Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    In spite of all this talent, not able to do any better than two draws and third in their group so far in the She Believes Cup. The rest of the world has caught up. Mediocre passing skill and poor receiving touches all over the pitch last night vs England. Post game, Rapinie admitted it needs to get better. Hard not to agree with her assessment.
    Yes they suck and drew against 4th and 8th ranked teams in the world. One game they had won and the other they came back to earn the draw. I agree, they did not play great but it is very early for them and they still got draws against #4 and #8.

Comment

In spite of all this talent, not able to do any better than two draws and third in their group so far in the She Believes Cup. The rest of the world has caught up. Mediocre passing skill and poor receiving touches all over the pitch last night vs England. Post game, Rapinie admitted it needs to get better. Hard not to agree with her assessment.
      Don't worry! GDA will save us!

Comment

Yes they suck and drew against 4th and 8th ranked teams in the world. One game they had won and the other they came back to earn the draw. I agree, they did not play great but it is very early for them and they still got draws against #4 and #8.
        It's not early, but I agree. Let's remain optimistic. I need to convince myself too. I am not sure they will hoist another WC trophy this summer, but they will be in the hunt. As long as they are in the hunt, anything can happen.

Comment

Optimistic one, aren’t you?
          We are well behind and what is most disturbing, is the lack of quality coming thru the ranks, other than 1 or 2 players.
          Something is horribly broken...

Comment

Optimistic one, aren’t you?
            We are well behind and what is most disturbing, is the lack of quality coming thru the ranks, other than 1 or 2 players.
            Something is horribly broken...
            And I’m tired of hearing it blamed on coaches, recruitment, identification etc.
            Colleges seem to have no difficulty in recruitment.
            I believe it is our players

Comment

Are you delusional? College recruiting is much different than USSF as college has multiple opportunities (how many teams in D1, D2, D3...also called opportunities). And college kids do cycle out every year as kids graduate, transfer, decide not to play anymore, etc. It's a constant turnover and kids willing to go to the highest bidder or constant winner.

What you do support is that many college coaches are better at recruiting and recognizing talent.

I do agree that it is the players as well. That the correct players are not being used and some are underperforming. It's not just the players.

Comment

Are you delusional? College recruiting is much different than USSF as college has multiple opportunities (how many teams in D1, D2, D3...also called opportunities). And college kids do cycle out every year as kids graduate, transfer, decide not to play anymore, etc. It's a constant turnover and kids willing to go to the highest bidder or constant winner.

What you do support is that many college coaches are better at recruiting and recognizing talent.

I do agree that it is the players as well. That the correct players are not being used and some are underperforming. It's not just the players.

Players need better training, and under the observation of a National entity and not tied to some club's results to better their league standing.

Comment

Morgan is a mess, Franch is not ready for the big show,
                  Mewis and Press should definitely see more field time, Pugh should see some more pine time
                  Dunn is a great player but isn't being utilized properly
                  Back line needs Becky back, no leadership otherwise
                  Rapinoe & Heath are carrying the team

Get it together Ellis!!! You have all the pieces, just put the puzzle together!

Comment

Mewis and Press should definitely see more field time, Pugh should see some more pine time

I don’t think Morgan is a mess. She is what she has always been. A finisher, a bit of a poacher, not a creator, not one to get her own shot.

Press has to see the field more.

They miss Lindsey and Becky.0

Mal and Rose have the ability to play better. They need to, cause Pinoe and Tobin won’t be there forever to carry and create the offense. They’re older and more likely to get injured. If they go down, I don’t see how we’ll score against quality sides.

Comment

It’s all about the media “show”. US Soccer has marketed Pugh as the young face of women’s soccer - no way she rides the pine. Next up is the 13 year old from S. calif that has gone pro and is moving to Portland, Oregon to play with the Portland Thorns. Bet she gets a call up to the full national team before long. Not because she deserves it, but because US Soccer on the women’s side is all about the media show. Sad.

Comment

It’s all about the media “show”. US Soccer has marketed Pugh as the young face of women’s soccer - no way she rides the pine. Next up is the 13 year old from S. calif that has gone pro and is moving to Portland, Oregon to play with the Portland Thorns. Bet she gets a call up to the full national team before long. Not because she deserves it, but because US Soccer on the women’s side is all about the media show. Sad.
                        I admit to not watching women's soccer but I did watch the England game. Wow, I thought they really sucked. Guess I am too used to watching Premiere and Champions league.

Rapinoe did look like she was better than everyone else. Also what is with all the women empowerment during the game? Maybe if they just focused on the soccer it would be better. Seem like you are correct. Just a media show.

I also had to laugh when the announcer was stating who he thought was the cutest on the team.

Comment

Players need better training, and under the observation of a National entity and not tied to some club's results to better their league standing.
                          Agree with some of this, but all players need good training, however, what if it's not the training. What if it is the players? It may simply be that they need better players, less hype about them, and as you astutely noted, "not tied to some club's results" or club or college coach, but simply because the new players would be better. How is getting or trying out new players not even a consideration anymore?

Comment

I don’t think Morgan is a mess. She is what she has always been. A finisher, a bit of a poacher, not a creator, not one to get her own shot.

Press has to see the field more.

They miss Lindsey and Becky.0

Mal and Rose have the ability to play better. They need to, cause Pinoe and Tobin won’t be there forever to carry and create the offense. They’re older and more likely to get injured. If they go down, I don’t see how we’ll score against quality sides.
                            Hate to be the negative nellie, but Becky S was in the second half on Saturday. Didn't help much. I think Lindsey has lost a step or two.

Comment

Agree with some of this, but all players need good training, however, what if it's not the training. What if it is the players? It may simply be that they need better players, less hype about them, and as you astutely noted, "not tied to some club's results" or club or college coach, but simply because the new players would be better. How is getting or trying out new players not even a consideration anymore?
                              It is a difference from the men's game, where they try other players and only call in the regulars as needed. Of course, that's due to club commitments whereas the ladies don't have that as much.

But, wherever we have pulled players from over the last 8-10 years, who was responsible for their development, failed.

Comment

I admit to not watching women's soccer but I did watch the England game. Wow, I thought they really sucked. Guess I am too used to watching Premiere and Champions league.

Rapinoe did look like she was better than everyone else. Also what is with all the women empowerment during the game? Maybe if they just focused on the soccer it would be better. Seem like you are correct. Just a media show.

I also had to laugh when the announcer was stating who he thought was the cutest on the team.
                                JP Dellacamera is the worst soccer announcer in the world, except for the failed Gus Johnson.
                                As for empowerment, some of the names on the ladies’ shirts were jokes-Lorde?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X