X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How? Were better players cut?
    Players are being actively encouraged/pressured/tapped to play SU by the Varsity coach.

Comment

Players are being actively encouraged/pressured/tapped to play SU by the Varsity coach.
      If true, that doesn't bode well for that coach.

You could've led with that and made it a lot easier.

Comment

If true, that doesn't bode well for that coach.

You could've led with that and made it a lot easier.
        Correct. Then report it to a neighboring school AD that plays them or another DII school AD.

Comment

If you are all that interested, wouldn't it just be easier to give me a call and I could explain the whole situation? Seems like everyone is asking questions that nobody has the answers to...

Jamie Killeen
          Kennett High School Head Coach
          Seacoast United North Program Director

Comment

No doubt some coaches "encourage" some of their varsity players to play in the off season. Where it is an issue is if there's real pressure to play at the coach's specific club or there is an explicit or implicit message that doing so will improve your HS PT. A HS coach can only have so many HS players on his club team, and realistically it wouldn't be that many since his HS team covers four years and club is one.

Comment

If you are all that interested, wouldn't it just be easier to give me a call and I could explain the whole situation? Seems like everyone is asking questions that nobody has the answers to...

Jamie Killeen
              Kennett High School Head Coach
              Seacoast United North Program Director
              What good would that do? I mean, SU has their enemies and people froth at the mouth whenever they see those letters. Heck, some may not even allow their kids to go to Syracuse because seeing those letters together triggers 'em

Comment

Response from Jamie Killeen

Nobody is being 'pressured' 'tapped' or 'forced' to do anything! Players are simply being offered an alternative opportunity than the (limited) existing program(s) in the area, and Seacoast United has provided me with all the resources/budget/backing/good will I need to make this happen.

Nobody else seems to care, least of all the NHIAA.

What sense does it make to restrict a coaches ability to work with his players (especially when they desperately need it)? Why is there not a regional team here in the area? Why is soccer not played 8 months out of the year like it's supposed to be? Why is the league table not regional? Why does Kennett travel 10 hours in 1 week to play against teams that beat us handily? Why is there no promotion and relegation to ensure parity? Does anyone really/actually care, or are we just trying to make it difficult for someone to make a difference?

Kennett High School has won less than 10 games over the past 3 years (boys and girls), and is in desperate need of help (boys have only won 1 game out of 32, girls 8 games out of 32). Kingswood (DII), Interlakes (DIII) and Laconia (DIII) are all in the same boat.

I stepped up to the plate when nobody else would take the job. It's literally a revolving door!!! They have seen 4 coaches in the past 5 years, most of whom didn't know a soccer ball from a grapefruit. They play in Division II against teams that regularly KILL them. There is no curriculum, no philosophy, no support, no enthusiasm, no energy, no excitement, no new ideas, no help, no knowledge, no coaching education, no communication, no collaboration, no player development pathway, and no other opportunities offered by the school outside of the 10 week season (up until now).

So, I guess what you guys are saying is that the best thing to do is run this 'new guy' out of town by quoting 'letter and law', rather than looking at the situation and coming up with a viable solution.

To be quite honest, if this negative attitude continues over the next 12 months they will be looking for a new coach (my daughter graduates next year). Then who will you find to do the job; you 'anonymous 1'? You 'anonymous 2'? Probably not. My thinking is that the 26 year old math teacher who used to play dodge ball on the weekends with his great aunt will be given the job!!! Well, the ball was round, right?

Step up my friends, step up, and stop talking nonsense...

I took the job because I could not bear the thought of my daughter playing 4 years of High School soccer and 'unlearning' everything she had worked hard to achieve during her 6 previous years playing high level soccer at SUSC. Coupled with this desire to see my child continue to develop and enjoy her game was the opportunity to change a culture. Little did I know that I would be trying to convert Christians to Judaism!!!

What came first, the chicken or the egg? Did I take the job before approaching the club for help, or did I take the job with the intent to develop a successful program with the help of one of the most successful clubs in NH? Answer: WHO CARES!!!!

If you would all just stop 'chattering' in these useless online forums and come out and meet me on the field to discuss HOW WE CAN AFFECT CHANGE, we actually might see an improvement in the game at the high school level here in the MWV/Lakes Region of NH.

What is your intention?

A)
                To bash someone out in the trenches? To get someone in trouble? To follow the rules to the 'letter of the law'? To spy, whisper and report?

or...

B)
                Support the development of soccer players in the MWV/Lakes Region of NH.
                To work with people collaboratively to affect positive change.
                To suggest changes to the current guidelines that make sense for all parties.
                To get involved and help support those in positions of knowledge and influence.

If you fall into category A, I have no time for you. If you fall into category B, give me a call...

603-986-0655

Comment

What good would that do? I mean, SU has their enemies and people froth at the mouth whenever they see those letters. Heck, some may not even allow their kids to go to Syracuse because seeing those letters together triggers 'em
                  Agreed: "You can tell who the leaders are; they have the most arrows in their back..."

