Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I always think of Strictly whenever I read someone on TS trying to explain how great it was back when there were small, neighborhood clubs all over the place. Well, actually, it wasn't that great at all. Two coaches for 6 teams, GK coach on some erratic schedule, strange training activities. I mean I loved that you could drink beers during the practices and they would occasionally pull out the grill and cook brats. But aside from the that, playing soccer there wasn't do your kid any favors.
    Hans does teach kids to bunker down and get all 11 in their own box.

Comment

I always think of Strictly whenever I read someone on TS trying to explain how great it was back when there were small, neighborhood clubs all over the place. Well, actually, it wasn't that great at all. Two coaches for 6 teams, GK coach on some erratic schedule, strange training activities. I mean I loved that you could drink beers during the practices and they would occasionally pull out the grill and cook brats. But aside from the that, playing soccer there wasn't do your kid any favors.
      Sounds like the greatest soccer club ever

Comment

Sounds like the greatest soccer club ever
        I agree.

Actually the year we were with them as a parent I had the most enjoyable time in all the years my daughter has played so far. Great family friendly environment.

Unfortunately for her age group they just did not get the numbers to form a quality enough team which made for some frustration. Although the girls themselves were super nice to be around. Overall the training was good. My daughter learned a lot of the skills that have served her well in the years that followed at Strictly. Sure the B family can be over the top, but actually did seem to care about the kids.

If the higher leagues at the big clubs hadn't been pulling girls away it might have been different. If all things were equal in that regard I wish my kid could play at a neighborhood club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X