Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This at least the second time that I've heard this statement. What you are saying is that average players will great in a few years and great players now will not be that good in a few years. Tell me again how this will happen?
    Great players play and average players watch from the bench. How will they all of a sudden get better than the great players? It's not from playing. Do you just think that they will get faster, better skilled and understand the game from the sidelines?
    It just blows my mind to think that you tell these less talented kids that they will one day be great at something that they don't have the skill set for now.

I can tell you this. My kid was good from the moment they stepped on the soccer field. They are good now and will be till they finish playing. That is because they were blessed with speed, agility, strength, height, weight and quickness. Nothing that can be trained into a player. Tell me all you want about how an average player at 12 will be great by 16 with nothing more than a growth spurt. There are factors that make a good player. The easiest is athleticism. You don't wake up one day and have it.
    TBU will be lucky to have you.

Comment

This at least the second time that I've heard this statement. What you are saying is that average players will great in a few years and great players now will not be that good in a few years. Tell me again how this will happen?
      Great players play and average players watch from the bench. How will they all of a sudden get better than the great players? It's not from playing. Do you just think that they will get faster, better skilled and understand the game from the sidelines?
      It just blows my mind to think that you tell these less talented kids that they will one day be great at something that they don't have the skill set for now.

I can tell you this. My kid was good from the moment they stepped on the soccer field. They are good now and will be till they finish playing. That is because they were blessed with speed, agility, strength, height, weight and quickness. Nothing that can be trained into a player. Tell me all you want about how an average player at 12 will be great by 16 with nothing more than a growth spurt. There are factors that make a good player. The easiest is athleticism. You don't wake up one day and have it.
      This^^^

Comment

To be fair most of tho positions were filled by starters playing their normal positions for WFF. The Rush girls played a better style and smarter soccer . WFF have too much over dribbling by players and depends on smash and crash in the back that left them exposed and setup easy goals. If someone who did not know the club's watched the games they would likely assume Rush was the DA club

Sad that a non DA team wants to get on here and brag about victories in a scrimmage. The purpose of a scrimmage is to try players at different positions and to test strategies. It is posts like these that keep DA and ECNL teams from giving you scrimmages because while you are all about puffing your chest the DA/ECNL team is in need of what a scrimmage provides.

Since I don’t believe anyone from WFF would get on here and brag about this I can only assume that a Rush parent is responsible, in which case I will point to the week before when you scrimmaged those other DA teams. Would you care to let everyone know how that went for you?

My advise would be to be grateful for the opportunity in the future, as everyone knows that giving such scrimmages can lead to this. Not from WFF, but bravo to the leadership for allowing this scrimmage even though the conventional wisdom would be not to.

Comment

The Rush girl parents just keep trying to convince themselves they are the best. Just because you beat WFF in a scrimmage that means zero, nada, nothing. Now when you beat other GDA clubs and ECNL teams then come back here.
          Scrimmages mean zip.

Comment

I do believe the previous poster was right. This most likely the work of bitter WFF parents or the basher from TBU.

The Rush girl parents just keep trying to convince themselves they are the best. Just because you beat WFFshet in a scrimmage that means zero, nada, nothing. Now when you beat other GDA clubs and ECNL teams then come back here.
            Scrimmages mean zip.

Comment

To be fair most of tho positions were filled by starters playing their normal positions for WFF. The Rush girls played a better style and smarter soccer . WFF have too much over dribbling by players and depends on smash and crash in the back that left them exposed and setup easy goals. If someone who did not know the club's watched the games they would likely assume Rush was the DA club
              Minus all starters missing due to broken wrists, arms, HS commitments, and just unavailable. That’s 5 starters from just 1 team btw.

Comment

I hate to burst your bubble but both WFF GDA teams were missing 4-5 girls each and coaches were moving kids around and playing subs more. That’s what scrimmages are for.
                Scrimmage or not..there is no way on this planet the "Florida Rush" girls team should ever, ever beat a GDA team. You could & should play a two players down in the game & still win.
                The fact that you did not is inexcusable & should really make the parents question the development capabilities of the WFF staff.
                That U15 team is particularly lacking in talent. Woeful, in fact.
                Who put that team together & thought it would be remotely competitive in DA?