Comment

If you are all that interested, wouldn't it just be easier to give me a call and I could explain the whole situation?
                    Many people have, unfortunately.

Comment

Many people have, unfortunately.
                      Unfortunately? Not sure what you mean. Do I know you? Have we spoken? Are you an A or B? Let thyself be known...

Comment

Nobody is being 'pressured' 'tapped' or 'forced' to do anything! Players are simply being offered an alternative opportunity than the (limited) existing program(s) in the area, and Seacoast United has provided me with all the resources/budget/backing/good will I need to make this happen.

Nobody else seems to care, least of all the NHIAA.

What sense does it make to restrict a coaches ability to work with his players (especially when they desperately need it)? Why is there not a regional team here in the area? Why is soccer not played 8 months out of the year like it's supposed to be? Why is the league table not regional? Why does Kennett travel 10 hours in 1 week to play against teams that beat us handily? Why is there no promotion and relegation to ensure parity? Does anyone really/actually care, or are we just trying to make it difficult for someone to make a difference?

Kennett High School has won less than 10 games over the past 3 years (boys and girls), and is in desperate need of help (boys have only won 1 game out of 32, girls 8 games out of 32). Kingswood (DII), Interlakes (DIII) and Laconia (DIII) are all in the same boat.

I stepped up to the plate when nobody else would take the job. It's literally a revolving door!!! They have seen 4 coaches in the past 5 years, most of whom didn't know a soccer ball from a grapefruit. They play in Division II against teams that regularly KILL them. There is no curriculum, no philosophy, no support, no enthusiasm, no energy, no excitement, no new ideas, no help, no knowledge, no coaching education, no communication, no collaboration, no player development pathway, and no other opportunities offered by the school outside of the 10 week season (up until now).

So, I guess what you guys are saying is that the best thing to do is run this 'new guy' out of town by quoting 'letter and law', rather than looking at the situation and coming up with a viable solution.

To be quite honest, if this negative attitude continues over the next 12 months they will be looking for a new coach (my daughter graduates next year). Then who will you find to do the job; you 'anonymous 1'? You 'anonymous 2'? Probably not. My thinking is that the 26 year old math teacher who used to play dodge ball on the weekends with his great aunt will be given the job!!! Well, the ball was round, right?

Step up my friends, step up, and stop talking nonsense...

I took the job because I could not bear the thought of my daughter playing 4 years of High School soccer and 'unlearning' everything she had worked hard to achieve during her 6 previous years playing high level soccer at SUSC. Coupled with this desire to see my child continue to develop and enjoy her game was the opportunity to change a culture. Little did I know that I would be trying to convert Christians to Judaism!!!

What came first, the chicken or the egg? Did I take the job before approaching the club for help, or did I take the job with the intent to develop a successful program with the help of one of the most successful clubs in NH? Answer: WHO CARES!!!!

If you would all just stop 'chattering' in these useless online forums and come out and meet me on the field to discuss HOW WE CAN AFFECT CHANGE, we actually might see an improvement in the game at the high school level here in the MWV/Lakes Region of NH.

What is your intention?

A)
                        To bash someone out in the trenches? To get someone in trouble? To follow the rules to the 'letter of the law'? To spy, whisper and report?

or...

B)
                        Support the development of soccer players in the MWV/Lakes Region of NH.
                        To work with people collaboratively to affect positive change.
                        To suggest changes to the current guidelines that make sense for all parties.
                        To get involved and help support those in positions of knowledge and influence.

If you fall into category A, I have no time for you. If you fall into category B, give me a call...

603-986-0655
                        So you do know you just admitted to breaking the NHIAA rules, right?

Comment

Good for you, Jamie. This internet warrior sounds like someone whose kid has been playing HS, isn't all that great, and is worried about losing playing time to the players who care enough to put in the work. I suggest you ignore this tool and focus on the players who care enough to improve. Posters like this don't care about the quality of the soccer program. They only care about how much PT their kid gets. They'll blow the whistle on their own school if they feel threatened.

Comment

NO. Let me know which one and I will correct it.

Comment

Jamie Killeen responds to criticism...

Good for you, Jamie. This internet warrior sounds like someone whose kid has been playing HS, isn't all that great, and is worried about losing playing time to the players who care enough to put in the work. I suggest you ignore this tool and focus on the players who care enough to improve. Posters like this don't care about the quality of the soccer program. They only care about how much PT their kid gets. They'll blow the whistle on their own school if they feel threatened.
                              The best part is, I'm the only one brave enough to put my name on my comments!!!

I actually find it quite comical. If the person who started this thread would just stand up and be known, I'll give them the job. Doubt that will happen...

Comment

You sound like an 'A' person!!! Hahahahahahahahahaha

Is this you Kelly???

All I did was pose questions. No NHIAA 'rules' have been broken. I would however suggest we address the stupidity and hypocrisy of the written rules.

Challenge authority, champion new vision, support your local gunfighter...

Come on people, we are better than this.

BTW, these chat rooms are kind of fun!!!!

Do you guys spend a lot of time doing this? I'm too busy coaching and talking to people about making changes....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X