Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It may suck in your mind and may suck in an absolute sense but it obviously doesn’t suck in the minds of the players who keep signing up. No one is forcing anyone to sign up for Thorns Academy or ECNL or any club soccer. A few left the Academy, but the majority stayed on. The girls wouldn’t stay at the Academy if it wasn’t their first choice. Period. The stars are already committed and can do whatever they want. Girls and their parents are picking the league they like best and joining or staying on. The ones who haven’t liked the league they chose have moved to another league and many more have quit soccer altogether. Why do you care what choices other kids make? It’s a game. A beautiful game but a game. It’s like being irate that some families choose to take their kids out of school a couple extra days and go to Tahiti instead of Hawaii. Yes, Tahiti is more expensive and requires more travel but it’s not anyone else’s business what other people choose to do with their money and time and their kid’s money and time. We will know the day that Thorns and ECNL suck because no one will sign up and they will have to close up shop. Until then, pick the league you like best and enjoy.

I for one am glad there are 3 choices for leagues in club-type soccer in Oregon. It keeps them all working to get your dollars.
    Why this simple reality is lost on fools like you.

A kid can play local club soccer or get selected to the on DA Thorns/Timbers.

HS sports are not club or DA.

That's it.

Comment

Why this simple reality is lost on fools like you.

A kid can play local club soccer or get selected to the on DA Thorns/Timbers.

HS sports are not club or DA.

That's it.
      Get selected to the - ? I think you missed a word there. And if you are saying "selected" means anything SELECTIVE well we all know that's nonsense. Every club knows of at least one former bench player from the home club now rostered to Thorns. And every club team has at least one D1 player who would bump a player off Thorns but who chose differently.

Comment

Get selected to the - ? I think you missed a word there. And if you are saying "selected" means anything SELECTIVE well we all know that's nonsense. Every club knows of at least one former bench player from the home club now rostered to Thorns. And every club team has at least one D1 player who would bump a player off Thorns but who chose differently.
        Chosen, picked, hand picked, scouted, recruited, signed contract, placed, imported, selected.....

That's how it works for a professional DA like the Thorns & Timbers. If that's tough for you to swallow, that's on you.

I'm sure their are some incredible players not at the La Masia (Barcelona Academy) that are even from Spain, but opted to go elsewhere and they are professional world class caliber not fledgling d1 roster spots for girls college soccer from metro area of PDX. Seriously your brain is wrapped around a professional NWSL/MLS club when your kid is exactly where she belongs in HS and playing at the local club of your choose. Life goes on without you. Get over it and deal with reality.

Comment

Chosen, picked, hand picked, scouted, recruited, signed contract, placed, imported, selected.....

That's how it works for a professional DA like the Thorns & Timbers. If that's tough for you to swallow, that's on you.

I'm sure their are some incredible players not at the La Masia (Barcelona Academy) that are even from Spain, but opted to go elsewhere and they are professional world class caliber not fledgling d1 roster spots for girls college soccer from metro area of PDX. Seriously your brain is wrapped around a professional NWSL/MLS club when your kid is exactly where she belongs in HS and playing at the local club of your choose. Life goes on without you. Get over it and deal with reality.
          You're right, my bad. I should have insisted she listen to her ODP coach's advice and do Thorns. Then she could be choosing from powerhouse programs like Regis University and Colorado College.

Comment

You're right, my bad. I should have insisted she listen to her ODP coach's advice and do Thorns. Then she could be choosing from powerhouse programs like Regis University and Colorado College.
            ODP Oregon coaches are about as trustworthy as the local club coaches. Sorry you didn't realize the DA doesn't use any of those tools on staff. Hopefully your daughter is smarter than you and has the brains to get accepted to a college, since you are clueless.

Comment

ODP Oregon coaches are about as trustworthy as the local club coaches. Sorry you didn't realize the DA doesn't use any of those tools on staff. Hopefully your daughter is smarter than you and has the brains to get accepted to a college, since you are clueless.
              Typical Thorns honk, throwing insults without realizing he's insulting the very people running the program he loves so much. Have fun cheering on the Tigers this year.

Comment

Typical Thorns honk, throwing insults without realizing he's insulting the very people running the program he loves so much. Have fun cheering on the Tigers this year.
                If complete ignorance is your definition of insult there's plenty more to come.

Semantics.

You say insults, I say ignorance, tomato ,Tomato..

Comment

Lots of girls on Thornz Asylum that couldn't get off the bench on the "B" teams at their "home" club. And many of them tried out for ECNL clubs and were politely offered spots on those club's "C" teams. Just the facts...

Comment

Lots of girls on Thornz Asylum that couldn't get off the bench on the "B" teams at their "home" club. And many of them tried out for ECNL clubs and were politely offered spots on those club's "C" teams. Just the facts...
                    Wrong. Ecnl clubs take anyone and everyone. It’s not hard to make their teams. I know a kid from our B team that starts on a local clubs Ecnl team.

Comment

Many of the club scene girls left their local clubs for an
                      opportunity with the only Pro DA in Oregon.

It happens year after year. Nowadays the DA takes the best of the best as young as 05 amd 06..That train is rolling and the teams are solid.

Comment

Many of the club scene girls left their local clubs for an
                        opportunity with the only Pro DA in Oregon.

It happens year after year. Nowadays the DA takes the best of the best as young as 05 amd 06..That train is rolling and the teams are solid.
                        Pro DA ----- run by Westside. That's a good one.

Comment

Wrong. Ecnl clubs take anyone and everyone. It’s not hard to make their teams. I know a kid from our B team that starts on a local clubs Ecnl team.

My DD played ECNL for one year before graduating. 45 kids at her tryout for one age group. It may surprise you to learn they didn't take all of them. They took 18 and added a few after tryouts. Never more than 20 on the roster. But don't let the truth get in the way of the propaganda you need so desperately to believe.

And I know a bench player from her former club team who started on her Thorns academy team. Your point?

Comment

My DD played ECNL for one year before graduating. 45 kids at her tryout for one age group. It may surprise you to learn they didn't take all of them. They took 18 and added a few after tryouts. Never more than 20 on the roster. But don't let the truth get in the way of the propaganda you need so desperately to believe.

And I know a bench player from her former club team who started on her Thorns academy team. Your point?
                            45 is weak sauce if you include b and c teams. No wonder they are struggling.

Comment

Everyone knows this. He’s obviously a troll. Don’t feed the troll.

Comment

Was it fourth place? Or third place?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X