Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't think YNT losses are news anymore. So, no one cares.
    Ellis’ boy Snow continues to be unimpressive along with his quarterly roster. Please, Lord, let’s hope he’s not being groomed for the top job when Ellis leaves!

Comment

Ellis’ boy Snow continues to be unimpressive along with his quarterly roster. Please, Lord, let’s hope he’s not being groomed for the top job when Ellis leaves!
      don't you think it's Swansong? (err...swanson).

Comment

No, Swanson is happy making major bank at UVA. Snow has been Ellis’ sidekick for a long time. He’s coaching the U-23’s that feed the senior team and is in charge of all USWNT talent ID. Ellis is probably gone after the next Olympics.

Comment

No, Swanson is happy making major bank at UVA. Snow has been Ellis’ sidekick for a long time. He’s coaching the U-23’s that feed the senior team and is in charge of all USWNT talent ID. Ellis is probably gone after the next Olympics.
          since when have the u23s fed the senior team ?

Comment

since when have the u23s fed the senior team ?
            From Ellis’ own mouth https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fou...%3f_format=amp

Comment

Please..Look at the last U23 rosters. Do those look like players who will feed the senior team to you? Actions speak a lot louder than empty words.

Comment

Please..Look at the last U23 rosters. Do those look like players who will feed the senior team to you? Actions speak a lot louder than empty words.
                I think those days are long past that the U23's were the feeder team. Many on today's senior team were on U23's at one time. And, they played ODP as well. Days of future past.

Comment

Swanson can't win a national championship despite having his pick of the liter as far as recruits and young natties. Don't think he gets the nod.

Comment

Swanson can't win a national championship despite having his pick of the liter as far as recruits and young natties. Don't think he gets the nod.
                    Pick of the litter? Def not. For most WC kids that would be USC,UCLA or Stanford. UVA compete with the big ACC teams - Duke and UNC. The also are not as aggressive recruiting foreign talent.

He has no desire to "get the nod". Its a worse job than the one he has now.

Comment

I think those days are long past that the U23's were the feeder team. Many on today's senior team were on U23's at one time. And, they played ODP as well. Days of future past.
                      Short, Mace, Sonnett were recent call-ups who were on U-23’s. Hardly ancient stuff. I’d like to see them use U-23’s like a reserve team rather than dip down into the college ranks or YNT camps.

Comment

Interesting article. The problems with the program can be summed up in this quote:

“The system right now has been built on our core personnel,” Ellis explains. “I’m not a coach who says, ‘I’ve got to play this system, because that’s what I believe in.’ What I’ve done is, I’ve looked at [Mallory] Pugh and I’ve looked at Alex [Morgan] and Pinoe [Megan Rapinoe], and they are best wide, and I think Alex can be a much more active forward when she is up as the [No. 9] by herself. So, the three-front fits those three core players. Right now, we’re in a 4-3-3, so the next evolution in terms of our team, I am looking at players that can play in the way that we play now.”

Ellis and the YNT coaches build the team around the front 3. The defense and midfield are an afterthought. Boot the ball up the sides and have your wingers go 1v1 looking for a finisher. We don’t build from the back so our back line are attackers (Dunn, etc.) and our midfield is non-existent. All good until you play patient, possession-oriented teams with strong defense (France, Germany, Japan come to mind). This style has hurt us most in YNT.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X