, not worth saving some $$ to inflict my kid with significant FOMO issues.
                        There is always that one set of parents trying to outsmart the system 😂😂😂

Comment

There is always that one set of parents trying to outsmart the system ������
                          Most of the times the agencies want a team to book ten rooms. Not hard to hit. Let the other families hit the minimum and stay where you want.

Comment

Most of the times the agencies want a team to book ten rooms. Not hard to hit. Let the other families hit the minimum and stay where you want.
                            Agree. Keep your kid away from all the team activities. They can always sit in the room with mom & dad and follow what everyone is is doing on Insta....

Comment

Agree. Keep your kid away from all the team activities. They can always sit in the room with mom & dad and follow what everyone is is doing on Insta....
                              Some families are on a tight budget. The kids manage just fine even if they don't have all the advantages of the rich kids on the team. Believe it or not you can say no to kids and they survive it intact.

Comment

I am surprised no one has ever challenged this. It's called a tying agreement (you must use this...) and it's an anti-trust violation. I am hopeful this is all part of the investigation going on now too with college admissions, lying about sports and the levels of corruption.
                                With all the hubbub of the admissions scandal, now would be a prime time for people to bring this practice up with lawyers. I know many that can’t really afford this added extra expense. No wonder soccer participation is down more than 15% and falling. On top of the stupid change to birth year, soccer just keeps getting more expensive, more mandates and less fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X