Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Multiple local players at FAU, but none from Team Boca.
    Why? Not good enough?

Comment

Why? Not good enough?
      That was the original question. He coaches two girl teams, for several years, plus mentors other girls teams, but never recruits any players from his home club.

Comment

That was the original question. He coaches two girl teams, for several years, plus mentors other girls teams, but never recruits any players from his home club.
        Strange- like I said I don’t know how good a recruiter he is. He recruited 3-4 from our club and took a weaker player and passed on the rest. The way he just ghosted the girls didn’t make a great impression on the rest of the club players. But I gues some people have a hard time telling a girl thanks but no thanks.

Comment

I assume most girls that play there want to move away for college. Also- I don’t think he is such a good coach. His recruiting isn’t too sharp either. He passes on girls he has an inside track on. I think he is making offers to some of the R3 03 girls though.
          At a FAU ID camp last year, Jill Ellis was there watching a family member work out. What you think about his coaching doesn’t mean anything. I don’t think she would be there if she didn’t think he could coach.

Comment

At a FAU ID camp last year, Jill Ellis was there watching a family member work out. What you think about his coaching doesn’t mean anything. I don’t think she would be there if she didn’t think he could coach.
            Being a good coach and a good recruiter are two different things. I never said he couldn’t coach.

Comment

janae isn’t that good. Ours is better.
              Wow- game on! I would agree though. She is very fast but 1 player isn’t a team and her soccer IQ isn’t very high. Good raw talent but not high level.

Comment

We have a head college coach at our club who coaches younger girls. He doesn’t recruit from the club as he doesn’t want an appearance of violating any recruiting rules. Maybe that is why. I have heard Baker is a good coach. Haven’t personally interacted with him.

Comment

Wouldn’t have mattered, Pinecrest and Team Boca cruised thru to the final. I don’t think either had a tight game.
                  Pinecrest only beat TBU with a last minute goal in the final 4. I would count that as a tight game.

Comment

Pinecrest only beat TBU with a last minute goal in the final 4. I would count that as a tight game.
                    Isn't this the age group that had Sunrise disqualified?

Comment

Isn't this the age group that had Sunrise disqualified?
                      Yep, not really fair to the teams Sunrise knocked out before they got caught.

Comment

Yep, not really fair to the teams Sunrise knocked out before they got caught.
                        Like FYSA really cares. The team that lost to them was never given an explanation that made sense. Yet Warner was able to advance on their place and they did not deserve to be there. State Cup has become a joke.

Comment

Like FYSA really cares. The team that lost to them was never given an explanation that made sense. Yet Warner was able to advance on their place and they did not deserve to be there. State Cup has become a joke.
                          What team got screwed last year?

Comment

Which also made the other side of the bracket easier.

Comment

FYSA is as bush league as it comes.

They give zero fux about anything but themselves. They don't care about the clubs, they care even less about the players, and they are run by a bunch of a-holes. They should take the Y out of their name because Youth is the last thing they care about.

We missed the application deadline by 4 stinking days in DECEMBER. They could have taken the extra $500 they were charging for late applications and have easily included us in the field, but instead opted to leave us out. They are a joke of an organization. Unfortuntely a bad joke, we all have to continue to deal with until our kids age out of this mess we call youth soccer in Florida.

Comment

Rules

FYSA is as bush league as it comes.

They give zero fux about anything but themselves. They don't care about the clubs, they care even less about the players, and they are run by a bunch of a-holes. They should take the Y out of their name because Youth is the last thing they care about.

We missed the application deadline by 4 stinking days in DECEMBER. They could have taken the extra $500 they were charging for late applications and have easily included us in the field, but instead opted to leave us out. They are a joke of an organization. Unfortuntely a bad joke, we all have to continue to deal with until our kids age out of this mess we call youth soccer in Florida.
                                Hey sweetie ... Don't miss deadlines then you won't have to come here whining.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X