Comment

Minus all starters missing due to broken wrists, arms, HS commitments, and just unavailable. That’s 5 starters from just 1 team btw.
                  With all those broken wrists and arms, WFF needs to teach these girls that in soccer you can't use your arms like you can in American football. Maybe that's why they're struggling - surprised a coach from England hasn't pointed that out yet?

Comment

TBU will be lucky to have you.
                    Maybe TBU, but we heard Florida Rush has a good program.

Comment

Maybe TBU, but we heard Florida Rush has a good program.
                      Welcome to I-4

Comment

Scrimmage or not..there is no way on this planet the "Florida Rush" girls team should ever, ever beat a GDA team. You could & should play a two players down in the game & still win.
                        The fact that you did not is inexcusable & should really make the parents question the development capabilities of the WFF staff.
                        That U15 team is particularly lacking in talent. Woeful, in fact.
                        Who put that team together & thought it would be remotely competitive in DA?
                        U15 seems to be particularly bad age in the Tampa area. Look how the team from that age group is doing in ECNL, that team lost to Lakeland last year playing in the CDL showcase?

Comment

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
                          This thread wasn’t started by Rush parents, it was started by that same group of 05 parents that have done nothing other than complain about every coach their little princesses have had since their glory days of RH. Now that they are competing against real teams on a week to week basis and they aren’t winning U.S.A. league trophies and Sarasota Cup medals, they don’t know how to react, other than blame the coach for something different every week. If you haven’t noticed, this weeks theme is ‘greedy coaches’. Is it a coincidence that this was also the week that SS sent out his email about his 2 day camp? I think not.

Go ahead and follow through on your threats of taking your girls to TBU next year (if they even make the TBU team). I can’t wait to see your reactions when DSB strongly suggests that your girls enroll in her Future 50 camp or whatever else she will have throughout the year to raise some extra money. Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.[/QUOTE]

The fact of the matter is there are a handful of kids on the GDA '05 who aren't DA (or ECNL) level. They're on the team because of their parents kicking up a fuss when they didn't get DA invitations in the first rounds and the coaches caved. Most of the losses are down to that. TBU won't solve that problem, friends.
                          smh Winter Haven, Parrish and FishHawk.

Comment

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
                            This thread wasn’t started by Rush parents, it was started by that same group of 05 parents that have done nothing other than complain about every coach their little princesses have had since their glory days of RH. Now that they are competing against real teams on a week to week basis and they aren’t winning U.S.A. league trophies and Sarasota Cup medals, they don’t know how to react, other than blame the coach for something different every week. If you haven’t noticed, this weeks theme is ‘greedy coaches’. Is it a coincidence that this was also the week that SS sent out his email about his 2 day camp? I think not.

Go ahead and follow through on your threats of taking your girls to TBU next year (if they even make the TBU team). I can’t wait to see your reactions when DSB strongly suggests that your girls enroll in her Future 50 camp or whatever else she will have throughout the year to raise some extra money. Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.

The fact of the matter is there are a handful of kids on the GDA '05 who aren't DA (or ECNL) level. They're on the team because of their parents kicking up a fuss when they didn't get DA invitations in the first rounds and the coaches caved. Most of the losses are down to that. TBU won't solve that problem, friends.
                            Parents and coaches having parent/coach conversations on TS is a true sign of a club's success.

True professional, wouldn't expect anything less from former YNT coaches.

Comment

Parents and coaches having parent/coach conversations on TS is a true sign of a club's success.

True professional, wouldn't expect anything less from former YNT coaches.
                              It’s not the coaches posting. The two comments you’re quoting are from parents who sick and tired of a small group of parents trying to ruin it for everyone else. They continuously tell their daughters to ignore coaching, openly bad mouth teammates and coaches, and manipulate club officials to get their way. It has been previously communicated to them to calm their actions, but their heads are so far up their own *****es, they don’t realize they are the actual problem. At this point we’re just hoping they follow through on their threats to leave the club. #additionbysubtraction.

Comment

It’s not the coaches posting. The two comments you’re quoting are from parents who sick and tired of a small group of parents trying to ruin it for everyone else. They continuously tell their daughters to ignore coaching, openly bad mouth teammates and coaches, and manipulate club officials to get their way. It has been previously communicated to them to calm their actions, but their heads are so far up their own *****es, they don’t realize they are the actual problem. At this point we’re just hoping they follow through on their threats to leave the club. #additionbysubtraction.
                                Thanks coach!

Is that what your "smh Winter Haven, Parrish and FishHawk." Comment was referring to?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X