Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You let the youth soccer industry roll over your kids and prevent them form playing LAX, or running track, or playing softball or participating and contributing in some other way to their school experience? You let some business tell you sorry, we made up some stupid rules that will make it impossible for your kid to participate.? Some are not so easily defeated.
    Dummy the poster meant school rules. Screw the clubs. You're the paying customer and you have other options.

Comment

Hello, Mass people, its NYCFC/WC not the other way around, and yeah it means a lot....
      It means nothing if NYCF is no longer involved

Comment

Dummy the poster meant school rules. Screw the clubs. You're the paying customer and you have other options.
        The two organizations are at odds. The schools are archaic and not addressing the problem that for kids to really ditch the club system will cost them. Players feel they must play club to position themselves well. The clubs are not supportive of kids playing school sports and the schools are not supportive of the kids involved in club sports. And guess who loses out again...the players. What a surprise.

Comment

That is if you let your player lose out. You can also resist such nonsense and make resonable adjustments to accommodate both. Accept there will be penalties, accept there will be conflicts, accept some people will judge being multisport as a negative, and then go about your business and make the best contribution possible to both if you choose.

Comment

The two organizations are at odds. The schools are archaic and not addressing the problem that for kids to really ditch the club system will cost them. Players feel they must play club to position themselves well. The clubs are not supportive of kids playing school sports and the schools are not supportive of the kids involved in club sports. And guess who loses out again...the players. What a surprise.
            Schools have other students to worry about, not just some athletes who play outside sports. It's not a good message to send that "we have rules and expectations but only some of you have to follow them." Others might start making excuses for missing things. Teams arent always made up of highly motivated players eager to do the right thing.
            Also coaches by their nature are competitive and want to win. I don't blame coaches, club or HS, wanting their players there all the time. If it was soccer+soccer I think clubs and maybe even HS coaches would be more forgiving. But here club is off when there is HS soccer so it's never an issue.
            Other seasons it's HS sport X vs club soccer. Coaches wont see much of a vendor of the other sport, particularly as they're not always the brightest and egos get bruised. Individual coaches may give and take once in awhile but as a whole neither will.

My kids play basketball in the winter. It only works because there's fewer soccer practices and rarely games. On days when they have both they are wiped out. But spring was untenable. Not only were there too many conflicts but physically it got to be too much. One dropped LAX, the other dropped soccer. Spring track is an option but there's so much wasted down time. Golf? Snooze. Baseball definitely isn't very physically taxing lol.

Comment

But much of our basketball team, soccer team, lax team etc. (even on JV) is made up of club players. Good luck even making some of these squads if you dont suck it up and do the club thing. Schools reward some club players and punish others. Plenty of good soccer players are driven out of school soccer because they have to play club LAX to be able to use it for college.

Unfortunately, the club sports are here to stay as long as college admissions continue to factor athletics into their decisions.

Comment

It means nothing if NYCF is no longer involved
                Oh, they are involved, more than I thought, haha. Very few people know the whole deal, I am one of them, they are involved.

Comment

But much of our basketball team, soccer team, lax team etc. (even on JV) is made up of club players. Good luck even making some of these squads if you dont suck it up and do the club thing. Schools reward some club players and punish others. Plenty of good soccer players are driven out of school soccer because they have to play club LAX to be able to use it for college.

Unfortunately, the club sports are here to stay as long as college admissions continue to factor athletics into their decisions.
                  And sadly many won't ever make it in to a college team. They give up a lot for a very uncertain reward.

Comment

Oh, they are involved, more than I thought, haha. Very few people know the whole deal, I am one of them, they are involved.
                    Do tell!!

Comment

Do tell!!
                      Why would NYCFC stay involved next year? They barely were year 2 from what I've heard. They are washing their hands of it. There's just some personnel involved, nothing more.

Comment

Why would NYCFC stay involved next year? They barely were year 2 from what I've heard. They are washing their hands of it. There's just some personnel involved, nothing more.
                        The NYCFC/WCFC partnership has their ECNL teams training and playing their home games at the NYCFC training center in Orangeburg. NYCFC will still be involved.

Comment

But everyone thinks their kids are super special and the coach will bend the rules. Then they get all pissy when their kids gets penalized. Coach's program. He calls the shots.
                          School programs are different than club programs. Club programs develop or are supposed to. School programs don't need to.

School programs, if it is a private school, can have too much parental oversight. He who pays the tuition controls the roster sometimes.

Comment

The NYCFC/WCFC partnership has their ECNL teams training and playing their home games at the NYCFC training center in Orangeburg. NYCFC will still be involved.
                            LOL those are World Class FC’s fields. The training center for NYCFC is across the street and the youth teams are only allowed look at them from afar. NYCFC is “supporting” the girls ECNL teams at World Class next year. And when I say “supporting”, I mean they are allowing them to wear their uniforms. World Class and NYCFC plan to build additional fields together in the future, but for now that’s it

Comment

LOL those are World Class FC’s fields. The training center for NYCFC is across the street and the youth teams are only allowed look at them from afar. NYCFC is “supporting” the girls ECNL teams at World Class next year. And when I say “supporting”, I mean they are allowing them to wear their uniforms. World Class and NYCFC plan to build additional fields together in the future, but for now that’s it
                              INO - In Name Only. That's the extent of NYCFC's involvement next year. They're assuming GDA will be gone soon enough.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X